Mawae Wants Out & Backs Pennington

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by O'Brien7, Mar 1, 2006.

1. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

lol im not even gonna front fabini was trash last season. it seem ed like he got beat on every play..

2. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

Ok guys I think we need to start looking at NFL Europe for Lineman next year cause the way this is going we will not be able to afford a new line or find a player worth a damn..I see some prospects on the Barcelona Dragons..

#22 USAFJETSFAN, Mar 1, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2006
  3. NYJets38

NYJets38 New Member

Understood, but still, 3 new starters is 3 new starters. Fabini was a no brainer to cut, but it would be nice to have at least one veteran on the line, when we might be drafting a tackle at #4, and there's a good chance we'll have young players at the other spots.

4. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

we have to draft a center. a guy thats gonna be here for 10 years. in the 2nd roud if we let mawae walk

5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Wasn't Mawae's cap hit $4.5M this year? There's no way the team can stick with that. I don't know if they tried to get him to restructure or not, but these are just the kinds of decisions that have to be made. Other than for cap reasons, I don't think there's a single untouchable guy on this team (well, maybe Vilma).

6. NYJetsMetsCTHuskies

NYJetsMetsCTHuskies Active Member

we win when Pennington is the QB because of his leadership and his ablilty to motivate, i don't think he is that much better the Bollinger or any 2nd/3rd string QB's.

the way he leads this team, we have a chance to win no matter who is on the field. he led this team into the playoffs a few times, and no one(the so called experts) expected the Jets to be that good.

7. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

This really sucks IMO. Mawae was a great player for us, and I still think he can play at a Pro-Bowl Level for at least one or two years. Plus isn't he pretty cheap this year? I heard only 2.5 million or something. I'd rather cut Kendall.

8. WesleyWuzTheMan

WesleyWuzTheMan New Member

If Mawae restructured, I would have considered him untouchable as well. But you are right, we can't pay premium salaries for unknown quantities, and that's what Mawae is right now. With play-based incentives built into a pay cut, he would have been a great presence on the team. I will miss him.

9. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Mawae isn't a poster boy of the Edwards era. Actually it's Parcells.

And I'd rather keep a passionite center like Mawae who loves this team. DO you have any good objections to Mawae staying now?

10. JVilma51

JVilma51 Member

we cant lose mawae we will have no veterans on our o-line

11. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

I feel like this is one of those franchises in Madden where after one season every one just starts hating you and says things like "This is my last year in New York" "My morales pretty down right now" and "I hate this place."

12. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Well, we always have Kendall. (sigh)

13. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

Seeeeeeeeeeeeee yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa and take the over paid Pennington with you.

Dont go away mad just go away.

14. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

I love Mawae ..you can tell him and Pennington def have a history... his hands have been up his ass since he first stepped on the field.. These guys are the guys we think of when we think of the Jets. I do not mind playing harball for the sake of our teams future but hell I see guys saying " LATER " like this guy did not pour his heart and soul on the field for the past 7 years for us..

15. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

Noone said they didnt but injured players and has beens are not going to win us the super bowl.

16. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

It's not an either or thing. Both Mawae and Kendall will be cut.

17. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Benedict Arnold was the best general we fielded against Britian. He could have been the first president. He wouldn't stick his neck out, and went the way he thought was the safest. He failed as a soldier.... and I think Mawae has now failed this franchise. His legacy, as a result, will always be forever tarnished now. Bye Kev. have fun wherever it is you go, but now, just go.

18. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

1 returning offensive lineman well when you think about it it looked we only had 1 playing all year. Adrian Jones the remaining survivor

19. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Mawae has been a great, great player for the Jets, and he may make the HoF. However, there is no doubt that he is on the downside of his career, and because of that, his salary is not justifiable. I have a ton of respect for him and the leadership and honesty he has brought to this team, and I wish him nothing but the best of luck. There simply isn't room on a team with no cap space that is in total rebuilding mode for a guy like him. Hopefully he can sign with a team that is on the brink of the SB and get himself a ring.

20. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

I'm being very hard on Mawae.... and it really started with his LI bashing, which really torqued my jaws. I didn't like the mutiny he lead under Groh, either, but I've been a loyal Jets fan for almost 40 years, and he has to start beitching about Hofstra.... just got me PO'd. Call it honesty if you like, but he now really strikes me as just another self centered NFL rich boy. I now think he's a guy that is all about HIM. Since I've paid part of his multi-million dollar salary, I figure i have a right to beitch too. get lost, Kevin.