Mel Kiper Mock 1.0 - January 18, 2018

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Hopefully this means he thinks we are getting cousins.. cousins is a legit top 10 QB and exactly what we need

FJF likes this.
  2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I find it hard to believe that the Browns will take Allen with the first pick. And the Jets need to take an offensive player with their first pick unless an edge rusher is available at 6. I wouldn't mind Williams as the O Line needs improvement.

3. JethroTull

JethroTull 2018 Least Knowledgeable Poster

Believe it. Allen is the most physically gifted QB to come out in a while. I expect him the ace the pre draft process.

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Truth be told ..the NFL doesn't give a rats azz about Mel kipper and his "picks"

And guess what ?!?..GMs don't have fainting spells over combine performance broad jumps and mad 40 yard dashes

IMO they look at FILM and COLLEGE PERFORMANCE against the best teams...WHY? Because you don't need perfection just QBs and players who are as close to NFL ready as can be ..What they are like in game or big game action ..not in a controlled environment such as a Combine

Recent examples: Wentz and Goff

Jets: L Williams stepped in and played right away

Allen is a QB any team can go choke on ..he has NOT played any good competition..Mason Rudolf played against better teams than J Allen

The Browns asked Darnold and Rosen for a date and they both said no way..Josh Allen is their consolation prize..feh

Without a Cousins contract (if he even decides to jump on The Flying Dutchman with Jolly Roger Bowles) this team will trade up for a QB

#44 NYJetsO12, Jan 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  5. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

Completely understand where you're coming from CC. I wouldn't particularly like the pick either.
    However, If the top 5 fell that way, who would you be okay with taking? Baker or who else?
    This is probably worst case scenario for Mac and the FO if it falls like this I would have to think

6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

My first hope would be that they trade up if possible to get Rosen or Barkley, but in all probability that won't happen. Failing that, if Baker is there, absolutely take him. Honestly, if he's there and they pass, I no longer give a shit past that. For the sake of answering your question out of courtesy, I would take the best T or C, or pass rusher available.

JohnnyP123456 likes this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

If the Jets take another CB I will lose my $h#%,,,I don't care which CB is their at # 6 ---- my picks would be best QB on the board ( but I don't trust Mac to take the right one ) if they signed Cousins or another Qb / the thought of Alex Smith has me puking ,,,,,,,,,I would go Left Tackle or the LB /edge rusher that we have needed since Abraham,,,,,NOT CB !!!!!!!!

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

I’m in the minority, but would welcome a draft that fell that way. Rosen + Mayfield are the only 2 QBs I want in early rd. 1 at this point of the draft process.

If Mayfield is good enough to be selected 13 as per Kiper, then you have to think a Qb starved team like the Jets takes him at 6....

This would be like passing on Watson/Mahomes last year.

9. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

If Chubb is there I would take him over Williams.

10. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

"Then again he picked me ahead of Peyton too, just sayin!!"

- Ryan D Leaf (@RyanDLeaf) January 18, 2018

FJF likes this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I'd be so pissed