Mock Presidential Election: Clinton vs. Trump

Discussion in 'Election 2016' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Jan 10, 2016.

?

Who would you vote for in this scenario?

1. Clinton

20 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Trump

17 vote(s)
    34.0%
  3. Neither

13 vote(s)
    26.0%
  1. Wilkerson Central

Wilkerson Central Well-Known Member

Cash:
    $1,000
    I feel like Trump is just trying to make a mockery of the republican party. If he actually somehow wins the primary it will make the republican party a complete circus, he just panders to extreme fears. Read some of the nonsense this guy spews. He sounds like he's making it up as he goes along. I hate Clinton too, but seriously, Trump? Do people have no standards at all, that they'll just elect some celebrity business man with a spray on tan, because he's a good actor? Trump getting the nomination is pretty much a guaranteed loss for the republicans even if Ted Cruz were to suddenly run democrat.

2. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Cash:
    $1,000
    He even admitted that what you see is not what you'll get if he's elected and yet people are still on his bandwagon.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Cash:
    $3,917
    Voting, should be done like paying with a credit card.

You make your choices, you get 2 receipts which you sign, like the book. One goes i to a lock box, the other you keep, just in case.

Those machines better tally with the paper.

No reason voting is less secure than eating dinner at fucking McDonalds.

4. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

Cash:
    $500
    Would vote for Billary and I don't even like her. Just can't stand that bad haircut faggot who wants to be buddy buddy with Putler is all.

5. Wilkerson Central

Cash:
    $1,000
    IMO they need to implement an online voting system already. Guaranteed the reason most people don't vote is because they have to leave their house, wait on line, and the whole process is annoying. If I can do my taxes online without having to sign a thing and can authorize payments and manage my bank account, then surely they could have a secure system like this connected to people's SSN & Driver's license (or photo ID) for voting. Paper isn't the important part, it's about having another copy of your vote on record that can be viewed and verified if need be. We have so much technology available to do these things, yet the government refuses to get with the times. I don't trust anybody that is afraid to implement technology that would add accountability to the system.

6. DHarris52

DHarris52 Member

Where the truck's a Ford and the tractor's green.
    Cash:
    $2,452
    Miniscule sample size, but interesting that Trump outpaces Hillary by almost a 2:1 margin.

7. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Cash:
    $1,200
    "Republicans pandering to the publics fear since 1960"

I don't feel like copying and pasting examples for the next 184 hours straight but cmon. The only thing Trump is doing different is he is being more direct about it and he's doing it better.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

NotSatoshiNakamoto Rookie

Cash:
    $500
    I reopened the poll since this seems to be where we're headed.

9. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

Cash:
    $1,000
    You think we can sink any lower??

10. jilozzo

Cash:
    $1,000
    Hmmm......the gov't couldn't effectively set up a healthcare website and u would trust them with a presidential vote. Forget it. And the security headache. Oy.
    And if it ever came to fruition they would probably contract an indian or Chinese software firm..... oh the irony in that.

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

NotSatoshiNakamoto Rookie

Cash:
    $500
    they could use blockchain technology with multifactor authentication. easy peasy.

there should be a law against hiring foreign companies for large scale government projects.

12. Wilkerson Central

Cash:
    $1,000
    Couldn't agree more about foreign companies doing any government projects, let alone those that involve national security. I think that the system would be much better with public voting. I know some folks are nervous about having their vote history available to the public, but that is the same standard that we hold congress to when they vote on issues. It should be the same way for elections.

It doesn't even have to be available to the entire public. Just make it available to the security company that is responsible for the database, with the option for a full verification via congress if need be. This way if a questionable outcome happens, we can check every vote with every person and make sure they are being counted correctly. I saw too many instances in the last election were certain counties had public votes and ended up not counting the way the public record showed, but nothing was done about it. And for the love of god, get rid of the electoral college already. It makes it so votes are only important in swing states, so candidates as a result only care about pandering to them instead of the entire country.

It's time to get with the times.

13. FlaJet

FlaJet Well-Known Member

Cash:
    $1,000
  14. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Cash:
    $1,000
    True.
    Also the democrats argue that showing an ID is discriminatory to blacks. Well wouldn't requiring the voters to have to have a computer and online access then be discriminatory to the socioeconomically disadvantaged, or does that only count when it affects the ability to commit voter fraud.

15. afternoondelight

afternoondelight Member

Cash:
    $1,000
    i think you should have to take a short quiz like www.isidewith.com in order to vote. The amount of people that just vote for people based on there party and not knowing there actual issues is alarming.

what ever you get on the quiz is who you vote for

16. jilozzo

Cash:
    $1,000
    Its BS. Everyone should have an id to vote. Bar none. The folks the dems are worried about all have freakin cell phones and all sorts of electronic devices, they should be able to produce id to vote....just another screwball argument by the asswipes in DC.

But hey, power in numbers and thats how these crooks get into and remain in office.

17. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Cash:
    $1,030
    This should be Trump's new election song: