McKenzie & Diehl both were WORSE then Hunter last year

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by davecrazy, Aug 21, 2012.

1. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/02/20/2011-pass-blocking-efficiency-offensive-tackles/

(1– ((Sacks + (0.75*(Hits + Hurries))/ Pass Blocking Snaps))*100 = PBE Rating

Code:
    2011 Pass Blocking Efficiency, Offensive Tackles, Bottom 20
    #	Name	       Team Pass Block SnapsTotal Pressure AllowedPBE
    56	Jeremy Bridges	ARZ	319	26	93.3
    57	Sean Locklear	WAS	205	17	93.3
    58	Jeromey Clary	SD	621	56	93.0
    59	J'Marcus Webb	CHI	549	48	92.9
    60	Levi Brown	ARZ	620	56	92.8
    61	Wayne Hunter	NYJ	604	54	92.8
    62	Barry RichardsonKC	552	50	92.8
    63	Kareem McKenzie	NYG	626	59	92.7
    64	Jammal Brown	WAS	463	43	92.5
    65	Rodger Saffold	SL	359	32	92.5
    66	Jeremy TruebloodTB	596	59	92.4
    67	Brandon Keith	ARZ	321	31	92.4
    68	Marc Colombo	MIA	543	53	92.3
    69	Marshall NewhouseGB	544	54	92.2
    70	Jonathan Scott	PIT	203	20	91.9
    71	Guy Whimper	JAX	472	48	91.6
    72	James Carpenter	SEA	311	33	91.6
    73	Lance Louis	CHI	347	38	91.2
    74	Sam Baker	ATL	242	28	90.9
    75	David Diehl	NYG	246	30	90.4

Amazing how the Giants were able to win the superbowl while getting WORSE play out of their tackles, especially Diehl who started every playoff game at left tackle and was an absolute turnstile.

I guess it helps when you have a elite quarterback who can react to pressure and find an open man down field before he's forced to eat it.

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

The Giants went 9-7 in the regular season last year. They got hot at the right time and have a really good defense in addition to a QB who can play at an elite level. They went 9-7 still, one game better than us. One 99 yard play different than us. Not too surprising considreing their front 4 on defense is better and their QB is better

3. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

That just proves how great Eli really is

4. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I don't give a crap about other teams problems, I care about my teams problems.

Wayne Hunter is my teams problem, and I want him GONE.

5. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

But what if the focus is on the wrong problem?

[​IMG]

6. joejamfootball

"I guess it helps when you have an elite quarterback who can react to pressure and find an open man down field before he's forced to eat it"

If Sanchez had an open man then I'm guessing he would throw it. I have to admitt it could be a combination of 3 things:

1) poor blocking
    2) no open receivers
    3) Sanchez not finding the open receiver or not having enough confidence in himself to throw the god damm ball.

7. Bill Belidouche

This confirms everything I've been saying about sanchez all along. He is incapable of making his teammates better , which is exactly what the role of a qb is supposed to be.

I'm not saying hunter is anywhere near good, but Sanchez definitely exacerbates his terribleness.

8. laxin

laxin Active Member

You put Tom Brady in Sanchez’s shoes last Sunday and he looks completely mortal. Im guessing you didnt watch the same game I did? You know, where Hunter just got physically dominated the whole game?

Not sure how Sanchez is supposed to make him better... I mean maybe he could inject him with steroids while he’s sleeping?

9. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Would any of you take McKenzie or Diehl right now over Hunter?

You're damn right you would. /thread.

10. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

Hunter is pretty bad, thats no debate, but other teams (Giants/Packers/Falcons) were getting just as bad play out of their tackles and still had playoff seasons.

Cleveland/Tennessee/Buffalo all got great tackle play but were terrible teams overall, and especially bad to average at quarterback.

11. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Better QB with better WRs. Teams are going to drop back in coverage more against the Giants than against the Jets. There is a few reasons why a terrible RT on the Jets would be more glaring than on the Giants.

12. Bill Belidouche

So would you prefer Mark Sanchez to Peyton Manning? Because I we had the later, manning would put hunter in a position I succeed through his superior ability in reading defenses and making adjustments at the line or scrimmage.

Not getting manning will go down as this organizations biggest failure this offseason.

13. davecrazy

davecrazy Active Member

How would that matter on the way that PFF calculate pressures? Either the tackle gave up a pressure on a passing play or he didn't.

14. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

No. Elite QB's make players better. Not all QB's. All QB's have helped. The better QB's the less the help, but they are still 1/53 players on a team.

Eli didn't make anyone better in his first SB. Brady didn't. Peyton didn't. Big Ben didn't. Their defense made them better and gave them chances and the win.

Look at the next level of QB's past the top 5-6. They all have some big time help. Ryan -> White, Gonzalez, Julio. Flacco-> Ray Rice, Boldin, Torrey Smith. Rivers-> Jackson, Gates, LT, Sproles

When Sanchez had Keller, Braylon, Holmes, LT, 11-5 and 2 playoff wins.

15. laxin

laxin Active Member

Mind games dont make up for Hunter’s complete incompetence as a player. He continually gets manhandled by players smaller than him by 40 pounds or more. Peyton Manning calling out a blitz or rolling protection to a certain side cant make up for the fact that Hunter is physically not capable of blocking an NFL caliber player.

And yes, getting Peyton Manning would’ve solved every hole we have and paying him would’ve be very feasible.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

That's about it - and then there's the small fact that Eli was in his 8th year in the league and not his 3rd. But people will overlook that and forget that Eli didn't look nearly as good in year 3 as he did in year 8. QB's generally take about 5 years to cook.

17. allan1

allan1 Active Member

that was a great job by eli getting that miracle hail mary in green bay...and forcing those two special teams turnovers in san fran, or his brilliant 9 completion day against us. Or making that ball stick to tyrees helmet after your offensive line held ever player in pursuit of you.

bull fucking shit. Eli has made some plays...he's also been obscenely lucky.

18. CertifiedClutch

it helps to have 1 very good WR in nicks and a breakout WR in cruz. jets don't really have much after holmes.

19. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

We don't even have a true number one receiver. Our number 1 receiver is a number 2 on many teams in the league. The fact of the matter is that while Sanchez is probably just an average QB, the guy has no weapons and a terrible line, and he's only in his 4th year. Tanny hasn't done enough to put him in a position to succeed this year.

20. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

That makes no sense for 2 reasons.

1. If your opponent has an effective passing game the LAST thing you want to do is let the opposing QB drop back to pass while not facing any pressure.

2. This chart measures pressures and sacks allowed. It wouldn't matter if the defense rushed 1 and dropped 10, that would still count as a pressure or sack allowed.