Mets @ Phillies, 8/27-30

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by JumboJet, Aug 27, 2007.

1. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

The bullpen wouldn’t be in such a sorry state if Omar Minaya didn’t just GIVE AWAY several promising pitchers. Lindstrom, Bell, Bannister, Owens– those guys could have all helped us. And what did we get in return? A bunch of guys who aren’t even good AAA players: Ben Johnson, Jon Adkins, Ambiorix Burgos, Jason Vargas. Those guys are all AAA roster filler.

The purging of our second-tier pitching talent is coming back to haunt us in a major way.

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That's exactly it... I hate the fact that we gave up Bannister for Burgos. No room in the rotation my ass. When you have somebody with his potential you don't just give it away for shit like Burgos. The Royals must be pissing themselves. They get another quality arm for a guy that won't even be a Septmeber call up.

Another guy you forgot even though he was a free agent was Bradford. He was great out of the pen last year and yet they decided he was expendable. With the exception of Feliciano our pen has been disgusting this year. We went from having the best BP in the NL last year to the joke they have become.

I want to have faith in Willie but we were watching the game in the office (thank you MLBtv) and as soon as they brought in Wagner I said to the guys Philadelphia will come back and win. I wasn't even pissed because I knew with 2 innings to go they were gonna lose. It's ridiculous but I knew it. If they fired Willie tommorow I'd have a hard time finding a reason to be disapointed as much as I wanna believe he is going to get us there reality is he has no clue how to manage a team and it shows how flawed Joe Torre's managerial skills are.

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Fire Willie.

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Its a pennant race now..

5. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

had to bump this too. :lol: