Mark Ingram 2019

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJT73, Dec 10, 2018.

1. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Just wondering what others think about him. Not an elite rb but a top back that could be the lead back for this team with Eli Mcguire the change of pace and another back from the draft to compete. I think having a veteran there with Darnold would help him. I think Ingram would be the perfect bridge gap. Could start for a few years. Bring a veteran preference and save us some money and allow us to spend elsewhere and bring in another player or two. Just want to see what others think?

PJ4Ever likes this.
  2. Hes a good back.Id rather have Tevin Coleman from hotlanta he will be cheaper & hungry for a chance to start.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  3. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

At the beginning of the year I was a Coleman guy. I know Atlanta is having a tough year but since Freeman has been down I haven't been impressed with Coleman. I'm not opposed but prefer Ingram.

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

If we’re gonna spend on a FA RB it should be on Bell or Hunt. Otherwise get your mid round RB in the draft like most other good teams.

I don’t see Ingram as an upgrade to Crowell.

abc, MexicanJet, BacktoQueens and 2 others like this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Mods , please help with the title. The op spelled Lavean Bell wrong

6. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Lol. I like it.

abc likes this.
  7. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

We need explosive young playmakers on this team. I like Ingram but he's lost a step from when he entered the league and not that impactful anymore.

As others have said Bell, Hunt or get a young explosive back in the draft. Enough with these just average guys. Get a real home run threat on offense for once.

abc and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Good thought. I agree that Ingram does look a little slow. Guess I was trying to bargain hunt for a starter so we could throw more at the oline and pass rusher.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  9. JetsNation06

Not a bad line of thinking, I tend to agree with you. However I think we can get a top O lineman, an above average pass rusher and still get a home run threat on O.

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

If you sign Ingram McGuire would be the starter. Ingram would be the short yardage guy.

11. Ill take your word for it.

I liked his quickness & ability to make guys miss coming out of Indy U. Also thought hed be a good fit given that the Falcons use a ZBS.But i havent caught too much of him other than a series here or there.

Ingram is a solid all around back no doubt.

12. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

He's going to be 29 in a couple weeks. We don't need another fading FA back.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

14. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Wouldn't he basically be Forte 2.0 in that he's an aging RB who has been good, but about to hit the decline phase?

ColoradoContrails and Harpua like this.
  15. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

Good call on the age. Never looked it up. Thought he was 27. 29 year old backs is when the cliff hits. Probably fall right off of it. That's why I asked. I was 50/50 on him. Now I'm more against him than for.

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I definitely think we need a veteran to pair with McGuire, a rookie and Cannon. I think he'd be a good one-year signing even though he's 28. He's been a starter in the past and can score TDs. I definitely agree that we need a veteran presence back there with McGuire, hopefully a rookie, and maybe Cannon.

Coleman has started 17 games in his 4-year career. Is he a workhorse type, or is he more of a rotational-type RB? I wouldn't be opposed to signing him as part of a rotation, but I want a RB in the draft that has some juice and can be the workhorse.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Get a homerun threat RB in the draft. A big NO to Bell and Hunt.

18. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I think the best thing to do is leave the RBs alone and get Golden Tate. He can bring a nice veteran presence to the offense and upgrade our receivers. I’d rather spend the rest of our money of offensive line and pass rush.

19. JetsNation06

I just checked out the Walter Camp rankings for top RB's coming out and it's not an impressive crop this year. They have Damien Harris ranked as the top RB. He's good but not NFL elite good. Mike Weber good, but doesn't strike me as elite NFL RB either.

I think we need to go after Bell hard. He is one of the elite ones in the game and will only be 27 next year. So he's still got at minimum 3-4 seasons of All World football left in the tank especially with getting all that extra rest this season. And guys like him who also catch the ball can easily excel until they're 32 or 33. So he'd be a foundational piece for this franchise for years to come. He's that good.

Then you get a top O Lineman in the draft in the top 5 if there's an OL of that value ranked to go that high. Then you probably dip into FA to get a top Edge rusher. They need go after DeMarcus Lawrence hard although he'll command $20M/year and rightfully so after this season. If not, Dee Ford would be a nice consolation prize. And if not Ford, then go after Fowler.

Those 3 upgraded positions right there make us a significantly better team next year as long as these moves are all within the confines of the cap without hurting us too much to fill in some other holes like WR and LB.

20. JetsNation06

McGuire is meh at best. Need significant talent upgrade at the skill positions.