Mets Regular Season thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by maynardsmyhero-uk, Apr 9, 2012.

1. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

The guy has done a good job with the Indians pitchers. Who know how much he factors in or just give all the credit to the talent. Him been paired with Terry Francona who one can say is the best manager in baseball? I mean not a bad person to be around to learn from.

I heard Mike say that a player he won't mention said it was the worst clubhouse he's ever been in his life. Which is actually believable. You don't get the impression that everything is copacetic. His presser seemed a little Kumbaya which wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear. Maybe shouldn't draw conclusions being that this was just introduction. I just think this team needs someone a little authoritarian.

2. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Ray Ramirez was fired three weeks ago, the same day Warthen was fired. Given that he thought he had a good shot at the managerial job and didn't get it, I wouldn't be surprised if Long wants to leave too, but he has to get another job to be able to do that.

As far as the new guy goes, who knows. Francona is the master of being both close to his players and getting the best out of them, and obviously Callaway will try to do the same. DeGrom is a pro, so it won't affect him, and Harvey is shot and will be gone soon so it doesn't really matter. The key is that they're going to have to get Syndergaard to shut his mouth, follow instructions, and just pitch. We'll just have to see if it happens.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Shoulda hired this guy:

Walt White likes this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Do you think a hitting coach really has that much of an impact on the outcome? I listen to Francessa a lot and share the same perspective that they do not have much of an impact on the outcome of their hitters.

The Mets were a bad hitting team with a bad lineup. I don't think a good hitting coach could've salvaged that.

Callaway's introduction press conference was a bit cringe worthy with his whole 'caring about players spheal.' But I guess the Mets could use some positivity. Good luck with a cancerous personality like Cespedes.

5. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Yankees fired Joe. He took a young Yankees team within one game of the World Series. That’s kind of cold. lol I’m guessing the Nats/Phillies will probably extend him an offer.

Red Menace likes this.
  6. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Didn't see that coming, he has done a good job with a young team. They are developing well, it's not easy to find a good manager.

He in my opinion is a good manager.

7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I just heard the biggest possible news of the off-season: deGrom cut his hair at the end of the season! There will be an updated bobblehead given out on July 7. How did I miss this?

[​IMG]

8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

hah! no idea how I missed that. Thank god for the Mets, beginning of a new era