Macs First Draft Total S***

Discussion in 'Draft' started by rinvesto, Sep 1, 2018.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Lmao Myles Jack a flop

legler82 likes this.
  2. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

True. And he tried hard to get Cousins here first. I like some of the stuff Mac has done. I hope he turns out to be a great GM. I think the Bridgewater move was a very good move also.

CotcheryFan likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I give him an "A" for getting TB, but a "C", maybe a "B-" for only getting a 3 in return plus giving up a 6. I tell myself there must've been other considerations, but I don't see them. I hope he turns that 3 into something useful.

NYJetsO12 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

1st Rounders
    Jalen Ramsey - Arguably the best at his position after just 2 years in the league. Who has Mac drafted is in discussion for being the best as his position?
    Leonard Fournette - One of the best young RBs in the league.
    Dante Fowler - I wonder if you are going to feel conflicted when your idol Mac drops a boat load of money at his feet next year to join the Jets. The day this so called busts puts on a Jets uniform, he immediately becomes the best pass rusher we've had here in over a decade.

2nd Rounders
    Cam Robinson - Starting left tackle. @ me when Mac finds us one.
    Allen Robinson - Developed into one of the best young WRs in the league despite having Bortles as his QB.
    Marquise Lee - One of the best young slot/3rd down WRs in the league. PFF ranked him the best and most efficient WR on crossing routes last year.
    Myles Jack - "Myles Jack who's been a huge flop so far." LOL PFF ranked this "flop" the 8th best coverage LB in the entire league and project that he will crack the top 100 best players overall list upcoming year, which will be just his SECOND season playing!
    T.J. Yeldon

3rd Rounders
    Yannick Ngakoue - One of the best young pass rushers in the league. He's past of the reason why Fowler hasn't been able to see the field as much as his talent warrants.
    A.J. Cann - Starting right guard.
    Brandon Linder - "Every year he’s been healthy, Linder has performed at a high level, earning 83.8-plus grades in each of the three years he’s played north of 200 offensive snaps. He turned consistency into elite play in his second year as a full-time center in 2017, as he recorded a career-high 99.3 pass-blocking efficiency across 444 pass-blocking snaps during the regular season." - PFF

5th Rounders
    Telvin Smith - One of the best LBs in the league against the run.
    Rashad Greene - Good depth and special teams player.

7th Rounders
    Neal Sterling - Our starting TE this year. So I guess that makes him the best TE on our team after not being good enough to make the Jaguars roster.

Notice how many times the word "best" appears? I excluded players from the 2013 and 2018 draft classes because the former was trash and it's too soon for the latter. The Jags have one of it not the best (there I go again) young rosters in football and that is mainly due to how well they've drafted "recently" as I stated before. It's comical that we're even debating this. You are either clueless or closely related to Mac. I'll tell you this; if the draft was relegated to just the first round, Mac would be considered a pretty good GM as it pertains to the draft. Unfortunately for him and you apparently, it's 7 rounds.

Lastly, I've said it before and I will say it thousand more times until it sinks in, "cap hell" is only when you are up against the cap and your roster is trash. If you have a talented roster and consistently draft well, then you are not in cap hell.

Never again should you post about this topic ever. You are giving us Jets fans a bad name.

#144 legler82, Sep 2, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

I had a subordinate of mine who was always the first to complete his deliverables. The only problem was that everything was always wrong. He thought the job was easy, until they fired his dumb@$$. He didn't get to quit.

NYJetsO12, FJF and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  6. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Youre a fool if you think I'm buying the BS idea that he paid more than anyone else ever to move up to 3. Youre actually bitching about moving up and getting Darnold because of the move?

I put Darnold in Canton? Find where I said anything close to that and paste it here. Stop being a moron, no one is saying that.

Williams is just a good player? If you dont have the capacity to know what youre watching. If you havent noticed that hes constantly doubled and gets no outside help.

Experts like you are priceless. You come on a forum to tell fans that theyre just as wrong as all the so called experts who like a player. Because you know better. And that confuses you into thinking Im Maccs wife. Makes sense.

Why dont you do this, back off. You keep whining about Jets good selections. If youre a Jet fan youre as bad a fan as there is. A whiner just complaining.

#146 LF911SC, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I'm down with that. he drafted better than any of the so-called GM's the Jets have had.

NYJetsO12 and rinvesto like this.
  8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Um. You can not list Allen Robinson as a "good draft pick" when A.) They couldn't afford him. B.) Lost him to Free Agency and C.) Currently a Chicago Bear.

And P.S: I'm one of the biggest Dante Fowler Jr. fans on this Jets forum' lol (not only is he from my city but also a great uncle to our first great niece) I was simply mocking those who feel he's an "underachiever". I love Dante Fowler Jr. and want him as a Jet more than you could ever imagine.

But nonetheless all you did was focus on his good - while completely ignoring his bad (and awful draft blunders).

• You completely ignored two first round busts in Luke Joecke and Blake Bortles.

• You completely ignored his losing record of 15-49 (.234%) during his first 4 years (heading into 2017).

• You completely ignored the fact that his team is in so much salary cap hell that he could not afford to keep his 2nd round stud and true #1 outside WR in Allen Robinson long term (but the Chicago Bears could).

• You also completely ignored the fact that his team is in so much salary cap hell that he can not afford his 3rd overall and 1st round draft pick and was forced to decline Fowler's 5th year option (due to not being able to afford his $14.2 million dollar 5th year price tag).

No point in drafting kids like Allen Robinson and Dante Fowler Jr. if you're not able to afford and keep them LONG TERM due to salary cap hell (Sorry, he can not take credit for that).

• All you did was nane off 12 good draft picks but completely ignored his other 27 draft blunders and draft failures from 2013-2017 (.307%).

Talk about cherry picking.

So this guy gets and is given 6 years needed in order to build up his team (from 2013-2018) but Maccagnan is being questioned after only heading into his 4th year (2015-2018)?

Talk about hypocritical cherry picking...

#148 DefenseWinsChampionships, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  9. Bowles Movement

Bowles Movement Active Member

Hind sight is 20/20. When you get a guy in the third rd and he becomes a pro bowler, you just got lucky. Might as well go back and criticize the Jets for not taking Brady when they could have had him in the fifth round. Or give Mac kudos for finding Richie Anderson after the whole NFL passed him by!!

10. Bowles Movement

he trades his first rd pick for Jolley and the Raiders second rd pick which he used on Nugent. This was the season after the Jets lost to Pitt in playoff heartbreaker after our kicker missed two 40 yd field goals.

11. Bowles Movement

There were fans calling for Rosen at 3 when we were on the clock. I was with one that now has selective amnesia. We liked and could have taken Mayfield. The decisions are easier in retrospect. I think he has done an OK job. Hoping he continues to improve and grow into the job. Not ready to give him a lifetime contract.

12. Bowles Movement

I think he and Mac get this year and next to get us into the playoffs. If Danold shows he is the real deal, with all the cap money and another good draft we should be on the way up and a tough out. If we arent at that point we need to know why.

13. Bowles Movement

Two words-Vernon Gholston

boozer32 likes this.
  14. boozer32

Really can't fault him on that. The Jets were in no man's land at the 6th spot. All the talent was 1-5. Chris Long, RB McFadden, Jake Long and Matt Ryan. Really couldn't fault Mangini. Who knew Joe Flacco would be a star? Revisiting that draft we should have taken either RB Jonathan Stweart or ILB Jerrod Mayo. Too bad we don't get do-overs. I know for a fact at the time the one player I didn't want was Gholston. Because I hate players from Ohio State.

15. boozer32

Doug Brien Ughhhhhhhhh!!!!!.Herm Edwards was to blame partly. He coached scared just like Bowles and didn't want to get closer for Brien. Pittsburgh knew they were gonna run and they stacked the box and Herm played right into their hands. A little play action or screen might have been a huge play or at least gave them something else to counter. Nope scardey cat Herm and equally scared Paul Hackett wanted to put all the pressure on a kicker...twice.

#155 boozer32, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  16. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Money talks.

For whatever reason(s) he doesn't want to spend on a big name proven GM or head coach.

I would've dropped MacCagnan like a bad habit and hired Dave Gettleman.

If Bowles doesn't work out I hope he goes out hires Jim Harbaugh to give Darnold the best possible coaching/shot he can get.

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

We all hope Darnold is the real deal but the guy has not played one meaningful snap yet . I think everyone should wait and see how he does in real games before we say what an outstanding pick he was. Also what if one or more of the Qbs who were drafted this year , look better down the road then Darnold,,,,,will people still be so eager to defend Mac ?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Really? I wonder how much he is paying this duo?

Somehow I find that hard to believe considering the uber/over the top contracts for lazy Mo and Mevi$

Do you have a source / evidence for that?

19. Bowles Movement

Absolutely right. Played to not lose. The dead of winter in Pittsburgh and he tried two 40 plus yd figs, instead of trying to get a closer shot. So much for “playing to win the game”.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

We all do this. We all swear after the fact that we would have made the right picks or moves. Its simple to make the claims when you know the outcome.

ColoradoContrails likes this.