Mets Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Apr 9, 2012.

1. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Matz should be a little worried. If Wheeler has another impressive outing and when Vargas returns someone gonna be the odd man out. I don’t think they’d go with a 6 man rotation.

2. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

He missed his pitch. It was supposed to be down and in and he missed up and over the plate into Braun's wheel house. Btw, I hate Braun :mad:

The previous HR Matz had a favorable count and he threw a lollipop up over the middle of the plate. That pitch should have been out of the strike zone hard and high. The hitter was set up for that pitch. But once again Matz did not execute the pitch properly.
    They were mistakes by Matz that got hit.

3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Dancing through raindrops, but the Mets are still up a run going to the bottom of the 8th.

4. statjeff22

Put it in the books! Familia dominant in the ninth and it's nine in a row and 11-1 overall.

Callaway is wondering what the big deal is about managing anyway.

5. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Agreed, I was hoping they'd execute a trade for Lucroy a couple years back or sign him in free agency this year. He would have been cheap. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise. The Mets may be forced to pursue their options and finally fix the position. I just want a guy that can throw to 2nd and get people out sometimes.

JetBlue likes this.
  6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Saw an article on twitter by one of the beat writers that we spoke to the Marlins about Realmuto. It could very well take Wheeler + Nimmo. Not sure if I would pull the trigger on that one.

7. Walt White

Maybe down the road. One thing about Sandy, he won't let himself be leveraged and he's patient as hell. The two guys we have can play D and that's important. They have a several good pitching prospects and a couple of infielders that could be a factor later on also.
    I really can't blame Sandy for seeing if Plawecki could continue to show more improvement and maybe even take the full time job. At the same time hoping that D'A could flourish in less of a role, while Sandy bolstered the rest of the lineup. Catcher had the potential to be a position of strength while sacrificing some D. Plawecki is still part of the equation if and when Sandy acts down the road.

#7967 Walt White, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  8. statjeff22

No way I would do that - Nimmo looks like he could be a star, and it's way too early to say that Wheeler won't be. Even if they don't end up needing to keep them, if they're any good the Mets could IMO get more than Realmuto for them. Given that he signed a one-year $6.5 million contract with Oakland, not going after Lucroy because of what I would view as ridiculous hopes about d'Arnaud is probably the worst move Alderson did (or didn't) make this winter. As I said earlier, I think it's because he didn't really think the Mets were going to be contenders this year.

There's a very good chance Lucroy will be available pretty cheaply in a month or two, since the A's are going nowhere. Meanwhile, catcher is the position more than any other where hitting is a luxury. If they can scrape out a .700 OPS and competent defense out of the guys they have I think they would be quite satisfied at this point.

JetBlue likes this.
  9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

It’s simply way to early to make a trade that costs us Wheeler.

Red Menace likes this.
  10. NYGalPal

That would be a big no from me.

11. Walt White

Harvey on the hill. Weather went from a beautiful spring day to winter again with yet another effin Noreaster and another week of this shite

12. NYGalPal

Harvey living on his name. Not a better pitcher than Lugo, Gsellman, Vargas right now.

13. Walt White

Ha good luck hitting Thor tomorrow in a noreaster

14. statjeff22

That was about as bad as a scoreless top of the first inning can be. Between all of the foul balls and Flores' error it took 29 pitches for Thor to get through it. Given the weather it's questionable that he'll get through 5 innings.

15. Walt White

Wow, see those assholes Perez and Arcia fake throwing the ball to fans...twice?

Desereve one right in the ass from Noah. A W will suffice

16. statjeff22

Wow, for some reason a couple of the Brewers are as big assholes as Joey Votto, faking tossing a ball to the fans.

And Thor has suddenly locked in, with 7 straight K's on about 40 pitches. Maybe he'll hang around after all.

17. statjeff22

Uh, that's 8 straight K's. He strikes out the side in the 5th and he breaks Tom Terrific's major league record for consecutive strikeouts, which as Gary pointed out also took place on an afternoon in Queens in April. I can tell you that it was definitely warmer that day, since I was there!

18. statjeff22

And there's a single by the same asshole with the ball. Breaks the K streak and also the no-hitter.

19. Walt White

Wow! Great stop by Nido and then a better play by Rosario.

Rosario made a great play last night as well, if I remember correctly, showing tremendous quickness and range

20. statjeff22

Syndergaard gets a break on a called third strike with a runner at third and one out. Nido then shows great defensive skills on a slider in the dirt and Rosario makes a great play to turn a single into the third out.

Defense from the Mets? Who'd a thunk?