Major disapointment, but don't dwell.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Vilmalover51, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

After walking out the stadium last night, I wondered about this team. Not completely sure how to feel but I do think well end up in the playoffs. Its pretty clear what the problems are. Spotty offense thats just downright hard to watch sometimes. The pass rush is a complete joke, its just a bunch of guys grappling with offensive lineman for 20 seconds at a time. Coverage is good, but hard to cover with no pass rush obviously. Good news is that our schedule is very favorable down the stretch but so is the Pats, 6-2 i feel is possible and that will get us to 11-5 so thats why I think well end up in the playoffs. Anyone have any other positive thoughts after this letdown?

2. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Sorry, I am going to dwell on this loss until we make the playoffs.

This was one cupcake effort by the Jets and they yet failed again to take advantage.

3. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

This loss hurts pretty bad. I think its impossible to not dwell on it until we have at least a few more wins under us.

4. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

here is my thing... i dont want to "just make the playoffs" i want to contend. and without a home playoff game(s), and us getting pretty much man handled everytime we play a good team, i just dont see it.

5. Elwood125

Elwood125 New Member

well if we only lose two more, then we are at 10-6. Not so sure that will be good enough.

6. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

i think a lot of us will dwell on the loss for a few more weeks because this game was essential to our hopes of overtaking the pats for the division and possibly getting a bye week in the playoffs. Now we will have to do it the hard way and win almost all the games left to have a chance at a playoff spot. I hope we get them in the playoffs again so we can kick them out

7. NYDeadEye

NYDeadEye Member

I'm over the loss.

My only concern is adapting and making this team better. It's hard not to think about the game though when you have to look at this game to highlight our weaknesses.

8. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I'm still sick from the game against the Steelers in January

9. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

You never know what is going to happen in the next few games - who would have thought the Ravens would lose to the Seahawks or that the Bengals should have beaten the Steelers - outside of the Colts there are no gimme games so there is plenty of time for anyone to screw up.

Its disappointing that after the excitement of the 2009 season and feeling like we were on the verge of a great few years we seem to be reverting to just being a.n.other decent team.

At the end of the day it pretty much all comes down to Sanchez and I will try hard not to write him off until I see what he is like with a different coaching mentality around him having seen what a difference it can make to a passer as pedestrian as Alex Smith.

10. colleen74

colleen74 Member

I fully intend to dwell.

11. JetsBigD

JetsBigD Member

I'll definitely be over this by Wednesday, maybe

12. bkzfinest80

bkzfinest80 New Member

Still dwelling. This shit hurts. Thursday cant come soon enough.

13. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

We played like horseshit maybe this loss and lack of preparation and boneheaded mistakes and Rex calling out Sanchez will actually cause the team to stop playing like a slapdick team. Can we not run the ball down their fucking throats? Are we not the New York Fucking Jets? We dominated them in the first half and there were about 15-20 boneheaded plays that caused them to continually get points. If Kyle Wilson actually catches the ball on that first drive we have a pick six and we are up 7-0. That would have changed the game. Also how many times were the players not set and how many times did it seem like Brick or Hunter were just straight up not trying? Eric Smith was also getting exploited aka we need a new goddamn center.

14. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

I don't think 10 and 6 will be good enough this year with all the tie breakers. Our conference record is awful.

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

We can improve that though with broncos, chiefs, bills, dolphins coming up

16. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

indeed, but still wasted chances. I hope we blow them all out and the offense gets SOMETHING going.

17. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

Here is the deal, we came in and get punked. They had us completely unprepared and we did not look like the team that we have been in the past.

Players not lined up right
    Players looking sluggish (Harris, Brick etc.)
    Stupid timeout calls
    Stupid penalties
    Stupid play by Eric Smith
    Poor execution by Special Teams

If you think that Rex is going to get complacent and the team is going to get complacent after that you are wrong.

The one positive that I saw last night was that Plaxico looks really good. But if we are going to sign Holmes to big money why are we not sending him deep more often. That play in Pittsburgh last year was beautiful why do we not send him deep more? ]

Maybe Rex talking crap about Sanchez will make him wake up.

18. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

We have to win all the rest of the AFC matchups (5) against the "easy" teams, plus at least one of the NFC East ones. Who do we match up better against? The Eagles or the Giants?

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Well Vicks injured so who even knows with the Eagles. That team sucks though in general.

The only real teams we have left on our schedule are the Bills and Giants, and its hard to consider the Bills legit. The Giants who even knows, I think we match up great against them imo.

20. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Just finished watching my recorded game, where do you ant to start????? Bottom line is, the coaching staff, and this rests firmly on Rex's shoulders. If Schottie or any other coach is shit, then its down to HIM to call it, and he hasn't.
    It reeks of 'old boy network', and I'm sick of it. Be professional and get the fucking job done.
    There are a number of players who just do not deserve to wear the jersey, but they are and while they are have to be supported.
    Sanchez......................... I think hes the Emperors new clothes.
    Fuckin disappointed and fuckin upset right now, post game rant over.