Monday Night Football in ATL. Oct 7, 2013. Who's going?

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by South J-E-T, Aug 13, 2013.

1. South J-E-T

South J-E-T Member

Surely the Jets fans from the South will represent. We need to take over a bar or two before the game.

2. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Me and my girl will be driving up Sunday night from Tampa... Let me know where you are gonna be at, I am deff down to meet up before the game and take a bar over.

3. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Nobody here is going to that game??

4. Jet Pac

Jet Pac New Member

Nah rather watch us get absolutely destroyed on national TV.

5. South J-E-T

South J-E-T Member

6. South J-E-T

South J-E-T Member

7. South J-E-T

South J-E-T Member

Any Jets fans making the trip to Atlanta for MNF Oct 7?
    Let's drink a beer or 7 and celebrate the 3 and 1 start before putting a beat down on the Falcons.

8. South J-E-T

South J-E-T Member

My wife and I live only 2 hrs away so we're coming up early Monday afternoon and staying at the Omni downtown. There are two sports bars within walking distance of the Georgia Dome I am familiar with. Stats and Jock and Jills. Shoot me an email if any Jets fans want to get together for a few beers before kickoff. dgarner1964@yahoo.com

9. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

I'm going to the game, staying at The W. No idea what we're doing beforehand, all the arrangements are out of my hands. Really interested in seeing their stadium.

_

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

So how was the game experience down in Atlanta. Write up folks :)

11. JStokes

Atlanta was fine, stayed at The W in midtown and had some cocktails before heading over to the Georgia Dome. People were very nice, but the town was dead on a Monday night.

It's kind of nice having a stadium right in the city--being in a big parking lot like Met Life is pretty weak. Man how I wish Woody had been permitted to build the West Side Stadium. Damn Sheldon Silver.

Pregame--pretty empty until 5 minutes into the game--maybe 50%--60% full at kickoff. Once it filled up it got pretty loud, that last drive by Geno and it was deafening. The Folk FG literally and figuratively let some of the air out of the building--the Falcons fans were stunned.

Here's a pregame shot.

[​IMG]

Red Zone Defense

[​IMG]

Beverages

[​IMG]

Falcons Cheerleaders came up to the box--not the hottest two, there were some smoking ones

[​IMG]
    _

12. Brook!

Thanks for the pics JStokes.

Did you watch the game at a suite or something? How did you manage to take pictures with cheerleaders inside the stadium.

You are actually becoming my favorite with all those cool experiences. First picture with Klecko now Atlanta cheerleaders. Good for you man :)

13. JStokes

We were in a suite owned by my buddies firm--a bunch of the cheerleaders came up to the suites at half-time to schmooze. I think it's part of the comp the suiteowners pay for. I asked no questions and did not complain :grin:

Food was just meh, but we had several bottles of Grey Goose so I was happy.

_

14. Brook!

I am glad you enjoyed. I was visiting Atlanta regularly for work up until last year. Did you guys head to Cheetah as well or no? :)

15. JStokes

We thought about it but one of the guys we were with is kind of a moral compass so we just headed back to The W for drinks :grin:

_

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Good stuff, Stokes! Cool pics. It's good to see Jets fans having a good time at other stadiums. It's like the opposite of all the nightmare stories I hear from Jets fans going to Foxboro.

#16 Barcs, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

[​IMG]

18. JStokes

I've been to Gillette the last 5 regular season games with one of our law firms and have had a great time each game, even though we lost. Our tailgate is outstanding and the Pats fans that I go with are not D-bags and very good natured, recognizing I'd fire their firm if they WERE D-bags :grin:

Also recognizing that we sit in a box so I don't have to mingle with the usually incredibly drunk Patriot fan base. :rofl:

I do like Gillette- the building- a lot more character than MetLife.

_

_

19. Brook!

So you watch Jets games at Foxboro in suites as well

I am starting get jealous :)

Is it safe for a Jets fan to tailgate alone in Foxboro? None of my Jet friends wants to head to Boston for that game and I really want to watch Jets at Gillette. Please consider I am not American and I do have an accent while speaking. Will that cause more problems or less?

20. JStokes

I have one rule, well a bunch of related rules.

I NEVER wear Jet related gear to any game-away OR home. I don't overtly root for my team, don't make an ass of myself, don't draw attention, and I NEVER engage opposing fans in heated words. Ever.

It's not worth it.

The guys I go with are actually friends as well as colleagues, professionals all and cannot afford to be involved in any type of fracas or fistcuffs or anything resembling a spat. We conduct ourselves as adults as if we're going to a movie or a concert or any other form of entertainment that doesn't involve mixing it up with drunken idiots.

If you act respectful, they can be quite engaging fans. Of course I've never been there for a win in 5 tries so maybe that's why I got out alive :grin:

Having an accent is not an issue if you follow the above rules, in fact 2 of the guys we go with and 1 of the women are not US nationals, and although they've lived in the US for years they have heavy accents.

It's really a pretty cool stadium and a great place to tailgate if you can get close to the stadium. We always tailgate in the lot adjacent to the Pro Shop, about 5 rows from the gate near the end zone.

It's worth the trip. We usually hit one of 3 restaurants in the North End of Boston (Giacomos, Stregga or Prezza) the night before, make a weekend of it.

_