Marshall is "underpaid" at $7.5M? WTF? ...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LarryAlRalph, Jan 18, 2017.

1. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

If I was Mac I'd get the video guys to put together about five straight minutes of all his drops of what should have been easy catches while in a Jets uni, and make him and his agent sit and watch it.

"One of the most compelling storylines this offseason is Brandon Marshall and whether he returns to the New York Jets in 2017. Marshall, for one, doesn't believe his future with the team is tied to his salary."

"People need to get away from me due $7.5 million," the wide receiver said Wednesday morning on WFAN radio's Boomer and Carton Show. "Get away from my salary. That's underpaid. Any team should be happy to have me for $7.5 million."​

Then I'd make him sit and watch about 5 minutes of Fitz's noodle-armed paper planes, and remind him that was the QB he lobbied so hard in favor of.

And then I'd laugh both their asses right the F out of my office.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-j...on-marshall-says-hes-underpaid-at-7-5-million

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

3. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

We sign Tyrod Taylor and pick Mike Williams @6...simple as that.

Bye Bye Brandon

matt robinson 17 and Jets_Grinch like this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He quit about 7.5 games into the season. A million a game? that's Revis territory.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If I was the GM, that would have been the final straw. If I wasn't already shopping him, I would certainly start now.

NYJetsO12 and Freddy Mondo like this.
  6. Jeremy2020

Jeremy2020 Active Member

So he's all about TEAM TEAM TEAM...until it comes to money...

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm gettin' gawd damn sick of his shit.

Did anyone catch his clown act this week on Inside the NFL?

You know..."the one the pros watch".

#8 Acad23, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  9. LarryAlRalph

LarryAlRalph Well-Known Member

Sounds a lot like Revis asking to be shown some o' that respect for him and his team, huh?

Jeremy2020 likes this.
  10. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Brandon doing Brandon stuff. It would be hilarious just once to hear a guy say, "People need to remember I am due $7.5 million. Look away from my salary. That's overpaid. Every team would be pissed as hell to have me for $7.5 million..."

Cman68 likes this.
  11. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Time to cut the cord, Cya.

101GangGreen101 and kevda5n9ne like this.
  12. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

I also think that that Marshall is a locker room turd. We all know that Richardson is a head case, but whatever that feud was between them that "tore the locker room" is way more on Brandon.

First of all he is older, 32 to 26. He is supposed to be a leader. Leaders don't have feuds with individual players to the detriment of the team.

Second, Marshalls mental problems are well documented. I don't buy this crap that he is cured. A leopard doesn't change his spots. He hurts the team with his shitty self centered personality. He's a net negative. There is a reason he keeps bouncing around in the NFL. It's time to move on.

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  13. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

A few weeks ago he said he would play for the Jets for free. Guess that feeling wore off...

14. JCLA

JCLA Active Member

Last year 7.5 was undervalued, this year 7.5 was overvalued - so it just evens out.

15. Toronto's Biggest

Toronto's Biggest Active Member

I don't have an issue with the quote. He's not posturing for a new contract or a raise he's just expressing that he thinks he gives good value for what he's paid.

In 2 seasons he's averaged 84 catches, 1145 yards and 8.5 TDs. That's pretty good value, stats-wise for the contract.

Do I like his off the field and locker room issues? Hell no. Do I agree he mailed it in this year? Absolutely.

Hell, I'd probably even agree they'd be better off using the saved cap space for upgrades elsewhere but statistically, he's earned every dollar on his contract.

Don't agree? Go watch Tavon Austin, Doug Balwdin, Marvin Jones or Allen Hurns and see what 7.5 gets you at WR.

16. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Your right of course. But he just needs to shut up and play better ball.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  17. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, you fuckin' loser....

Jeremy2020 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Perhaps looking at the issue from a statistical average standpoint he has earned his contracts, but looking at it from any other perspective, he hasn't imo. He drops way too many passes and is too accepting of that fact. Some WRs burn with the desire to never drop a pass and work very hard on their hands and focus so they won't. Not Marshall. He just accepts that he's gonna drop 10 passes a season unless he leads the league in dropped passes. Well guess what? He did lead the league in dropped passes this season and we've heard no apologies, no mea culpas. Nor did we hear any for the fact that his dropped passes costs us a win or two.

Then there's the whole leadership thing and his issues with Richardson.

I liked Marshall and don't hold his mental illness against him. I could be wrong, but I don't think his attitude about the dropped passes stems from his mental illness, but rather just a sense of entitlement and thinking he's better than he actually is, which many players and younger people today suffer from.

I want his ass gone ASAP. I think I'd even take a lower pick from the Browns, Chargers or Jaguars than from another team, just to send him to another shitty team and insure that he never makes the playoffs in his career.

19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Borderline Personality full blown: instability in self image and affect....marked impulsivity in his verbalizations/actions

Send to Inpatient Facility until he stabilizes ...if outpatient needs meds checked

This is recommended treatment and not a knock against his condition

20. JCLA

JCLA Active Member

This quote doesn't bother me.

Toronto's Biggest likes this.