Mocking the Jets' 2017 Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NCJetsfan, Dec 14, 2016.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting these. Interesting, and the ankle may be a concern, but I noticed that both the 1st and 3rd articles above are identical. It looks like Draftwire just picked up the article by Sikkema from USA Today.

2. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

like i said, he cited an anonymous source ... i doubt that scout has intimate knowledge of lsu's infirmary. he's more likely trying to cause the young mans stock to drop

i also said the ankle could be an issue, and we'll see if it is at the combine

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Well as long as you are saying it could be an issue, which is what I said.... we shall see come combine time, but he does have wear and tear.

Yeah the same SEC Reporter reported it, he specialized in injuries, seems to have a decent reputation.

4. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

i had a severe high ankle sprain this past year (it was so swollen that the doctor was positive that it was broken before the xray). i didnt wear my boot long enough for it to fully heal and i kept re-injuring it during athletic activities ... after about a month of that i said screw this, i just have to bite the bullet and let this thing heal. i did, and i havent had a single issue since

turf toe, on the other hand, feels like it will never heal

5. I had the chance to hone in on Cook's movements in person...against BC 2015. His movements are fluid and fantastic. He just has sort of an odd build & goes out of his way to try to punish on coming tacklers. He made big game winning plays every single week..he was tough & dynamic the whole way through.

I will not argue that Fournette is the better prospect b/c of his size & explosiveness..but Cook is very close to that same level & does offer a couple benefits over Fournette. Cook doesn't take on quite as much contact & also has the benefit of no current known health problems. From a health & durability perspective..Cook wins.

I think they're both rare backs. I do not believe that RBs are worth any 1st round selection unless they are truly exceptional.Both these guy are no brainer top 10 types.

6. jetfan59

jetfan59 Well-Known Member

I don't think people realize how simple of an offense Les Miles ran at LSU. During the 2015 season, Dupre was the team's leading receiver with 43 receptons, Dural was 2nd with 28 receptions, and Fournette was 3rd on the team with 19 receptions.

7. QBorbust

QBorbust New Member

Cook has had 2 shoulder surgeries.

8. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

1. Maybe you and Hooker should get a room. 2. The 3rd round grade was someone else not me, I just found it. 3. Gilchrist was good enough in 2015/ 4. Since you stated it twice like Trump thinking no one heard it the first time I'll say it again, we don't need no stinking Hooker in the first round. Let someone else make that stupid pick.

James Hasty likes this.
  9. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Agree. There's a common notion these days that no running back should be drafted in the first round. However, when you have a RB who's a threat to score from anywhere on the field, defenses have to take that into account and try to contain him. That means having more defenders playing the run, which should open the passing game. Any player who keeps a defensive coordinator up at night trying to figure ways to stop him deserves to be drafted in the first round.