Mehta: Scouts ‘shocked’ to see out of shape Wilkerson at Temple’s Pro Day

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by PulseJet, Mar 16, 2017.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I think it ends with Mo eating Manish.

Jetsfansince95 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

BrowningNagle likes this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Only if you're feeble-minded enough to believe Manish.

4. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I expect a bounce back season from Mo, this garbage can only motivate him.

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Yea lets completley forget the fact that he dissapeared for 16 games last season...He was a nonfactor.He has always to me been overrated to a degree.He didnt deserve a big contract his production is so inconsistent every year.

tomdeb and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

If I keep liking your posts and then make a serious comment that MO AND REVIS WERE WAY OVERPAID I will make book that someone like Alleycat or other members of TGG will say I am just complaining about the poor pro athletes "just trying to get the best deal for themselves" and "no one cares about them when they are done"

Getting out the Violins...

tomdeb likes this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

ya know what? I love reading the Post and the Daily News online

When I got the time I read what Costello Lupica Manish Vaccaro all have to say

Sure reporters love to pump things up

But even M Mehta DOESNT get it wrong ALL the time

SMH

8. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

It isn't hard to believe, it also is one of those puff pieces that is easy to write after someone had a bad season. You get people to believe your side of the story because their play fell off, and you saying someone looks like a slob indicates that they no longer care about their profession.

I will make a prediction that Wilkerson will have a much better season in 2017.

To me, and its been like this for awhile but Manish has been writing defamatory pieces about certain players for awhile. I would be much more inclined to believe Costello who pretty much said if you don't talk to Manish in the locker room he ends up writing damaging pieces on you.

That to me is not journalism.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Not all the time, no. He's a speculator and like with any guessing even the blind squirrel....
    The amazing part is that his incorrect-to-correct guess ratio is about 9:1! You'd expect it to be 50/50, but his "knowledge" interferes so badly he sucks even at guessing!

Interestingly, if Manish could reverse himself and apply it to throwing the ball, the Jets would get a cheap 90% completion QB. So the opposite of Mehta (tall, strong, able to throw the ball, and accurate) would lead NYJ to VLT :mad:

But since he is not, he is a worthless piece of insecure, vindictive, weasely human garbage.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

At this point after so many years on the job, if you are choosing to believe something by Manish then you're just one of those SOJFs that isn't happy unless they have something to be unhappy about. I feel like I say that often but unfortunately it applies to a lot of people on this website.

Is he always wrong? No. But it couldnt be any more obvious that 90% of his garbage is agenda driven. He's willing to argue against fact to try and defame player that doesn't give him any access.

RuJFan likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I thought mehta covered buffalo now..... that's where he's been the last 2 years anyway

12. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I hope he plays better this year (doubtful), but I thought his blaming the medical staff at season's end for the fact he stunk last year was disgraceful and hypocritical.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I'm guessing you didn't fully read the atricle. if you did you wpuld have seen where he said "we" as in him and the training staff didn't handle it well and it was the first time he had been injured and did not handle it correctly. only the headline said mo blamed the staff. there was nothing hypocritical or inflammatory about that story.

Walt White likes this.
  14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

He attacked Geno and now Mo...such a hack journalist.

15. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

And Revis and Hackenburg

Mogriffjr likes this.
  16. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I suppose him missing team meetings (and then getting benched for that) was also the fault of the medical staff too? Whether he took partial responsibility or not for his poor play (and my recollection was he took little), I have read very few other articles where a player fresh off a mega-contract who sucked all year wholly or partially deflected the blame to the medical staff. I have seen several who blame it on an injury, but seldom blame it on those trying to help a player overcome an injury (except Mo). Sorry, I was not impressed by him last year, as he appears to suffer from "Revis syndrome," (sign mega deal for guaranteed money and then coast). I hope he rededicates himself this year even though he is not playing for a new contract. Maybe he was still injured last year, I don't know, but his only "decent" game last year IMO was against the lowly 49ers, and that is not much for your $86M man. I was concerned about even the allegation that he is really out of shape now--it fits with his play after signing that big (and probably his last) contract with the jets. Hope it was just a rumor.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's harder coming off an injury but yeah like anyone players can be lazy and not drop the weight.
    There aren't many guys like curtis martin who worked his tail off every off season for 10 years and was always in tip top shape

Footballgod214 likes this.
  18. Vlodato

Vlodato Member

how are you guys defending mo? i dont care how "talented" you are. i would never stand for the laziness, carelessness, and shit attitude mo has. hes just another ignorant player that could care less about the team or anything else for that matter. An organization like the Patriots would NEVER support a player like this and this is why we are the JETS and they are the PATRIOTS. I rather have a team of no talent players that gives 110% every game then a bunch of talented players who dont show up to practice or give a shit about anything besides their over inflated egos. Seen some Instagram picture "my son luv dinosaurs"... really? are you 12 or are you just illiterate? call me harsh i dont care. we need discipline more then any team in any professional sport. Dude comes to get his cellphone fixed and begs for discounts like a bum, ill give you a discount when you record more then 5 sacks in a season.

tomdeb and NYJetsO12 like this.
  19. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Jerry Rice was another guy who gave to 365 days to conditioning. I recall a story that had Rice going home for Easter Dinner and part way through dinner he left. When they found him he was running stairs at a local stadium.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

who gives a shit if a guy is out of shape in march? you fucking people do not own him, he is free to do as he pleases on his own time and if being fat is what he decides to do thats up to him.

and manish needs to go fuck himself too. get a life bro, you are there for a reason, do what you are supposed to do and stop putting stuff out there for people with nothing better to do than care about what other guys do to latch onto.