More Hackenberg...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Jan 7, 2017.

1. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

A ton of his beatings as you say we're his own fault. I watched enough of his games to know he wasn't a second round draft pick.
    He isn't cerebral, and he had total control at the LOS. He could have changed the plays to counter the rush, but mismanaged obviously.
    If his line was so terrible, why did they improve when he left for the NFL? Coincidence? I believe not.

2. Pags2112

Pags2112 Well-Known Member

Actually they added four new starters after Hackenbergs True Freshman year. As for his thrashing at Temple .. it is a Known fact that Phil Snow transformed that Boys D into a Pro Style Defense. Temple ranked in the nations top 25 in Total Defense and Scoring Defense in Hackenbergs years at Penn St. I'm not saying that the above and below are the ONLY reasons why Hackenberg regressed his Sophmore Year but you can't deny it added to it. A redshirt NFL 2016 IMO was needed.

2012 Pre-Hack

LT-Donovan Smith
    LG-Miles Dieffenbach
    C-Matt Stankiewitch
    RG-John Urschel
    RT-Adam Gress

2013 Freshman Year
    LT-Donovan Smith
    LG-Miles Dieffenbach
    C-Ty Howle
    RG-John Urschel
    RT-Adam Gress

The Nittany Lions lost five offensive linemen to graduation at the end of this season. Right guard John Urschel and center Ty Howle were regular starters, while Garry Gilliam and Adam Gress split time at right tackle. Eric Shrive was primarily a reserve. Thus they relied on walk-ons for depth and had to convert two defensive linemen into STARTING offensive linemen.

2014 Sophomore Year
    LT-Donovan Smith
    LG-Derek Dowrey(converted DL)
    C-Angelo Mangiro
    RG-Brian Gaia(converted DL)
    RT-Andrew Nelson

The 2014 recruiting class, which Franklin worked on for just a month, has produced only one contributing offensive lineman — Chasz Wright. For the next two years walk-ons and converted defensive players(All underclassmen) would man the starting line and sub in for injuries.

2015 Junior "I've had enuff" Year
    LT-Paris Palmer
    LG-Brendan Mahon
    C-Angelo Mangiro
    RG-Brian Gaia
    RT-Andrew Nelson

+16: For what it’s worth, Penn State’s scoring offense improved in the second year of the Franklin era. The team scored 16 more points but had 200 fewer yards.

• Christian Hackenberg had his best touchdown-to-interception ratio by far (chronologically it was: 20-10, 12-15, 16-5), but also had his worst completion percentage.

Penn State quarterbacks were sacked 3.4 times per game in 2014, which was the seventh-highest amount of any team in college football, according to PFF. Hack was sacked 38 times in 2015, ninth-highest.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Again, you show that you have no clue what you're talking about. You're just making shit up. Conversation ended.

4. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Read that Blake Bortles has "fixed" his mechanics and I wonder if Hack is putting in that painstaking work? Guess we'll find out come April....

5. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

These posts crack me up. I watched "enough of his games". So you have established by watching enough of his games that you have come to the conclusion that he was not worth a second. Now an NFL scout team whose job is specifically evaluating talent that has watched ALL of his games over and over, including countless hours by seasoned professionals and didn't come to the same conclusion is wrong. Sure, sounds completely logical.

hwismer, Walt White and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. tbruner12

If you say so QB whisperer..... If you say so. You have no clue.

7. tbruner12

Wanna make a small wager on Quacks future? Put your money where your mouth is. All you redshirt QB pundits crack me up.
    He sucks, bottom line

BigSnacks54 likes this.
  8. tbruner12

Put it this way.....
    I'm not a scout, but the Jets have guys who are, who graded him a second. I bet I'm proven right and they were wrong in the end.
    Sound logical now?

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Depends on who you see to get those mechanics fixed. Buyer beware, because Bortles got worse last season, look at this throwing motion compared to the year when he threw 40 TDs [in probably the most overrated 40 TD season of all time --- majority of them coming from behind or out of the game]:

Bortles however always had really bad mechanics. Hackenberg freshman year had a lot of good things to work with, the next 2 years they changed his footwork changed the offense. Bortles is and will be a bust. Hack has a different road IMO. He's more of a wildcard then Bortles.

10. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Why can't people just calm down? You can rip the Jets and Hackenburg all you want AFTER he fails, but the fact of the matter is that he hasn't failed yet. He could still become a starter. People just don't understand the concept of letting a QB sit for a year. Every body knows more than all GMs in football apparently. We knew Hack most likely wouldn't start in 2016, and now people whining non stop about it. Just stop. I can't stand all this off season whining, it's making me depressed. Football is a GAME, not your life. Stop taking it personally.

hwismer, NCJetsfan and NOVAJET like this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

IMO if you asked the 30 non-Jets or Jags GMs whether they'd rather have Bortles or Hack right now, most of them would say Bortles.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  12. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

I'm really looking forward to this. Can't wait.

13. NOVAJET

Haha, yeah cause Internet wagers with strangers always works out well. You could be right, you could be wrong. Frankly saying you have a shadow of a clue is asinine. Unless you can post your scouting or coaching credentials I basically have no need or want for your baseless speculation of an opinion. To each their own I guess.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I always thought Bortles was overrated. Hack? Ehh didn't like the pick but gotta work with it.

If you put a gun to my head and asked me to choose? I'd be dead.

15. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but I've never been as confident in a QB taken as high as Hackenberg busting. I hope I'm wrong.

tbruner12 likes this.
  16. NOVAJET

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

I'm convinced that this site will totally implode at some point next year, likely after hack has a 4 int game giving us a 2-12 record. LOL.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  18. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Quite possibly, but at least we will have a good idea of what Hack is at that point and a high draft pick if we need another. Frankly I'd kind of expect him to have a 4 int game at some point even if he's doing well generally, that's just the way it is for a young player, and 2-12 is entirely possible anyway even if we'd signed the best FA QB out there.

19. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I have pretty much accepted that this season will be in the 2 to 4 win range.

So, what will keep me interested will be watching a team of young players busting their butts, and trying to get better.

Imagesrdecieving and MoWilkBeast like this.
  20. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

I don't understand why people are even talking about Hackenberg starting in 2017?

When he was drafted, he was considered to be a PROJECT. It was said at that time he would be red shirted in his rookie and PROBABLY wouldn't see any extensive action in 2017? He's supposed to sit for a minimum of TWO seasons if the powers that be are doing things the way they want to?

Hack was drafted last April? So once again, if Hack sees any action in 2017 it will be because they are likely just wanting to test him and see how he does in a limited amount of playing time. But thinking he's going to steal the starting nod away from McCown is the wrong thinking?

You may hate it? I know I certainly do. But Hack is probably not going to see much action, if any at all in 2017.