Mangold to retire next week as a Jet. Thank you.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJT73, Apr 17, 2018.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I felt that the Yankees went overboard by retiring 51, 46, and 20. Bernie, Andy, and Jorge were very good players, but none are HOFers(at least not yet). Mo and Derek definitely deserved to have theirs retired although the former didn't have a choice because of the number he wore. I hope they don't retire 13, but could see them doing so in the future.

2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

One of my favorite Jets. Awesome

3. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

^That's great. I can't tell you how many Jets Xmas ornaments I own, btw. It's downright embarrassing; but the majority of them are from the late 70s/early 80s. I got them as Xmas presents from my Daddy mostly. I got stupidly careless one year. The hook was rusty, and I was watching the Jets out of the corner of my eye on our crap TV while decorating our pagan Yule tree. Yeah, the hook gave out, and a super nifty old/new Jets logo ornament hit the floor. I'll never be able to replace it. I was so heartbroken. The candle on the cake is that right when it smashed, Little Jimmy Leonhard got his leg busted. Goddamn it. That's my Jets ornaments story. All of my stories are true.

EDIT & P.S.: I love how his fingers are taped together in the first picture. Haha.

#43 jetophile, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

thank you Nick!

5. jetophile

Nick Mangold! He needs a fashion police lesson! Did he ever watch that movie 'Barber Shop!' Get a haircut after your retirement and stop looking like a hobo! Don't shave your beard, and I'll tell you why! It's the one time my deceased barber grandfather would be wrong! Life after football! Your next career is in a body shop! You could buff Bondo with that thing, and earn a million dollars on some reality show! Just don't lick the Bondo! You might wind up on 'My Strange Addiction' where people eat Elmer's glue and couch cushions!

Signed,
    -Mrs.championjets69 :mad:

6. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Mangold you were a great Jet. May the sweetness of the cupcake crumbs in your beard last longer than the memory of having Geno Smith's hands up your bottom.

7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Er how many SBs did they win vs the draftees that made up the 68 season including namely one JWN :mad:

8. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

It was a really good draft. Period.

FJF likes this.
  9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Champs gonna champ

HomeoftheJets and CBG like this.
  10. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

Talk about a SOJF...yikes

11. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

And most of those times when he did go down on a play, he got right back in there almost immediately. Opponents practically had to kill him to stop him. Game of Thrones material. The guy was tough as nails. Great player, Great Jet. The organization stepped in it the day they drafted him. I kept hoping he could make a come-back for us.

12. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

We need to find a way to get Price.

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Best of Luck Nick we loved ya you were a class act

14. jetophile

I wouldn't mind Mangold in FB broadcasting somehow. If he stays his usual animated self, he could do well there. FB analysis is such a joke, anyway, I wouldn't mind some real comic relief. Better yet, have him announce a Jets/Cheats game with Nantzy Pants. I would pay to see that.

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I don't know about you, but I sure got tired of getting Anthony Becht and Al Toon confused...

Br4d likes this.
  16. stinkyB

As an Isles fan who grew up hating the Rangers..... I still have to say that this is Effin Awesome :D

Walt White likes this.
  17. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

88 is a great number though. I'd hate to see that one retired. The first 88 I remember is Richard Caster and he was a heckuva player as a hybrid TE/WR who could go deep for Namath. Then you had Al Toon, another memorable Jets receiver. Becht was part of the best run in 30 years between 2000 and 2004. 3 playoff appearance in 5 years and the leagues best rushing attack over that period.

I want another great 88. Seeing him play will remind me of how good Caster, Toon and Becht were. Having the number gather dust because a great player once wore it is a guarantee that we will think less often of those players than we would if 88 was on our screens every few years with a new guy trying to be the best 88 the Jets have ever had.

18. stinkyB

The dude could definitely block but.....

19. 74

74 Well-Known Member

You’re welcome.

stinkyB and abyzmul like this.
  20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Nantz is one of the most insecure broadcasters in the business, he needs a vapid turd like Romo next to him.

Simms is a dry personality, but even he couldn't shut up listening to Jimmy NoBalls whining about the Pats getting shafted every week.