Macc believes Jets will be very active in Free Agency.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AlexJETS, Nov 2, 2018.

1. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I worry about if we go after Bell, especially with his style. Well that and a me first attitude that seems to be making Revis look like the ultimate team player.

2. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Lol I was looking for a way to say this appropriately.

Thank you Sir.

3. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

In lieu of Chris Johnson checking here and getting the low down on him. Could be fired.

4. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Yeah, its hard to figure out how to use a RB.

Maybe you can send them your number

FJF likes this.
  5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Agreed. The only other guy I would give a big contract to is Lawrence but there isn't a chance in hell he hits FA. I saw some Twitter projections today saying Devin Funchess is going to command 15M a year on the market, which is ridiculous. I would be happy if we landed Bell and a guy like Fowler who the Rams aren't going to be able to resign because of their cap.

FJF likes this.
  6. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

In related news, water is wet!

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Not to be a grammar Nazi, but have seen this mistake made several times in the last couple of days

roll - something one eats as in a dinner roll, does with a pair of dice, or a cylinder formed by winding a flexible material around a tube, such as in a roll of scotch tape or toilet paper or paper towels, or a movement/momentum

role - the part or function that someone or something plays in a situation. Example: Anderson's role in the Jets' offense is to stretch the field vertically and help the team get on a roll.

NYJetsO12 and NYJFOREVER like this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

To me RB is not our first, second, third or even 4th priority. So I expect a huge amount of energy on OL, Edge rusher, more OL, WR, and then and only then RB. If we go all out for Bell and ho hum on the other priorities I'll puke. Yes, I want to throw my money at the threnches if the right talent is there, and for a stud rusher, and a durable #1 WR that makes Sam better. If we don't excel in the trenches and at better coaching we will never amount to shit. Bell or no Bell.
    So first and foremost a big chunk of change should go after a new coach. It will be the biggest single improvement, and will have zero impact to the cap. Then have the coach participate into the type of player that will make us better.

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The bold part I 100% agree with you. I mostly agree with the other parts, but will quibble a bit on the WR over RB. First, I would look into Bell, and vet him thoroughly. If I felt he would have a good attitude and wanted to come to the Jets - since they were apparently who he rooted for growing up - AND I could get a team-friendly contract that he would play for, then I would add him. He would make a HUGE difference in that offense and take a lot of pressure off Sam, as well as make him more dangerous as a QB. Failing to sign Bell, if a Bell-like RB were available in the draft I would strongly consider taking him - not ahead of any highly rated LT, C, or pass rusher - but if I already filled one or more of those positions, or none who were available weren't rated as highly as the RB or WR I would then look at taking a RB or WR, whichever one I thought would help Darnold the most. And to put a finer point on it, if I took a RB he would have to be a complete RB: running, catching, blocking.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Will-I-Am-Not likes this.
  10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yer on a rowle! Of course, it will get blamed on autocorrect.

11. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

No argument from me about your thinking. Should we be so lucky to follow this path. I'm a bit doubtful about Bell attitude with this team, but if he passes the mustard test so be it.
    So for kicks is Bell versus Julius Jones, pick your poison.

13. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Bell of course makes me nervous

He’s Mevis 2.0

But we HAVE to spend and if it’s structured properly, I’m good...

This is a change from my previous opinion

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

If the jets had someone opposing d’s had to key on it would vastly improve the rest of the offense. Right now we don’t have anyone that makes the defense have to worry.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Having $100m to spend is one thing.. Spending it wisely is quite another. Looking at Mike's previous attempts at big FA signings, I'm frankly worried that he'll get it right. So far, NONE of his big splash signings have been worth it and yeah, I'm counting Revis too. Wilk was money thrown away and TJ although still new, was getting toasted on a few bombs before he hurt himself. The ROI on this one has nowhere to go but up.. And it damn well better....

The upside I see is that if Macc fcks this up too and wastes Chris Johnson's cash with little to no improvement overall, then Macc walks the plank. I can't see how anyone can waste $100m and keep their job. Not even if the new CEO is a superfan.

16. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

The Jets will be very active in FA. Whether Mac is a part of that activity remains to be seen.

17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Bell? Wouldn't ring it..stupid waste of $ for RB with Mevi$ attitude

WE NEED AN OL..running backs need a place to run through..plus premier WR weapons for SD

When you have a solid OL in place and your on the cusp of winning a SB with a great team you sign L Bell ( for the right price of course) like the Eagles grabbed Ajani from Dolphins in the midst of their playoff run

Leicester Jet likes this.
  18. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Francesa on Maccagnan and Free Agency: "Don't tell me you were in the running to get a player, or you that you had an offer on the table....get the player!"

19. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

They actually have spent enough to reach the cash spending floor. They can carry over as much as they want, but they will spend on some of our own as well as bringing in some big $ FAs.

20. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

The good thing is there are many pass rushers available in FA this year. There are some offensive linemen too. The only problem is that Bell is the only skill player on offense that is a game changer that is available.

FJF likes this.