McCown

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by K'OB, Dec 31, 2017.

1. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Marginal QB, take a long shot in the draft, spend a bundle on veteran free agents. Sounds like a record I've heard before. No way ths could possibly go wrong. By the way, how many games did SF win before they got Jimmy G?

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Your post was at 10 28 AM yesterday... at 1 PM Cousins took the field against THE GIANTS ..did you see what happened??

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Not sure what that has to do with my post tbh, I don't want McCown back particularly, was just saying that the Jets OC does and probably the players if they voted him MVP.

As for JG how would a 2nd round pick never be anything less than a bargain for him, did the Jets turn down the offer Bellicheat offered us for him ? Oh, that will be a no then, as we all know Bellicheat would never deal us a quality player if he could help it.

#23 K'OB, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  4. NYJetsO12

Jimmie G was there for us to DRAFT a few years ago under GM Idzik and that fool passed on him ..to which Belligenius got him

5. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Morton could be gone now that Gruden is the Raiders next head coach. And I guess if being the team MVP means more than looking at the best QB FA market in years, then we must sign him. Wow, that award must really be special!

And you can't see how Jimmy G is a great example of a competent QB making a (mostly marginal) roster instantly better?

6. K'OB

Can you actually read ?

Go back re-read my post and then come back apologise and we will swiftly move on.

I will give you a clue - you are barking up the wrong tree, taking the wrong fork in the road or plainly you can't see that I actually just agreed with you, go back read again ffs

I have given you a helping hand in the original post.

#26 K'OB, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I say we go for Cousins,Bridgewater,or another veteran.Mcown isn't gonna bring us to the playoffs or win a Superbowl.

8. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Neither is Cousins (and most likely TB, but who knows for sure when he comes back).
    Whoever will still be just a stop gap until we find a real FQB.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Mason Rudolph !

10. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Mac was a bigger fool for passing on this guy.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Cousins I would take, but Alex Smith is marginally better than McCown at least when you look at this year. Smith also had MUCH better weapons around him.

12. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

I’m sure McCown is a nice guy, but I hope he never takes another snap for the Jets.

13. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

I think the Jets don't put out a video like that in the OP if they're planning to go after Cousins or Bridgewater. The team pulled together this year under McCown and did so in the wake of the drama queen-fest that was 2016. What better way to cancel all that out than to publicly embarrass him by going after an outsider and putting the team's chosen leader on the bench?

One huge mistake was waiting so long to get Fitz re-signed (indicating they had no idea what they wanted to do), so I'd guess they're going to sign McCown as soon as they can and avoid the disaster and public humiliation that was July-August 2016 when Fitz turned into Little Miss Bitch-Tits. He wants to come back, where Fitz didn't really care, and the team wants him back. So unless Joe Willie discovers the fountain of youth, they're going to draft a QB. Sorry Bryce, thanks for coming out.

14. NYJetsO12

Plus 1 Million ...posted over and over with Contrails that was a smart move ..of course TGG ignores that and salivates over Getting Defensive players ...result: a D in shambles and a HC and Def Coordinator who suck big time ...congrats ..SOJs and their Fanbase

15. NYJetsO12

Plus 10k

This board will argue till hell freezes over..but we need a FQB...and HE SHOULD BE DRAFTED

Cousins was exposed yesterday ...terrible choice imo

MM better put on his thinking cap and ear plugs when " I love only Vets" Bowles is around ..I think he knows what has to get done

16. K'OB

Out of interest how do you decide on your + multiplyer totals ?

It must be hard to keep it all in check, so you don't use the same one twice on the trot :p

17. NYJetsO12

AHAHAHAHAH

18. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

I'm for bringing McCown back. Not sold on Cousins. Seems like the type of guy who will crumble under pressure.

One thing to think about is Enunwa is going to return next year so you can pair him with Kearse and Robby and there are some decent weapons on offense. Need help on the offensive line. Draft a QB Rd1. Bring back McCown. Petty gone. Hack could be cut before the season starts if he doesn't improve.

xxedge72x likes this.