Mark Sanchez to Sam Darnold: How to avoid my Jets fate

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by legler82, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

and not take a snap until 2019..

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I think not. He is the #1 reason why Sanchez sucked like he did. His schemes are so god-awfully terrible. Favre told him to shove it up his ass - figuratively anyway, by ignoring his bullshit plays - for a reason. Remember - Sanchez did struggle with inaccuracy even while at USC, but he was STILL above 65% passer. That dipped below 60% once he came to the Jets. Did he have mechanical issues? Hell - Sanchez threw prettier balls as a rookie than Darnold will if he throws next season. It was all in the mental part that broke down. (And T-Bomb detonating, but let's not get into that for now.) I don't know where to place the blame for the kid, other than Brian Schottenheimer for that.

I did take a shot at Bates, but if Brian was half as decent as Bates, maybe we wouldn't even be talking about drafting that franchise QB to begin with.

#42 Zach, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  3. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Because it wasn't Sanchez's attitude or his behavior that caused him to be a failure. It was his lack of on-field ability to make accurate passes consistently, hit running backs on screens, take care of the football, and avoid throwing big interceptions in the red zone. His attitude was fine.