Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, May 4, 2009.

?

Which is it...

1. Fatcessa is a Jealous bitch.

55.3%
  2. Woody is definitely PSL whoring the QB around town.

7.6%
  3. Actually BOTH are right on.

28.0%
  4. Paranoid Android

9.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

#41 WhiteShoeWillis, May 4, 2009
    Last edited: May 4, 2009
  2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Was going to bash sec for making claims then openly saying he has absolutely no info in Sanchez, but all you guys took care of that quite nicely...

What they said.

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Wow, this is actually closer with the "Both" that I thought.
    I figured the "Fatcessa" would run away with...scratch that, Roll away with it.
    Interesting...

oh, and good to see a few Raiohead fans in here...:up:

That said, 2 posts really stick out to me.
    Absolutely true, and I'd also love to see how Fatcessa reacted to Eli.
    Ain't that the troof!!

I was anti-Favre for a few years prior and when he came I was upset.
    Add to that how he got treated like a king of NY!? Ugggh

Makes you think this whole thing is just a psl....hey, wait a minute! lol

4. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

The worst is someone calls in to argue with him, clearly catches him on a point, and then he changes his stance or his statement so that what he said isn't proven wrong. I can't cite any specific examples right now, but next time it happens (as it happens almost daily), I'll post it in this thread.

Oh and the other thing that irks me are his double-standards for the Giants/Yankees and Jets/Mets.

And finally, how all he ever wants to discuss is baseball.

5. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

ummm last year?

6. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Hahaha...doesn't get any better than this...The guy has an opinion because people like Francessa (what a girly name!) doesn't like Sanchez.

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

post of the day right here

8. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Are we talking about Mike Francesa?

9. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

While he was drafted for his upside i cant get over the PSL stunt of last year.

So its a bit of both i guess.
    Love the idea of Sanchez succeeding. But i also know how big he has been in the media. Something the Jets need to pay for that new stadium that i will likely never step foot in.

10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i choose both. francessa is an obnoxious man. who can never admit he was wrong and will just get loud and yell and cut the guy on the other end off.

now all of you are alot like him at this point.

its amazing how well woodrow is playing you. whether sanchez turns out to be great or a bust doesnt matter in this situation. the fact they traded up like they did for the "franchise" qb is ALL about the psls. of course woody wants him to play this year and have success. then all of you will be all over the seats he isnt going to sell at this point.

as much of a douche as woody is i cant blame him for trying. well i can but i wont at this point. he is playing many jets fans like a clarinet

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Even with his limited resume, it's hard to ignore the near-universal praise Sanchez receives everywhere you turn. I'm skeptical because it's the Jets and I know so little about him, but with what little I do know about him I find it impossible to write this off as a PSL move. This team has not addressed the most important piece of the puzzle seriously for a long time, and you don't sell PSLs without wins, so while I think Woody's ultimate goal is to sell those licenses, the only way he's going to do it is with the success of the team.

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Because the Jets drafted him that's why We turn gold to shit. He will look great early, tear a hamstring and never catch up. The next year, he will tear his knee playing basketball and that's that. NEXT!!!

13. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I can not believe what a Jet cheering section this has become. Most of you guys have barely seen him if any , hell he's only played 16 games, and god forbid anyone says something negative. No wonder people laugh at me when I tell them I am a Jet fan. Its not the team they laugh at, its the arrogant, no it all, people that take the Jet kool aid every off season. You guys are the same people that tout our coach as the next great head coach. Sorry, been there, done that. Wait and see for me. Hey, I hope I am wrong on both but I am taking the glass is 1/2 empty after all these years. Champ, you need to step back buddy, the 60's are over.

14. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Wait and see? You've already declared him a bust.

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I'm neither for or against. I don't live anywhere near close enough to get tickets. I watch the Jets on TV every week.

The NFL is a bussiness first. Royal Tee acts like every football move is a PSL decision and to a point he is correct. Its been proven time and time again, in all professional sports, the best way to sell tickets is to win Games. A Novelty act will wear thin quickly. A team the wins year in and year out will not have attendance problems. You just don't see anyone moaning about it in the UDFA thread because its not as much of an attention grabber.

I think the Jets and Giants over reached on thier PSL pricing and could not have entered the market to sell them at a worse time. It will be interesting to see if they are all gone by the time the season rolls around. It sucks for the average fan, but thats life. The NFL is about making people money. No matter how much we love the game or our team that has always been and will always be the case. To think anything else if fooling yourself. So in essence, every move that makes the Jets better is about selling tickests or PSL's. Crying about it over and over will not change anything.

16. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I tell people in Dallas Im a Jets fan and nobody laughs at me. I really don't have an opinion on Sanchez but im not going to be pessimistic about it.

And how can u say "Most of you guys have barely seen him if any"? Are u the labor union now representing everyone on TGG? Matt Cassel didn't play at all in college and is actually considered a very decent QB after just 15 starts.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

They aren't laughing at you because you're a Jets fan.

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Good one!!!!

19. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

The thing is several of us have seen a him and loved him going into the draft. He was a top rated prospect comming out of high school. His only starting season, while limited to just those games, was very good. He has great footwork and accuracy. He also seems very adept at reading defenses. Those traits mean more to a QB then a strong arm, but he does have the arm strenth to make all the throws with some zip on them, not the loft of the Chad years.

Yes he is being way too pumped up by the media, but its New York. I would not be supprised to see him starting week one, but not upset if its Clemens. The Bigger deal is we have a potential Franchise QB for the first time in a long time. In Chad's draft year I did not follow the NCAA as much and knew little about him. This is the first time since then we have taken a chance on a big time QB prospect. Sanchez has all the mental and physical tools for the job and the attitude to handle the New York media much more then his cross town rival QB in Eli Manning. Its a good reason to be excited if your a Jets fan.

When the biggest knocks on him comming out of the NCAA is a lack of starting experince it tells you people are having problems finding holes in his game. Thats a good tinmg in my book.

20. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

It's Francesa, actually. Or Franceser, if you want to go by how he says it.

Bad job outta you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.