More Hackenberg...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 7, 2017.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

No Patriots coaches EVER.

Not that it's an option. Josh McTurdnugget will run off and purposely ruin another AFC team and Bill O'Brien will walk away from the Texans to be the Pats OC.

Btw, FUCK Pepper Johnson. He's been Belichick's dickboy since Cleveland. I'm totally shocked that the Dline underperformed.

It writes itself.

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  2. jsyankees12

jsyankees12 Member

Cimini is a dick, but I definitely trust his "sources" over Manish's. And I think his articles aren't just mindless clickbait...he just never has anything positive to say about the team

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Another bad draft will probably get Mac fired after next season. I think that's the only thing that would break him next year from a football administration point of view.

I hope he has full control of the scouting apparatus and the various other personnel people. The Jets talent evaluation of young players has been horrible since Parcells left the building. As of the point that Idzik was hired the Jets needed a total blowout in that area and it did not happen under his watch. Hopefully Mac has managed (or will manage) to do the trick.

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I liked the AFC QB coach who said give him 2 weeks and he could fix him. That's the kind of honest assessment that is probably the truth.

He has the tools to be a good QB, some minor adjustments is probably all that's needed.

When I hear a scout say that Hack doesn't like getting hit, that's not even a professional assessment. What QB likes getting hit?

Guys we need to stop biting on every single article that's put out there by the media.

Let's enjoy playoff football and take a break from the propaganda until the jets actually do something in the off season.

JMO

5. ChrebetCrunch

ChrebetCrunch Well-Known Member

Maybe not in an official capacity. They can strongly recommend that he goes to XYZ footwork camp that just happens to be taught by a NFL caliber QB coach.

LV Coach likes this.
  6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I think that was his plan, work with Jordan Palmer in the off season.

7. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Hell, nobody does that around here ...

[​IMG]

kevda5n9ne and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. LarryAlRalph

Be careful with that. We could end up with Osweiler.

9. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

It's not a bad article, but we really won't know anything concrete until the draft, then OTAs, then TC, the Preseason. Hell, even if the Jets walk away with a stud RB, a new LT, and C, plus some Gs, it might not be a sign that they're confident in Hackenberg so much as it just makes football sense. It's certainly a stronger message if they take a QB in round 1, but they still may give Hackenberg a shot. Afterall, it's been how many decades since we've had, not just a good, but a franchise QB?

10. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

The very thought is so gross.

11. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Don't say that. It gives me Neil O'Donnell flashbacks.

kevda5n9ne and LarryAlRalph like this.
  12. LarryAlRalph

[​IMG]

kevda5n9ne and playtowinthegame like this.
  13. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

With all due respect Lee was the second highest tackler and was calling the D when Harris was out. To say that he has no impact is just plain wrong.

14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Please make him the last hurrah for first round D selections...build the OL

Dibben likes this.
  15. Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020 Active Member

BS. Fitzpatrick went to Harvard and he never failed.

16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

That's because he was never smart ahahah

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  17. Carpetbagger

Carpetbagger Well-Known Member

It's absurd to assess a qb who hasn't even taken a snap in a real game. He's a project. This is not news. Hopefully, Hack will go to some big time QB academy over the offseason and work on improving and he makes some strides in TC. The front office took a chance with Hack because his ceiling is so high. If it doesn't work out it is not like we spent a first rounder on the guy. I have never seen so many fans flipping out over a 2nd round draft pick.

18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

"Mostly, he was wild high, sailing passes over the heads of his receivers. I don't mean to be flippant, but the beat writers had to pay attention on the sideline because they didn't want to get beaned by an errant fastball."
    -Cimini

I'm always confused when I hear about an NFL quarterback that can't throw a football.

How did they get to this level when they can't place a football accurately into a receiver's hands?

I tend to think that fixing mechanics has got to be one of the more difficult aspects of a qb's development.

You can dumb down the playbook to help a young quarterback (i.e. Sanchez' wristband)...but there's no easy cure for sloppy mechanics...is there?

Plus Hack reportedly has trouble sensing the pass rush. That's a bad combination.

Everyone says what a great mind he has for the game...as well as size (6'5" 230lbs.)
    Stuck with it at PSU...that was seen as an upside. Character individual. That's great.

Marino was rumored to like blow. So what.

The link directly below is to an article written by Sam Monson on PFF before the draft.
    I think it's a fairly insightful look at Christian Blaize Hackenberg.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/dr...ve-a-draftable-grade-on-christian-hackenberg/

"One of the few things left supporting Hackenberg’s draft stock is that he looks like an NFL quarterback. His arm is pretty good, and he ticks most of the measurable boxes, but that’s like a newly created Madden player before you have assigned all the performance attributes like accuracy and decision-making. At that point all you have is a player shell."
    -Monson

19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

How is he supposed to show "demonstrable progress" when the very area where he needs work in order to progress hasn't even been addressed yet? He isn't ready. Everyone should have known that. If the Jets' hopes are indeed fading, then Mac IS an idiot and never should have drafted Hack. It was obvious his fundamentals needed major overhauling. If they're going to start losing hope in him before he has even addressed his fundamentals, then that's just dumb.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Unless Gailey and Mac lied earlier when they said that they wouldn't begin working on fixing Hack's fundamentals until the season was over, how/why would they be disappointed now in his progress? He's not gonna progress until his fundamentals are fixed. It makes no sense whatsoever, unless Hack has had problems picking up the offense or learning to read Ds from watching film.

hwismer likes this.