Met Mark Sanchez Tonight

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by JetsKickAss, Aug 31, 2013.

1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Sat next to him at a restaurant....with a gal pal....over-ordered sushi and seemed to have some additional injuries not in the media right now.

Told him I wasn't taking the Jets in my survivor pool until he got healthy...he laughed, and mentioned a few more problems besides the shoulder.

2. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Did you ask him how the sand in his vagina is feeling?

3. Axel3419

Axel3419 Well-Known Member

Which problems did he say, specifically? Did he tell you how long he might be out?

Pro tip: don't take the Jets in your survivor pool at all this year :p

4. JetsKickAss

No, although he said a few interesting things to his lady friend that I will be interested to see how they play out.

I'll tell you this: he doesn't look anywhere near 6'2" and 225. If you asked me I would have said 6' feet maybe, ok maybe 6' 2" is possible, but I would have said 180-190 pounds. Did not look 225 at all, that's linebackerish from when I played football (1970's).

I never take the Jets...when I do, they lose and I'm doubly pissed. I'm more apt to bet AGAINST them and if I lose I'm more happier that they won (I'll do this with a game they are big underdogs against, like NE on the road).

5. JetsKickAss

Some things were said in confidence and others I probably wasn't supposed to hear (his GF talks LOUD !! lol).

But he did say one thing that I think is OK to repeat here and which I really can't make heads or tails out of: he told her he wished he had gotten hurt NEXT week (Week 1 of the regular season).

Any thoughts on what that could have meant ? Just that if he had to get hurt he wished it was in a regular season game instead of a doesn't-count preseason game?

Unless he was complaining about the insurance/out-of-pocket costs, which might not be covered for a preseason game (doesn't sound likely, but he was going on about that with the lady for a few minutes).

6. JetsKickAss

The guy took us to 2 AFC CG's and played OK/Good in the playoffs, gotta give him that.....I agree the last 2 years have been big steps backward.

7. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

so he is sure not playing week 1?

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Are u kidding me with this post? Dump. I don't believe one second of it. What Jet fan would not spill the beans on what he over heard on this loser and would say such stupid dribble? I mean, COME ON MAN!!!!

Some things were said in confidence and others I probably wasn't supposed to hear (his GF talks LOUD !! lol).

But he did say one thing that I think is OK to repeat here and which I really can't make heads or tails out of: he told her he wished he had gotten hurt NEXT week (Week 1 of the regular season).

9. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I kind of believe it. Why should OP lie about something like this?

10. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

if its true its cuz he already knew he was the starter for week 1 sadly :(

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i am really not trying to attack you here... BUT

things were said in confidence, to YOU? how was this confidence determined? im pretty sure if you talked to sancho he knew you were a fan and talked to you as such, if he talked to you in another manner then he is an idiot.

secondly, if they were said to her, he probably shouldnt be talking personal business in a restaurant filled with people, i dont see how anything said there could be expected to be protected.

so in other words, spill the beans or you look like you are full of shit and an attention whore. i really dont want to see you look like either of those things.

12. JetsKickAss

No, he is going for rehab the next few days which I haven't seen in the papers. And he had some medical stuff on other body parts which I haven't seen in the paper, too.

13. JetsKickAss

Because nothing of Earth-shaking importance, my friend.

He was talking with a GF, not his agent or another Jet or Rex Ryan.

Had he been with them, I am sure he would have asked for a secluded booth.

14. JetsKickAss

Could be...kinda makes sense.

I did not hear the names of any Jet player or opponent mentioned all night. In fact, he was talking HS and college football with her. Mark wanted to goto the PS-Syracuse game but I guess his rehab starts (if he wasn't rehabbing, I presume he would have been prepping for Game 1 anyway).

15. JetsKickAss

I spoke to Mark for maybe 45 seconds. He was eating and out with a GF, I am not someone to bother 'celebritites' since I have worked closely with them in the past. I spoke more to his GF about what to order than I did with him.

Again, I have nothing Earth-shattering to report. It was snippets here, snippets there. If I overheard something because his GF talked loud (she did), then I don't think it's fair I post it because I am NOT sure in what context she meant it and again, it was NOT Mark saying it.

The big thing I learned was Mark's shoulder does not appear to be the major impediment to getting back on the field...it's a bunch of little things. That's what he told her and what he told me when I left and told him I hoped his rehab went well.

16. JetsKickAss

Trust me, if I am going to lie about meeting someone it won't be the on-his-way-out (probably) QB for a mediocre team but someone more important like Eli and his 2 SB's.

Or some hot chick.

Or some Rangers from the 1994 Stanley Cut team or maybe some of the Mets current stars like Harvey (my season ticket buddy met him over the Winter -- great guy !) or Wheeler.

I was just surprised to see any Jet in my area since I figured there were comparable restaurants in their area closer to the Jets facility (I figure most live near there).

But maybe Mark or his GF live in my area, there are some nice places though not as many as Bergen County. Maybe Nyack or Clarkstown or something.

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

gotcha thanks for the clarification.

18. JetsKickAss

Well, that additional information about all his little injuries kinda makes sense now given today's developments.

Surprised the beat writers haven't uncovered it....Mark is not being too discrete about it.

19. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised, he looked injured prior to taking the hit that knocked him out of the game. He kept tugging at the front of his chest/shoulder pads.

One thing I'd never take from Sanchez is he's been tough as nails since we drafted him.

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

What do you mean?