Madden Demo

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by devilonthetownhallroof, Jul 15, 2010.

1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen this yet? I played a game today and every time I went to kick an extra point or FG it wouldn't let me hit the accuracy no matter when I hit the button. Kickoffs and punts were fine, but it wouldn't let me place kick.

Hopefully that shit doesn't happen in the real game.

2. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Blocks are shed way too easily in this version of Madden. This is especially obvious on kickoffs and play action passes.

3. danallen

danallen Banned

I really liked the demo. They improved a lot of little things.

4. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

And fucked up everything that worked.

5. danallen

danallen Banned

Like what? Only thing I didn't like was the new audible shit.

6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Play Action is almost impossible. It's as if they know you are going to do it then get this speedboost and they hit the QB almost every time.
    Yep, but EA Does that every year in it's an attempt to mask the problems like this:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aJevK3POPg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nusRW975P0s[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zUPG3PJfN8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXh2V9CuWFo[/YOUTUBE]

7. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Play actions are awful, and there really is no speed button?

8. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

I'm glad they got rid of it. Did you just hold it down all the time?

9. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

You can turn off the auto-turbo in the settings, so you can do it yourself.

10. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

This is one of the worst video games I've played this year. It's a shame too for such an important franchise.

I really hope that they find a way to patch everything that's broken in this game.

11. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Some people are saying that the retail version is better than the demo so that's good.

Good
    • Improved Run Blocking AI: An improvement carried over from NCAA 11. Now you can run the ball as well as pass it.
    • More Realistic Deep Balls: Ever since Madden went Next Gen it's always felt impossible for a receiver to burn a DB which made the difference between DBs seem almost negligible. Thanks to Locomotion that's no longer a problem. Jump balls are also handled realistically with receivers dragging their toes to stay in bounds.
    • Locomotion: Probably my favorite improvement. Now speed, acceleration, and agility are all factored into whether or not a receiver beats a defender.
    • Commentary: Gus Johnson brings a lot of needed energy to the Madden commentary that hasn't been there since Madden quit. I'm not a big fan of Collinsworth, but at least the commentary is listenable to now.
    • Kick Meter: While some say it's an unneccesary change I like it because it makes punting the ball out of bounds easier.

Bad
    • Block Shedding: While in the past block shedding was too difficult, now it's way too easy. This makes play action passes and kick returning almost impossible. Even bad defenders can beat good blockers.
    • Pass Coverage AI: Still needs work. Way too easy to beat zone coverage. Sometimes players will just stand in the middle of no where or stand still while a receiver crosses in front of them.
    • Dropped Passes: I've seen a lot of these in the demo on both sides of the ball. That's normal for defenders but receivers drop a ton of passes. This will probably get a release day patch.
    • Strategy Pad: The strategy pad sucks. It takes twice as long to make half as many adjustments before the snap. This is getting patched to allow you to use the old system.
    • GameFlow: Not a bad addition, but I don't see why this is the biggest focus of this year's Madden. It's an updated version of Ask Madden.

#231 Vorrecht, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  12. Hennessy2710

Hennessy2710 New Member

Good Post. The deep ball was the first thing I noticed. Its a huge improvement. You use to never be able to throw it deep now its more realistic and the gameplays can now spread out.

13. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

they need to make guys actually commit to someone when they are in zone. As it stands now players will keep dropping back into their zone even if there is only receiver anywhere near their zone. at that point the defender should be breaking hard towards the offensive player but instead they continue to backpedal even as the qb sets his feet and turns in the direction of the single receiver.

I think this game is gonna play really well online because most of the cheese from years past should be limited. I don't see pitch sweeps to chris johnson going for td's nearly as often as they could last year. Locomotion adds a whole new level of strategy in online games because speed really isn't the only thing that matters now.

14. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I just won 41-35 after being up 14-0 and 21-7, and then I went down 21-35, and came back as time was just about expired in OT to win...

Anyway I have a question. For online franchise..could me and a buddy (not on the same console) do a franchise together with computers controlling the other 30 teams?

15. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

I've been playing the full version, never played the demo. I love everything about the game so far with two exceptions, and it's basically the same things everyone else is bitching about.

1. The Strategy pad. It flat out sucks. Glad to see the patch coming.
    2. Gameflow. I don't see the point of it. At all.

16. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

the strategy pad is not TERRIBLE its just difficult...

gameflow i couldnt tell you cuz i havent tried the full thing but i think it could be decent, just not needed

17. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

Aside from the gameplay issues (a ton of them), has anyone noticed the coach-giving-water-to-a-player animation that repeats 5-10 times a game? I know that Gatorade is paying for ads, but this is ridiculous. Also, they only have one fan animation that plays at the beginning of the game, and they screwed it up pretty bad. I don't understand how EA can see these simple animation flaws, that have nothing to do with gameplay, and not change them before they release the demo.

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

That's exactly why I enjoyed APF2K8. I didn't have to constantly worry about updating the rosters. I never played Madden online nor did I ever bother with a patch. I don't even know how one goes about getting a patch. That's how dumb I am with video games.
    I would simply manually edit the rosters as best I could. If I had to create a guy like Andrew Davison, then that's what I would do.
    I would manually put in the real names for NCAA every year. The way I understand it, people nowadays have that done for them via a patch or something.

Anyway, I thought APF2K8 was great. I'll go right back to playing it whenever I decide to pull my PS3 out of a closet.

19. IATA

IATA Trolls

I forgot Madden comes out Tuesday. I thought, for some reason, it was the 27th.

20. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

The demo came out on July 27th, maybe that's why you got confused?