Malcolm Butler

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Time to bring him over to the Jets

2. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Alex Guerrero is a trainer with a very shady past. Besides pretending to be a Dr, he was sanctioned by the FTC for
    marketing a beverage made largely of organic greens that he falsely claimed would prevent or cure cancer, heart disease, arthritis, and diabetes.
    He and Brady later tried to market Neurosafe , a water based drink that prevents concussions.......
    It was promptly shut down by the FTC as well.
    TB12 is a training facility just outside of the stadium owned by Tom Brady#12 hence TB12. It's run by Guerrero and is how Brady Reciever the money he leaves on the table in contract negotiations, circumventing the salary cap.
    There has been a large rift between Belichick and the Patriots orginization, with Guerrero and the TB12 company this year as Guerrero had been instructing injured players not to follow the team trainers and Dr's advice and even instructing them not to show up for team therapy, etc.

3. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

You are right about his shady past but I get the feeling Guerrero is going to be defending it in the future when TB12 retires.

I think the rift between Belichick and Guerrero has been exaggerated by the Boston media who don't like Guerrero. The problem is Alex represents what would be referred to as alternative medicine which does not agree with the medical community. If you watch the Tom vs Time episode you can see that Julian Edelman definitely does not concur with Alex's philosophies and makes no bones about it. So I don't think Pat players were being forced to listen to Guerrero. I think the problem you had was he wasn't an employed medical staff person of the Patriots and his approaches being different with the training staff led to players being confused what to do.

But before calling him a quack, some of the stuff he argues about muscle pliability and elongation is nothing new. This theory is very popular in the Orient and martial arts. I can personally say that getting a massage muscle therapy before playing golf has helped my golf game quite a bit. Maybe its all in my head, but I feel the extra flexibility helps me develop more club head speed. Now that I think about it, it does because I have actually measured it. I could also see a training staff not having a problem with a player trying to be more limber. But if a player is told not to do weights, I can see a trainer being pissed.

I should admit that I could never have a guy give me a massage, perhaps I am homophobic here. So my wife and I compromised on a not so pretty masseuse. Also what my masseuse does is definitely not as intense as the massage given by Guerrero to TB on the Tom versus Time episodes.

My sister in law and her husband have tried to get us into yoga which is another method of obtaining flexibility when you get older. To be honest, I would be embarrassed to be in a room with women more flexible than me. Perhaps another hang up of mine.

4. Patriot

Look even though I thought Welker's foot jokes were funny, I actually think Belichick showed mutual respect to Ryan and the rest of coaches around the league. So I think he was right to do what he did. The message was you respect coaches even if they are in the other team.

I think this goes back to his military background and his father. I also remember during the episode of a football life when he told Derrick Mason to shut the blank up. I think the message there was don't mess with me, because I am not just another player, I am a coach!

This is definitely old school and I could even see Parcells acting the exact same way also.

5. Patriot

I have heard that Parcells and Belichick both being hard asses had a rule that if you don't practice you don't play. But this would not explain why players who have been injured got relief from this rule then. Maybe Bill thought Butler should have practiced even though he was ill. Personally with all the nasty flus going around, not a good idea.

In any even I have no idea for sure, and I think Bill wants to keep it that way so we can all suffer.:rolleyes:

6. TonyFtLaud

I didn't say players were being forced to listen to Guerrero's advice , but some were ignoring the teams Dr's and training staffs advice.

You have to get over your hang - ups.
    It's 2018. As long as the woman doesn't have a bigger penis then you , it's all good. Gotta draw the line somewhere. LOL :p

7. TonyFtLaud

Butler did practice but reports are he looked really bad in practice all week.
    Then there are the reports of curfew weed and a woman. ( Now I understand why I never got to play in the Super Bowl.) ;) Lol
    Your right, I don't think the truth ever surfaces. As I stated before. Belichick is the master at keeping the media and fans in the dark.

8. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

JetsNation06 likes this.
  11. Patriot

Based on Butler's last tweet it appears all those reports are false. I still don't understand even if he didn't start, why did he not get any playing time as the 3rd or 4th CB.

I always liked Butler because he was short and represented the under dog. This year he has been exposed more due to his height. However he is great at stripping the ball from receivers. On the Jenkins TD reversal, if Butler doesn't strip the ball lose, there would be no TD reversal! I know it is a sore subject but I am pointing this out to show how being able to strip a ball from a receiver's grasp is important.

Should the Jets sign Butler? It depends on his price. I don't think he is a 1st tier CB but above average. He is not well suited to cover tall receivers. I think as a 2nd CB he would be good and as a 3rd CB he would be great.

12. TonyFtLaud

I'd pass on Butler.
    He as you said he would be a good second , great 3 rd but is overrated and will probably be paid like a #1 corner.
    I'm hoping for Clairborne and Johnson as 1 and 2.
    The Rams are unlikely to tag Johnson a third time and he loves Dennard Wilson. I'd make him a priority in free agency.
    Then sign Coleman to replace Skrine. He's small but very under rated and one of the best slot corners in the game and best of all, will not be expensive. We still have Clark and Jones , hopefully Developing.......