Mock Presidential Election: Stein vs. Johnson vs. Clinton vs. Trump

Discussion in 'Election 2016' started by The Waterboy, Aug 19, 2016.

?

Who would you vote for in this scenario?

1. Johnson

10 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. Stein

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  3. Clinton

11 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. Trump

11 vote(s)
    32.4%
  5. Other

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Cash:
    $53,722
    I thought it might be interesting to add the other candidates to the poll.

2. FJF

FJF Well-Known Member

Cash:
    $11,602
    No brainer

3. The Waterboy

Cash:
    $53,722
    Hopefully more people actually research the candidates instead of voting for the "lesser of 2 evils". At least a decent size group here seem to be doing their research but if I look at Facebook it is scary how out of touch people are.
    And of course by "doing their research" I don't just mean those who are voting like me. I just hope that people actually put some thought into their vote.

FJF likes this.
  4. afternoondelight

afternoondelight Member

Cash:
    $1,000
    its crazy how out of touch people are...

5. The Waterboy

Cash:
    $53,722
    I'll admit, many years back in my 20's, I didn't give it much thought either. We can only hope that this time around saner heads prevail.

afternoondelight likes this.
  6. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Cash:
    $1,030
    Who wants Woody Johnson as president?

NYJalltheway likes this.
  7. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Cash:
    $1,000
    The people saying Johnson need to get a reality check.
    I would love for my son's Pop Warner team to win the Superbowl, but it is not going to happen - so no use dreaming about it.

If you really want to see the political system altered or changed to make it possible for a new party with a realistic chance to emerge, like him or not Trump needs to win.
    Trump is not really a republican and the party will implode if he wins.
    If Trump loses, the conservative base of the party will scream I told you so, blah, blah, blah and it will be back to business as usual.

I said this back during the primaries that once it got down to Trump, Kasich and Cruz that the best scenario for the future of the current, as is Republican party is for Trump to get the nomination and lose the election.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

NotSatoshiNakamoto Rookie

Cash:
    $6,200
    If Johnson isn't on the debate stage, I agree he has no chance. But if he is, it could be a game changer. I don't think he ended up getting enough in the polls to get on stage, but I haven't heard anything definitive.

9. evojoe67

evojoe67 Well-Known Member

Cash:
    $1,000
    Trump is our only hope of turning this country around.

Hillary is a known commodity, it's just more of the same Obama policies.

10. The Waterboy

Cash:
    $53,722
    In a recent ABC poll, 35% said they would vote for a 3rd party candidate . With the sad state of current Rep. and Dem. choices it is not that far out there to think that if Johnson got into the debates, he could have a shot to at least send the vote to the House of Representatives. Hell, if he wins New Mexico, Nevada and Colorado that could be enough.

I think the whole, "you need Trump to win if you want a 3rd party", is ridiculous. Only thing I can see happening there is the Reps. start a new party and what is left of the Trump party just withers away.

11. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Cash:
    $1,000
    Don't kid yourself - 35% are not going to vote third party and as liked as he may be in NM, Johnson wouldn't win a single state.

12. The Waterboy

Cash:
    $53,722
    If he gets in the debates we can discuss further. If the RNC and DNC keeps him out of the debates then it will just be another 4 years of nothing getting done except politicians from the big 2 lining their pockets.

FJF likes this.
  13. Yisman

Yisman Newbie Moderator

Cash:
    $15,043
    Easily Johnson.

14. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Cash:
    $1,122
    Debate stage or not, he will get zero electoral votes anyway. If you want a 3rd party to have any chance, it has to start from the bottom, not from the very top.

15. ScottishJet

ScottishJet New Member

Cash:
    $1,000
    I'm not american and I don't have a vote but personally I think this is exactly what will happen. Being involved in Politics in Scotland this is what gave us (The SNP) a sore head for years the electorate voting for the 2 Power Parties regardless of candidate or record in government just to stop one or the other getting into power when in reality it didn't make a blind bit of difference. Its changed now and I hope it starts to change in America especially when being presented with the option of Trump or Clinton. I would have loved to have seen Bernie on the ballot paper but if I was american and had a vote i would be tempted to vote for progressive thinker Jill Stein not much hope for her though I would imagine though :) & no doubt many will be glad i don't have a vote haha.

16. xxedge72x

xxedge72x Well-Known Member

Cash:
    $1,000
    The reality is that Johnson and Stein, no matter how unlikely to win, deserve to be on the debate stage for what is intended to be informational sessions for the voting public.

I hope one or both reach 15% of the vote in the general election because it shows that a great disservice was done by not allowing them to put their points of view forward. Ross Perot managed to reach 19% after being allowed to debate, I believe Johnson could do better.

It's true that Johnson has no chance to win this election, but that doesn't make his voice or his supporters any less relevant. There are enough American voting supporters for him, and for Stein, that they too deserve a place where they are currently shut out.

FJF likes this.
  17. The Waterboy

Cash:
    $53,722
    Perot is the reason they changed the rules on debate inclusion. Perot who was polling lower than Johnson currently is, and as you said got 19% of the votes in the '92 election so no way the CPD allows Johnson in, that might actually give millions of people a voice.

In a recent poll, 52% want Johnson included in the debates, many newspapers have called for his inclusion, Mitt Romney, Arnold Schwarzenegger and more have called for his inclusion. If he has no chance to win then they have nothing to be scared about by letting him debate.

Things like this are just another of the myriad of reasons people don't trust the government, because they do nothing in the interest of the people, only things to further themselves.

FJF and xxedge72x like this.