melky suspended for failing ped test

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by afternoondelight, Aug 15, 2012.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Congrats baseball, your all star MVP is tainted, the all star game is tainted, homefield advantage in world series is tainted, 2012 tainted.

2. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Agreed.

Athletes just can't dedicate themselves in the off season anymore.

3. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Next time just stick to leche Melk-Man. That juice'll get you every time.

What's the deal with Giants outfielders and PED's?!?!

4. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Just absurd...

5. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

What is refreshing is he admits it..no fake excuses like it was in my girfriend's breast milk or something. He said yeah I took it, sorry.

6. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Oh so it's baseballs fault. I guess the player has no responsibility here.

7. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

finally a Giants outfielder gets suspended for this.

Anyway, Melky could still win the NL batting title if McCutchen slumps down the stretch.

8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

After a certain age, if you don't prefer juice to milk, there's something wrong with you.

9. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

I always loved the Melk man when he was a Yankee.... I hope Cano isn't taking steroids since he's Melky's best bud.

10. CervezaVerde

CervezaVerde Member

Well, without the players, baseball would just be expensive hot dogs in an empty park... :wink:

11. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8...abrera-launched-fake-website-ruse-report-says

1)Not enough mainspace work. Had almost 4,000 mainspace edits, with significant contributions to several articles.

2)"Begging David Shankbone to come back" All I did was sign something saying his contributions were appreciated.

3)Stalking. Evidence was that I edited the same article that the opposer had edited a few days earlier.

4)Calling Betacommand a "deletionist jihadist", edit warring with him, and having some kind of userbox on my page. Obviously I had a controversial userbox at some point because my userpage was oversighted. Yep. All three are lies.

5)Being a "game player". I still have no idea what this means and I do not use myspace or play video games, as that oppose suggested.

6)"It's possible Enigmaman is simply a victim unfortunately caught in the crossfire here- he may well be an already-clueful editor like I say we should find. My problem is, I don't know that. I can't tell how clueful he is, from what I see here. What I can tell is that I see some supports which I think are based on him having gone through the admin-preparation motions. So, I offer my oppose to offset (a tiny bit) those supports."

Need I say more?

7)Being "fatalistic" because I said I didn't think my RfA would pass.

8)"Irpen is one of the most polite users I met in wikipedia."

9)Claims that I didn't understand Hammersoft's argument. Note that it appears this way because Hammersoft later refactored most of his comments, rendering my responses nonsensical.

10)Being coached for adminship.

11)"Zomg dramaz."

12)"trigger happy" or alternatively, "block happy". Zero evidence to support this.

13)Failure to answer Filll's questions. The opposers failed to give me more than 5 hours to answer the questions. I did answer them the day after they were asked.

12. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lmao anybody hear about this website bullshit they tried to concoct?

13. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

This has suddenly gotten a lot more serious. Whenever the federal government gets interested in you it's a problem, and if any federal laws were violated, conspiracy charges are suddenly possible for anyone involved. He's not a citizen - they could even hold deportation over his head. I strongly doubt it will get that far, but his star has dropped about as quickly as could be imagined from the All-Star Game to now.

14. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

Yep shit just got real. He needs to get a lifetime ban for this if he was involved(I think he was). I know people argued with me in another thread about cover ups, but I think when you start trying to avoid punishment by lying or doing something like this the league should lay the hammer down.

Accept the 50 games and move on. Too late now.

15. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I posted in the around the league thread. Moved to this thread.

16. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Remarkable decision by Cabrera to get the union and league to agree that he not be eligible for the batting race. No doubt it is at least partly calculated to make him look good, but it is still a surprising thing to do.

17. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

The Melk Man is a free agent after the year, after all.

Can't believe baseball let him do this. Now, do they put an asterisk by his name? They have to. Then what of other steroid users if something comes out? This could be Pandora's Box.