Mason Rudolph 2017 Games Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Cman68, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

We want Mason Rudolph now?

Isn't he like younger Bryce Petty? What's the point?

P.S. Had an amazing 97 yard TD pass that went the other way.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

No, we do not want Mason Rudolph. You're right. He's a slightly larger Bryce Petty. We should try to develop Petty or at least give him a shot before we even think about taking a prospect like Rudolph.

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah, I compared him to a better version of Petty. Pass.

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Frankly I wouldn't mind Mason Rudolph. He looks like a day 3 pick at best - which means, unless some moron reaches for him, Jets should be able to grab him after the draft.

5. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I haven't seen him play too much this year, but he continues to have an outstanding season. Seeing that some of the draft gurus are giving him some late day one, early day two grades now. Is he just a system QB and a better Petty or does he have more to his game than Petty did coming out? What would this guy need to do to make him a viable option for the Jets?

6. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

He has a pretty good arm, likes to stay in the pocket but has enough mobility where he can scramble for a first down, usually doesn't come off of his first read which is obviously concerning at the next level - but nowadays college offenses are usually 1-2 read offenses designed to make the simpler.

He keeps his feet moving which is encouraging. Could easily see him going late first round

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Very quick plays the last video, he has the ball in hand and then it is one look and throw, also noted in the 7 minutes I watched he nevers throws the ball cross field to the left once, the closest was a left side throw but to his favourite target that was crossing left to right and he caught it centre field around an 8 yard throw, so not really a cross field pass, all plays very right side centric.

I am not sure he is what we are looking for in a future FQB tbh

8. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Mason Rudolph: 28-54, 448 yds., 5 TDs, 2 Ints; OSU puts up 52 points...

and loses by double digits...

Life in the Big 12.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  9. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Today's final score: Okla. State 49 - Iowa State 42. Against a very scrappy Iowa State (they beat Oklahoma and TCU) Rudolph 25-31, 377 yds, 3 TD's 0 Int. This kid's got all the tools to be a great pro except foot speed, but the way he throws he doesn't need it. OSU ran a lot figuring they could out muscle ISU's undersized D-line. OSU with Rudolph basically just outscores you to death. Their defense is pretty poor.

10. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Mason Rudolph is the most underrated QB that will be in the draft. I rate him top 3 QB and most people don't count him in their top five. I guess we will have to see where he gets drafted and how he does. I would much rather the Jets taking a flier on him at their spot, than trade up for someone else.

matt robinson 17 and westiedog1 like this.
  11. He’s a tough evaluation like all the other big 12 QBs.Ive seen acouple publications actually have him as the #1 QB in the whole class.

It’s getting so it isn’t Darnold or Rosen anymore.All of these QBs have some part of their game that is really attractive..it all comes down to what flavor teams like .Gonna be a wild draft day in 18

12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Or - STAY AWAY FROM QBs IN ROUND 1.

13. 101GangGreen101

If we draft Mason Rudolph in RD 1 or 2, just put your hands on your head and cry.

grkmanga31 likes this.
  14. Ugh..sorry I can’t get behind that.For one it’s become harder & harder to take that approach w success bc any QB who has even the slightest glimmer of being a starter is going 1st-2nd round the latest.

Secondly-Glenn Foley,Chuck Clements,Brooks Bollinger,Kellen Clemens,Greg McElroy,Geno Smith,Tajh Boyd, Erik Ainge,Bryce Petty,Christian Hackenburg,Kevin O’Connell(via trade) & Tim Tebow(via trade)

Is that more than enough failure associated w not using a premium pick to warrant USING a premium pick?Sanchez,Pennington,KOB & Todd( not even including Namath for the sake of this argument) which all cost 1st rounders are all light years better than any of the names above.

We aren’t lucky enough to strike all Time gold on a 6th round QB. At some point we need to recognize this fact. Success associated w the Jets QB position..Vinny aside..has come via first round picks;And it’s not as if the team hasn’t tried adifferent approach...why fight what’s worked(Im using that term loosely)

ColoradoContrails and westiedog1 like this.
  15. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Totally disagree! I've seen Rudolph play a few times this year and IMO he's just a tick below Mayfield who I rank No.1. Not as mobile as Mayfield, but has a distinct height advantage (6'5") and a great arm. I'd be very happy with him as the Jets pick.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yeah, 'cause that worked out so well with Hackenberg.o_O

westiedog1 likes this.
  17. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I would have stayed away from him as well.

18. 101GangGreen101

He's playing right now, you can see why scouts have cooled off on him ... stats aren't everything, though watch those OSU receivers

Red Menace likes this.
  19. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Nice drive. Showed athleticism. He maybe the most safest QB to pick in the draft.

20. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

And just dropped a beauty into the bread basket of his WR going deep running the deep post.