Marcus Maye Likely Out Week 2

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Sep 13, 2018.

1. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Two extended periods of time? Did I miss one? He started all 16 games last season and has missed one this year. Wheres even one extended period? And its one injury, not two

K'OB likes this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

He had surgery after the season and missed all of OTAs plus the beginning of camp. He didn't practice in full until the second week. That was due to an ankle injury. Now he's missing regular season games and practice due to a foot injury not related to the ankle he had surgery on. So that's two injuries that caused him to miss OTAs, basically the first week of camp and now two regular season games plus the practices that come along with it.

3. LF911SC

He's missed one game. ONE. Not two, hes not out for Sunday yet. And one or two isnt an extended period. Missing a week of OTAs with an ankle doesnt mean he would have missed a single game in the regular season. He has a foot that has caused him to miss a game. Period.

4. BroadwayAaron

If there's one thing I've learned by getting into these spats with you and then watching you get into them with everyone else, is that it's definitely not worth it.

Go Jets, squish the fish.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That seems to happen too much here. Players have one injury, come back, and then get injured again. Maybe it happens with other teams as well? I don't know but maybe they are rushing players back too soon or something

6. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Exactly what the hell is wrong with Maye and why's Bowles continuing to be very vague about it?

Maye's now been absent for TWO WEEKS - for WHAT??!!

"just sore?" . . "has been off and on?" . . "we'll see as it gets closer to...?"

This sounds like the Mets talking about Cespedes - watch it's probably Maye's elbow..

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

I don't even know that it's anything other than shit luck with this one. I guess you could say maybe the second injury is because he was favoring one foot due the first injury?

8. LF911SC

Everyone else?

This is the answer to he's missed one game and you called it his 2nd extended period of time so spin the disagreement?

While you're talking about what I post try this. More than a few times I've said my bad, I was wrong. Try it.

9. BroadwayAaron

Maye has missed two weeks of practice, a regular season game and most likely a second regular season game. If you don't think that's an "extended period" then I dunno what to tell you. But neither does anyone else really.

10. BrowningNagle

If he doesn't play sunday, then he isn't going to play next week either. Thursday night game, on the road, they really only have like 1 practice and a walk through practice. He's probably out until the Jaguars game at the earliest, September 30th

11. LF911SC

One more time I don't count missed OTA days or camp days. Players routinely miss those days who would have suited up if we're a game. He's missed 1 game up to now. If he continues to miss games I'll be concerned. Now I'll take it for what it is.

12. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I do wish there was more clarity on Maye, but I do think there's something to like about the cloak and dagger approach by Bowles. I think it might be a sign of his growth as an HC.

13. Well one of the reasons he wasnt a 1st round pick was he was rehabbing some injury from UF & the thought was he wouldnt be ready for OTAs..so injuries are not new to him.I dont remember what the specifuc injury was.Possibly acl??

14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Happens like clockwork with the New York Mets at least.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  15. BroadwayAaron

16. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Yeah but with the Mets they tweak an ankle and 6 weeks later they figure out its Lupus.

17. The whole thing is strange.Is it a new injury or did he have a set back from procedure?Nobody is just “sore” after missing all this time.

18. BrowningNagle

19. BroadwayAaron

New injury. Has nothing to do with the injury that required surgery and him missing all of OTAs/most of camp.

No idea. It's all very odd. The fact that it just kind of exists and it wasn't any particular incident makes me think it's a stress fracture or something to do with plantar fasciitis. That comes and goes and it's not fun. I've had it since I was about 12.

20. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Because no one outside of 1 Jets Drive needs to know it.

Bowles job isn’t to make fans feel better or to enlighten other teams.

Telling us what the injury is won’t make it better.

It’s an injury. Nothing else matters.