McCopter joins the Jets (1 year deal)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ConcordeChops, Mar 20, 2017.

1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I disagree with Greeny 100%. If Hackenberg turns out to be a bust (Way too early to say as I have stated many times on this site), that is one thing. You can't tell after 1 year though. The 2017 draft has ZERO sure-fire franchise QB's. Many draft people don't even consider any of them 1st Round worthy. So why would you bail on a 2nd Round pick from 2016 instantly to spend a high pick on a QB who also could be considered a project and 1-2 years away? Bad draft strategy. Wouldn't mind taking a chance using a 5th-7th round pick on a QB in 2017, but anything before would be a mistake. Too many other holes on the team.

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Greeny is the world's worst "Jet fan". Not only is he pure bad luck to the franchise, I can't remember the last time he said anything relevant that would help the team. Greeny and Joe Benigno, 1 and 2 respectively in worst Jet fans in the world.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Yeah, those two think they speak for Jets fans....GTFO with that.

I don't listen to them anymore, but it sounds like Greenburg is layin' on, setting up, the whoa is me schtick

4. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Johnny Manziel made his debut that day...even threw a touchdown.

The Dark Knight, nicg4360 and Jets69 like this.
  5. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Yep, McCown plays like a Jet!

6. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

7. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

I like this signing.

At the very least and initial point it challenges Petty and Hack to be 'this good or close' if they want to be week 1 starter.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

McCown won 2 of his last 22 games. If Petty and Hack are anything close to that, we'll get the number one pick. Yay!

Cman68 likes this.
  9. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

We're going to suck with or without Josh F'n McCown....Not sure how it's career suicide if we have some other scrub that happens to be inexperienced instead of him. The only chance the Jets are any good next season is if Hack, Petty, or a rookie QB do something unexpected. If McCown is the best we got next season we are in major trouble.....that being the case, what is the point of having him on the team for $6 million? It's just a waste to me but whatever

I'm content with the Jets being a young and terrible team next season so I wouldn't care if we never added a vet QB....I don't want one now, I'm pretty open about that. I'm not a hypocrite at all and would never then criticize the team during the season for something I wanted

Mac's job is to build a contender and ultimately win....So far he hasn't done a good job in that regard. Anyone can strip down a team so lets see how he builds it back up

Our major need as a franchise when he took over was to find a franchise QB and somehow we seem even further now than when he took over

10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Yes like Sanchez ,Mclroy,Tebow,Matt Simms and soon to be Geno..All former Jets backups that did nothing or are out of the league

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Exactly my point! All of the Qb's you named except for Tebow were ruined by the Jets. Quite the body count over the decades when you look at it. Over 50 years and only 4 homegrown Qbs. Jet History is my best witness. The Jets are poison to young Qbs and the last resort for old Qbs on their way out of the league.

#271 Cman68, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  12. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

That has to be the most absurd logic I've ever seen. You are so much more knowledgeable than that Cman.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The last 3 seasons Mcclown has been sacked 8.9% of his dropbacks , the most in the league by far.

luckily we have a great offensive line :rolleyes:

14. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Stugotz is in the camp that believes the signing of McCown is an indicator the Jets will draft another quarterback in the upcoming draft. Where and when will be based on how the Jets have the quarterbacks ranked on thier draft board. Bottom line Jets need to come away from this draft with a face of the franchise.

westiedog1 likes this.
  15. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Someone, I think it was Cimini. Was talking about the Jets interest in Trubisky. Said Petty might be the odd man out and that Hackenberg had an awful rookie year. What the hell is wrong with our writers? He didn't even play at all.

16. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Ryan Leaf, after several seasons, yes........Hackenberg without taking at least one snap in a regular season game, not a chance.

17. playtowinthegame

That's because the Jets coaches saw how awful he was in practice, hence the Jets turned to everyone not named Christian Hackenberg.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. playtowinthegame

He didn't take a snap because the coaches saw how he looked in practice. A 2nd round pick couldn't see the field on a team with horrible production from the quarterback position. That's laughable.

19. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Or maybe he was just red shirted?

BomberJet likes this.
  20. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I support Macs decision on whatever he decides to do with drafting or player FA signings. He and Bowles made the decision to not only draft Hackenberg but to ensure that he be given the proper amount of time to learn the ropes. Only they know when the time will be to throw him into the mix and start the process to know if he's the one to lead the team for years to come.

When will that time be is anyone's guess. My guess is it will most surely be sometime in the 2017 campaign. No, it isn't laughable to see that they wanted to give him some period to sit an observe and learn the system.

What's laughable is that posters here think Mac and the rest of the organization is going to make a snap judgement on a 2nd round pick without at least giving him a chance to play in a regular season game --- more than laughable.... hilarious .:p