Mawae Wants Out & Backs Pennington

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by O'Brien7, Mar 1, 2006.

1. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

I think his primary problem with LI wasn't LI but it was that he had to pay income tax to NY and NJ (since they played in NJ and practiced in NY).

2. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

I never thought about that.But my undertsanding is that you have to live in the state of NY for 30 days or more out of the year to pay state tax. If he lives in NJ and works in NJ (Meadowlands) would that exempt him from NY tax.Alot of people also need to relieve that living in NY or NJ to walk into a house start price is $400,000 which is floor price pretty much. If I came into the NFL and want something nice you would be paying out your ass prob 3-4 million. While if you played in Houston you could buy a palace.

3. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

As I recall we were practicing in NY and playing in NJ when he signed his contract. This was not a surprise (or if it was he needs to fire his agent & accountant). He came..he played..her made his million$$$$$$$$$$$.
    Now he's bitching..take a hike Kevin.
    And take some game films of Ted Washington beating your ass every play with you.

4. TheSkyHadABaby

TheSkyHadABaby New Member

It's sad how quick some Jets fans turn their backs on the players that have embodied the the Jets and the good things they've accomplished. Mawae is one of the best linemen we've ever had and gave his all for this team. Sad that people forget that in less than a year. Sad

5. 28rogerblaze51

28rogerblaze51 New Member

Good luck mawae.. But you should also know kevin that we are over the cap, and asked esteemed veterans to oblige and some did and you didnt, its all good. Its not that we dont want you, its that we cant afford you. So good luck and no hard feelings.

6. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Kiss my ass. I haven't forgotten how well he played. I think it's sad, and selfish that he started whining about Hofstra. I think it was sad when he led the Groh mutiny, when he whined the practices were too hard. I think it was sad when he complained about players contracts not being garanteed, after he pocketed millions of dollars in up front money. I think it's sad that he brings this to the press. I think it's sad that people like you want to molly coddle some of these spoiled, selfish rich kids. I think you are sad.

7. nightowltom

nightowltom New Member

It's just a business decision. Mawae wants more money than the Jets feel he's worth at this stage of his career. Nothing personal.

I've seen lots of guys on this board talking about how cold the Patriots can be toward their players--but they stay under the cap and win by doing business this way.

Mangini is just using the same plan that he's been a part of all these years in NE so Jets fans need to show some patience and wait for the results. After all, who on this board has the slightest idea who the 2006 NY Jets will actually be? There are big changes going on but when you're as old and bad as the Jets were last year, is radical change a bad thing?

8. floridajet

floridajet Member

your retarded eh?

9. floridajet

floridajet Member

do you hate your life?

10. dclark26

dclark26 New Member

Loosing Kevin would be a big blow, but there are going to be some great free agent centers, namely LeCharles Bentley from the Saints. He's younger and is a great player. Maybe it could happen.

11. lightning

lightning Active Member

just to confirm what hydro51 was saying, yes i was talking about chad

12. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Mawae is a phenomenal player. Top center for many years, I'm POSITIVE CMart is bummed about this.