More Cheatie McCheating From the Cheats Capital of the Free World . . . Only This Time it's Biteball

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by jetophile, Sep 7, 2017.

1. jetophile

jetophile Laika

Eh, maybe this belongs in the Baseball forum, and if the mods want to move it, be my guest. Also, if it has already been posted (couldn't find it), my apologies and please merge. Now I know everyone despises The New York Post, but I love it for all of the reasons that everyone despises it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

'Boston Cheat Party', hahahaha. Who cares about the article?! Read the fine print: "Like the Patriots before them, the Red Sox have been caught cheating . . . " Hahaha, "caught cheating". I still have clippings from the NYP with the NFL standings right after Spygate: asterisk next to New England Patriots, *Caught cheating across the bottom - and they ran it all year long. God love and keep that yellow rag as far as I'm concerned. Will post a clipping as proof when I get a chance, but I'm sure some folks remember that. I still have one tacked to a bulletin board in my studio right next a pic of Namath in his bachelor pad. That bulletin board has a lot of fun stuff on it.

EDIT & P.S.: Having a little trouble getting the pic to take. Damn it.

#1 jetophile, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

everybody does it

3. FJF

FJF Well-Known Member

4. jetophile

jetophile Laika

But nobody does it better. Reminds of that Carly Simon song - especially the spy who loved me part.

http://deadspin.com/hell-yes-now-the-red-sox-are-accusing-the-yankees-of-c-1801816498
    HAHAHA, Filed to FENGHAZI. Look under the writer's photo. I just spit out my water.

5. jetophile

jetophile Laika

There ya go. Finally! Zoom in. It's worth it . . . I promise.

[​IMG]

I still have a couple of other clippings floating around with the divisional standings as well as point spreads. I replaced them occasionally as the season went on. This is the last one that I tacked up. Hardy-har.

#5 jetophile, Sep 12, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    HomeoftheJets likes this.
  6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Andrew "The French Mistake" Benintendi

[​IMG]

[​IMG]