Madden 2012 Demo Impressions

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Scikotic, Aug 9, 2011.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Haven't had a chance to play it yet but watched my son play and three things stuck out the grass, the hit as the receiver was going out of bounds, the color and lighting is amazing...

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

How about the suction blocking? You know, the kind of holding that could instantly draw 15 yard penalty in real NFL, but is OK in Madden? *If you get to the QB as often as I do, you'd see what I mean.*

----------------------------------------------

I tried Madden 09 on XBox a few years ago, and I still remember the horror I experienced. It was Madden 09 on XBox, but the content was Madden 08 for PC version, with the exception of roster update. (It had Gholston on it.) How do I know it's the same stuff?

1. The playbooks. It was not similar. It was IDENTICAL.
    2. Console setup.
    3. Extra bullshits to keep you entertained.
    4. Hell, the stupid commentaries from Madden and Al Michaels were same word to word. Christ!

What a fucking shame. I stopped purchasing Madden horseshit ever since.

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Sweet madden 09 impressions. Totally relevant only 3 short years ago.

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I have no reason to expect anything better from EA - if you didn't understand what I was trying to say.

5. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

I understood, just didn't care.

You are complaining about an era where the game was totally unplayable. The effort to make the game better has been going pretty well since 10 came out. This year it hasn't impressed me on the field as much as I hoped but it there are good things going on at EA in regards to madden.

6. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Gotta tell you, I HATED franchise mode last year, and it's made me not want to buy this year. So I'll ask these two questions:

1. Can I save a game in the middle of a game. I used to be able to do this. But last year, if I needed to go somewhere in the middle of a game, I either had to keep the PS3 running or lose all progress, which is gay.

2. Draft pick trades- Yes, I was spoiled. I would go 3-0 or 4-0, then swap draft picks with the 0-4 teams. I can understand madden doing away with that, but on last years, there was just no swapping period. I couldn't even get a team with my same record to agree to trade picks. That sucked!

7. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Not sure about the saving in the middle of a game, but I do know that not only can you trade draft picks, you can trade future draft picks.

8. zllehs

zllehs New Member

loving the new animations and the fact that the O-line actually blocks now

hopefully the best is yet to come with franchise mode

9. 624

624 Banned

Everything about Madden pisses me off but I will still most likely buy it and play it....

It's our only option.

10. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Lovin the sig hahhahaa

11. PoPo

PoPo Member

Guess I should check this out before I buy.

12. Cam

Cam New Member

My favorite thing about ncaa is that before the plays you can set stuff like fkrce fumbles to agressive or hit power to conservitive so that they try to force fumbles more and tackle the guy normal instead of lighting him up i wish they would add this to madden.

13. RapZiLLa54

RapZiLLa54 New Member

I can't believe play actions haven't been addressed yet...... Why they added a "play action rating" is beyond me. So yayyy I can do a PA on 3rd & long and because I'm Peyton Manning and my PA rating is so high everybody bites and my guys are open.

They used to have a defensive assignment where you could tell the defense to bite on the run or play the pass which would make it about your play calling and setting up a defense. But just like last year it all depends on your qb and has NOTHING to do with your play calling. Can't wait to get rocked with Mark Sanchez doing a PA on 3rd and 1 after running it down their throats consistently.