Mark Ingram 2019

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJT73, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

For that one game.

FJF likes this.
  2. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

It’s why going after Golden Tate and a cheaper runningback like Ingram is the best route to take IMO. We should be giving the big contracts to a pass rusher or O-lineman.

stinkyB and NCJetsfan like this.
  3. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Well they are definitely going after pass rushers in fact I wouldn’t be the least surprised if they try to sign two of them.

Bell will be high on their priority list but I’m not sure if the feeling is mutual and the Jets will have to outspend any other team - the Colts are rumored to be interested - to get him onboard.

OL is a different story. All of the top flight OTs who were FA back when training camp began have been re-signed by their teams. The Jets may want to go the interior route and sign a good young center - there were a couple who were still going to be available last time I looked at a list. LT will have to wait for the draft. I also wonder if the Jets keep Spencer Long ( they can cut ties with him this offseason if they choose ) and plug him in at LG his natural position. He has looked much better playing there and obviously there will be an opening as Carpenter will not be re-signed.

FJF likes this.
  4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I think this is exactly the route to take--FA center, LT in the draft and Long to LG. Shell and Winters man the right side of the line.

almbleamal, stinkyB and mrjet80 like this.
  5. mrjet80

Yes i think this combo would work - for now at least . If they’re not able to sign a center then draft one in the third round. McKoy from Texas is a good player ...I’m on the fence with Winters but I think strengthening the left side will make the line as a whole stronger . I do like Shell I think that was a good find by Mac. He may never be an all-pro but you can’t have a pro bowler at every position . Shell is a solid starter at the very least ....

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Ingram running behind this current O-line is JAG

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  7. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Bell just celebrated the Steelers loss. We don't need that here. He is Santonio Holmes 2.0.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Shonn Greene didn't cost us a fortune. He was paid super low. I'd say we got more for our money with him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

9. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

He's not going to do that to the team that pays him. He's just mad because the Steelers tagged him in back to back years and wouldn't give him what he wants in his contract demands. I still say he's too expensive for the Jets to consider, Ingram wouldn't cost nearly as much and he's not too far below Bell in skill.

But either one would be a great asset to Darnold, and he needs weapons.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

In the 2016 season and 2017 season Bell rushed for 1,291 and 1,268.9 rushing tds in 17 and 7 in 2016.He had 85 catches in 2017 for 655 yards and 2 TDs,2016 he had 75 rec for 616 and 2 tds.How is that an exageration? I dont give a shit about his first few seasons but in 2013 he also rushed for 1,361 and 8 TDs he also had 854 reciving yards that year...Exageration? The numbers dont lie ....he only played 6 games his 2015 season.He has had a full year to rest his body and is in his prime.

11. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

He has 5 seasons, you take the full body of his work. Not pick and choose what season you want to skew your #s. If you don't, the #s do lie.
    The "rest" is not necessarily a positive. He's going to be rusty,out of shape and have more risk of injury after such a long layoff. Over a year and a half by the time the season starts.
    Yes he's had short seasons, 4 of them, due to injury and suspension. That also has to factor in to and decision to sign him. What are the odds he plays full 16 game seasons after you commit to over paying him.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

13. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I know we have been hard on him, hard as a ton of bricks dropped from the Empire State building but it isn't his fault he was forced to play centre with damaged fingers, again more stupidity from our HC, he has slotted in well at LG and if he is cheap will be worth keeping for another season.

A bit more worrying was another poster on here disparaging the LT class in the next draft, we are desperate for a standout one of those, along with a few other positions obviously lol

14. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

I'm glad you included Powell in you list. He almost seems like a forgotten name. He could still be a very good quality back for maybe 2 years or more (hasn't been a primary back).

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. mrjet80

I know Long was injured but remember he is not a natural center to begin with . He was a much better guard but had a decent year at center in Washington after being moved in there due to an injury . I’d like him to stay on as a LG.

As far as LT goes there are two decent options in the draft - Jonah Williams and Greg Little . I’d personally prefer Williams . The Jets should be able to come away with one of them in the first round regarding their current draft position .

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree somewhat. While I want a homerun threat, and one would be certainly nice, we don't have to have one. A RB rotation or committee comprised of Ingram, Powell, McGuire and Cannon would do quite nicely for a season or two. Ingram has power which we need in the red zone and short yardage situations, and has a great work ethic and attitude which could help in a young locker room. Both Powell and McGuire are faster, more elusive and good receivers as well, and Cannon has plenty of speed if we can get an OC who knows how to get him the ball in space.

What we don't need are an oft-injured prima donna who's commanding a huge contract like Bell, or a player with poor character and anger issues like Hunt, who may be suspended for a huge chunk of the year.

#76 NCJetsfan, Dec 12, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    Skicats likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Any RB behind the current OL is gonna look like a JAG.