Miracle happened, Bosa and Allen are both on the board...

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Mar 15, 2019.

?

Bosa or Allen?

1. Nick Bosa

63.6%
  2. Josh Allen

36.4%
  1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

If both of them fall, it pretty much guarantees the Jets draft Quinnen Williams.

2. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

BREAKING: The 49'er fan sites -- many plugged into folks at the 49'ers HQ (I've read them for 10+ years, they have good sources) -- are now speculating that the team is leaning MORE to Q. Williams than Bosa.

They are NOT saying Williams is in the lead. They were blown away by Williams combine numbers and they think Bosa is the "safer" pick but QW has more upside once he learns the position more (only 1 year starting in college).

The 49'ers have no reason to send out disinformation since it's almost assured that the #1 overall is going to be Murray.

The Jets chances of getting Bosa are increasing (but it's NOT a lock, as per Bart Scott).

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I almost always agree with NC but here ...and excuse the pun...give the edge to Bosa

If he makes it to us..let's hope he doesn't start some signing drama like his brother

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That's fine. It's just one man's opinion. No one said that we had to agree.

It's not a matter of knocking his ability to learn, but if he's pretty much learned solid technique and moves, then what does he have left to learn except his team's D?

5. Samuscdarnoldfollower

That's with less talented teamates than other SEC teams around him...

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. Ohnoit'sGeno

Ohnoit'sGeno Active Member

The Raiders aren't taken a Qb at four. All the moves they made in Fa say they are building around Carr. They addressed offense heavily in Fa, and you can expect them to go defense heavy in the draft.
    You can expect them to take the best pass rushing De on their board. Even though they are pretty deep at DT, wouldn't surprise me if they took Q Williams if he was still on the board when they pick at 4.

7. Ohnoit'sGeno

Not necessarily . Yes pass rushing De is the Raiders number 1 need, and most likely there pick at four. The question is would Josh Allen be there choice. J Allen seems to be a better fit in 3-4 defense, than a 4-3 defense. I don't know if the Raiders would take Josh Allen if he made it to 4.

8. Ohnoit'sGeno

You wouldn't put Nick Bosa on the defense line, he would be playing Olb in 3-4 defense. Gregg Williams would not pass on N Bosa if he was on board when the Jets pick at three.

9. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

He’s going to have to learn to be a 7 or 6 technique player in the NFL. That’s a handful!

10. JetsKickAss

I am not sure if the 49'ers getting Dee Ford increases or decreases the SanFran likelihood of drafting Bosa. Solomon Thomas has been a near-bust so I am not sure they aren't leaning a bit more or overall to QWilliams.

I hope I'm wrong if we get him -- don't care if the 49'ers get him -- but the rise and talk of the specs of QWilliams is beginning to remind me of 2003 and DeWayne Robertson.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Bosa and Allen are both on the board at 3?

To a Jet's fan the answer is obvious: Quinnen Williams.

chandler and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Br4d likes this.
  13. JetsKickAss

Since there is about 0.01% chance that Murray and Haskins go 1-2, there's NO WAY that QW and Bosa are both there at 3.

Only one of them will be.

I'm getting more positive on Williams -- but I am afraid the track record is being eclipsed by the famous "Late Surge" and combine stuff. So I'm not sure I trust myself and I'm not sure I trust the Jets.

We've seen it before -- DeWayne Robertson, Vernon Ghoulston -- and a friend of mine who worked in Jets scouting for many years told me it's why they got fooled and took Johnny "Lam" Jones back in 1980 (once the doctors KO'd Munoz).

Br4d likes this.
  14. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

You got a source on that? Murray almost certain to go #1? I haven't heard anything confirming such. I hope it's true but it seems highly speculative.

15. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Might I politely suggest that there isn't a soul here who knows whether Bosa is better than Allen or Allen is better than Bosa or which of the two will be a better pro.

We're all just guessing so please don't tell an Allen fan or a Bosa fan that they don't know what they are talking about.

Nobody does.

All just opinions, some more "educated" than others and even then that education is based on imperfect information.

Brook! and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I think it's safe to say that one has fewer pas rushing moves than the other now.

17. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Pass rushing moves that may or may not translate to the NFL.

All I'm saying. There is no right or wrong in this equation.

18. themorey

themorey Well-Known Member

You're wrong. :)

chandler and Sam Hammer like this.
  19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Is Quinnen Williams off the board in this scenario? That is what makes things tough. I think Bosa fits with the 49ers, so a likely #1 pick of Murray and #2 pick of Bosa makes sense to me. Then the true question would be Quinnen Williams or Josh Allen? Tough pick. Jets fans would say Allen, but Mac would probably take Williams.

Back to the original question, I would go Bosa, but scheme fit matters most. If Gregg Williams thinks Josh Allen fits better, I would not lose my mind picking him over Bosa. Both are great value at #3 overall.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

That is safe to say, but really doesn't mean anything. It just means that one has more pass rushing moves now. By the time TC is over, they could be equal in moves and hand usage. I would suggest that having greater production against a higher level of competition without good hand usage and only a couple of pass rushing moves is a greater indicator of success in the NFL than one coming out of college with more pass rushing moves and/or greater hand usage.