McCopter joins the Jets (1 year deal)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ConcordeChops, Mar 20, 2017.

1. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

It's possible. One in a million. Lol

#281 playtowinthegame, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  2. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Having a second round pick qb sit in the stands in street clothes for a year is the stupidest thing I ever saw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. NoodleArm

NoodleArm Well-Known Member

McRoflcopter should add some stability to the organization, as well as a serviceable emergency (i.e., break-in-case-of-emergency-holy-shit-the-sky-is-falling) starter. His maturity should help Hack, and would make it almost reasonable for the Jets to take a flyer pick on a talented kid who's got character issues (e.g. Chad Kelly).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

So Lon, outside of Pennington, Obrien, Todd and Namath please help me remember the young Qb's this franchise has successfully developed over the last 55 years? If you say that the those young Qb's mentioned by LIB sucked coming in, why did the Jets draft them in the first place? Still proves this franchise doesn't know how to draft or develop young Qb's.

If you look at all the older Qb's that have passed thru the Jets, almost for all of them except perhaps Farve this was their last stop. Vinny, Fitz and now McCown just to name a few.

Jet history is what it is when it comes to Qb's. Depressing.. I'm sorry, I meant dismal..

#284 Cman68, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    HomeoftheJets and westiedog1 like this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The most depressing part is if Pennington hadn't gotten hurt, he still might be our QB. He's only a year older than Brady.

Cman68 likes this.
  6. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

so after he was drafted and mac said he wouldn't play this year you don't believe that he was redshirted?

RuJFan, Ozymandias and NOVAJET like this.
  7. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Don't listen to what these writers say about Hack. We don't have circus Rex here anymore, so they grasp at straws for any type of story hoping something sticks.

8. playtowinthegame

I believe he (2nd rd pick) showed the coaches he wasn't ready to start one game on a team that was out of the playoff hunt.

9. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There is an argument for this point of view however it's not clear there is a draftable QB for this point of view.

It will be interesting to see what the Jets really think on draft day. All the pro day visits are definitely going to be raising the anxiety level in Cleveland and probably LA and SF also. They may not get to take the BPA on their pick and also get a QB they like in a mid 1st trade up or early 2nd deal. The Browns have the 12 and the 33 and they may well not get the guy they want even in a draft where no QB is seen as worth a mid first round pick.

I like the way the Jets are playing the process out at this point. It will be interesting to see what they really think on draft day. Forcing the Browns to give up the 12 and the 33 for the 6 would be a great way to start the day.

10. playtowinthegame

That would be a good trade for the Jets. Drop 6 spots and pick up the first pick in the 2nd round.

Br4d likes this.
  11. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

if nothing was said about him being red-shirted immediately after the draft i would agree. but when someone says they are going to do something and then they do it? any opinion to the contrary is just hard to buy. in fact the argument can be made that tb/mm showed some real resolve sticking to their plan and not being tempted to throw him in there.
    i don't know if that is true but is more logical then the argument you are making, based on the facts at hand.

Ozymandias likes this.
  12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Moneyball Paul DePodesta wouldn't make that trade for anyone, the 12 and 33 combined are worth way more than the 6.

13. Br4d

Browns were terrible last year. They may not have another 1-15 in them and if they like one of the QB's this year the 12 and the 33 will be dirt cheap to go get him. Most teams trading up for a QB pay multiple 1sts.

14. CraigF1210

CraigF1210 Member

If there was a qb they were that high on they would just take them at 1. The teams trading multiple 1st to move up for a qb don't have the top pick in the draft already and aren't trading to the 6 pick

Its a nice thought but the Browns are stockpiling picks so that they can use them, not trade up and give them to another team

15. Br4d

The #1 pick this year is Garrett. He's the consensus #1. It would take a consensus top 3 QB to get chosen over him and there's nothing approaching that in the draft.

The Fins needed a QB in 2008 but they took LT Jake Long on the #1 and Matt Ryan fell to the Falcons at #3. None of the QB's in this draft are anywhere near the status Ryan had as a 23 year old 3 year starter at BC. Garrett is right where Long was as #1 value.

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Cman,

Yes the Jets' history when it comes to QBs is depressing. In fact, it's depressing in general. That said, just because past GMs, HCs, OCs, and QB Coaches have been awful, doesn't mean that's the case now. I think that's the point that Lon was trying to make. It isn't rational or logical. Unless you think the team is cursed and it doesn't matter whom we hire, that somehow they will screw things up, what past GMs, HCs did has no bearing on what the present ones will do. If you think the team is cursed and that will never change, why follow them and torture yourself? I don't think you're a masochist, and I have a hard time believing that someone as rational and funny as you really think the team is cursed.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

IF and WHEN the present FO/CS demonstrates that they can develop a QB, then I'll believe. Sorry, but looking at how they managed to draft badly and follow that up with mismanaging Qb development, they've shown nothing so far that would make me believe Hack, Petty or any other young Qb stands a chance here. Hell, not only do they draft badly, their QbFA selections have been "dubious" to say the least. Maybe the light will come on one day, but forgive my "show me" attitude on that. The highway is littered with too many discarded young Jet Qb careers for me to take any other outlook.

I don't believe in curses, but I do believe in making your own luck. I am a Jet fan, but I am NOT a Jet Fanatic anymore. Left that years ago in the rear view mirror.

#297 Cman68, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  18. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Watching Joe Namath a football life right now, incidentally Joe was the last QB we developed

19. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

And he was pretty bad.

20. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Junc?

FJF likes this.