Madden Stories

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by NYJalltheway, Feb 16, 2006.

1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I know we've all got our Madden stories to tell and all...so lets have this be the thread for it...

I don't have a story right now really...but the other day I was playing...

I had gone 19-0 the previous season but for the first time with My Texans (fantasy draft), Vick was out all game...I lost 31-37 after 21 total straight wins...figures, but yeah Madden is the best...

I hear that Blitz is a really good game though..thoughts?

2. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Blitz is fun to play but it's not really realistic or like the NFL like Madden is.

3. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Madden on 360 sucks......the game play is different but worse.

4. NYJalltheway

lol i shoulda figured....360 is overrated i'm sure

5. DonnieIsTheKing

DonnieIsTheKing Active Member

Madden 04 I threw a game-winning TD against the Bills with a fake spike with :02 left, with the NEW YORK JETS! Pennington to Moss... 12 yards for 6 and the win (i forget the actual score but we were down 2 or 3 at the time).

I have a lot of great games in NCAA 05... including the Rose Bowl when I was UCLA against Virginia Tech. My offense shut down in the first overtime and I had to settle for a FG. So it was 34-31 with VaTech getting the ball, and they had scored on their last 4 drives of the second half and I had 0 confidence that my defense could get it done. Then on the second play, their QB (i believe it was Randall) dropped back and I blitzed my safety, forced the fumble and recovered!! Bruins win!

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

excerpt from an email of all sorts of classic stuff (much of which could not be posted on this family board):

Memorable Madden Video Game Moments

-The 2002 tournament between Walter and myself was interesting. We created teams such as the Zimbabwe Cat -------, Richmond -------, Alabama Ass Bombs, Jackson Tapeworms, San Diego Suck Tots, Washington Wifebeaters, and the San Francisco Guys. I created the San Francisco Guys. I dressed them in pink uniforms with yellow trim. Brian Griese was the quarterback.

-The Indianapolis Colts at Tennessee Titans game between Walter and I featured an embarrassing play. The Titans were my team. Before one particular play I announced, "This will be a touchdown right here." The play called for Eddie George to run a sweep. It had touchdown written all over it. George had a wide lane to run down the left sideline for a 40-something yard touchdown. Alas, I ran him right into a prone defensive lineman for a minimal gain. Nobody was within 10 yards of the lineman. I had ample room to avoid this completely unnecessary situation.

-In 1998 I was sort of running a franchise as the New York Jets (before Madden had franchise mode). After the third season I made it to the Super Bowl. It was a low scoring (at least by Madden standards), hard-hitting affair. The Cowboys were winning 20-10 with only a few minutes remaining. I drove my team down the field and kicked a field goal. I do not recall if I recovered an onside kick or if I simply kicked off deep and then stopped Dallas three and out. Either way, my team possessed the ball down 20-13 with less than a minute to go. I scored a touchdown in the final seconds of the game. Then it happened. Shockingly, I kicked the extra point attempt too low and lost 20-19.

7. NYJalltheway

So I was just playin on 9 minute quarters against my cousin..I had the bengals and he had the panthers....

he was making 2 point convos all day and towards the end i was leading 50-49....well he went for 2 and got stuffed at the line, i ran the clock out and won it by 1 :D. .. good day for me...although i had 3 missed field goals (all with zero accuracy)....eh dont know why my kicking was so horrible today...but i still won :D

8. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

I was playing my friend and I had the Jets and he had the Giants he was winning with 30 sec left and was on my own five on 4th. I threw a hail mary he tipped it and Coles caught it and ran it for a Touchdown!

9. ViLmAfAn5128

ViLmAfAn5128 Banned

iM GONNA WAIT UNTIL AUGUST AND GET PS3 OR 360 WHEN MADDEN 07 COMES OUT.

10. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Because Madden Gameplay sucks means the 360 is overrated?

Sounds like a lil hate if you ask me. Guess you don't have one and are waiting for the ps3.

The graphics are amazing in Madden but it was put out too quickly by EA.

The 360 can do AMAZING THINGS!!!
    I have it networked to my PC and I can watch HD Video, Record HD just like a DVR, Look at all my Pictures, listen to all my tunes all this while playing full HD games.

Like I said, anyone who hates on the 360 has no clue. It is an amazing System.

11. Keeprunning28

Keeprunning28 New Member

i won 96-3, 5 minute quarters, all pro

12. NYJalltheway

dude no, you're way wrong..

1. I'm waiting for Revolution not PS3

2. I don't hate Xbox...why did you think that?

3. I might buy a 360 some day....just not at it's overly expensive price right now

13. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Ahhhh...I C.
    But I still disagree.

-XBOX 360
    -PS3
    -Anything else
    -Revolution

In that order! The 360 is so much more than just a gaming machine. Too bad people are missing out on the extras.

14. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

NCAA 2006 Moment:

I was up 35-28, being Florida Gators vs. USC in the Rose Bowl in "Race for the HEisman" with like 2 minutes left. I had a 3rd down on my own 20 and I threw a bomb way downfield, and lo and behold...picked!!! So USC has about 1:45 left on the clock and of course Leinart gives the ball to his impact runner, who I can't seem to remember the name of, (wink) and he runs the clock out and gets to about the 20, USC mixing pass and run at a ratio of about 1:4. So Leinart has about 15 seconds left on the clock and what does he do??? He runs a freaking draw play to Bush! And of course you know that camera you get on that game when an "In the Zone" player makes a big play...like that happened 3 times. He broke two tackles and made this huge juke move that took two guys outta their shoes. TD!!! OT!!!
    Now the damn Trojans win the toss and elect to defend first. So I get the ball at the 25 yard line, duh, and i move the ball 5 yards on first down...incomplete on 2nd down. Here comes third down. I threw to Chad Jackson, best receiver on my team. Its a TD...no wait...he DROPPED THE BALL!!! 4th down I gotta kick a field goal. Nailed it.
    So here comes USC fresh off two great drives where Reggie Bush controlled the pace and Leinart just threw when he needed to. This drive they start out with a play action pass to their dominant Wideout for 10 yards. Then again they run it and REggie Bush has a wide open lane for the TD. All of a sudden out jumps one of my DT and he grabs Reggie with one arm and slams him to the ground. On second down I'm getting really worried, they're gonna score and win. Remember Im up by a field goal, in OT.
    On the next down, Leinart drops back 5 steps, reads his first wideout, pump fakes, and then throws to the left corner of the endzone. But there's my trusty impact safety who jumps out of nowhere and picks the ball out of the air. Now it would have been good enough to just kneel in the endzone, touchback, game over. But now I hot dog it and take it all the way for a TD...105 yards. GAME OVER!!! NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!! FLORIDA GATORS!!!

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'm not going to rag on the 360 but I'm really not a fan of it unless you have a great looking television (which works out good because you seem to have an HD). I was considering getting one come April, but I'm going to compare the two. I played 360 on a good sized TV and I wasn't impressed. I thought it was very similar to the X-box graphics.

It's a great system, but I think the PS3 is going to be a step ahead because they waited longer to develop it and see what their competition put out first.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That's another thing though, bro. You have to understand that not everyone knows how to hook up all the things you explained. Plus you have a DVD player to watch movies. A computer or stereo to listen to music. A camera or computer to view pictures.

I think that the extra things and trying to make 360 into a computer was a bad idea. Why try and do that? We already have a computer. Might just be me but I'm a gaming system first, everything else second guy when buying systems.

And I think the Revolution is going to be awful, no offense to anyone.

17. NYJalltheway

why all the hate on Rev?.

and i recognize the cool 360 features..i just dont care, i wouldnt use em

18. NYJalltheway

1. none taken

2. i agree, gaming comes first:beer:

19. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

In my current franchise I franchised Abe and traded him to houston for number one. Abe is already hurt(out 7weeks). Glad I did that.I got Bush with number one and he is the offense. I also kept my number 3 pick and got D Brick.Fabini is gone, I kept Kendall and I still got Mawae but for a one year contract though.I got Cutler with my second pick and Greg Lee (wr) with my 3rd .On week one Bush had 105 yards vs. Buff in a 19 -10 victory. Penny got hurt in the first quarter so J Cutler ran a conservative offense with no picks but not many yards. He is not very good with arm strength ( fuck ncaa) .

20. neworderdude

neworderdude Member

i prefer the gameplay on 360

the game, however, isnt deep enough

07 will be much better im sure