Mac says he doesn't need to see Hack play to Draft a Qb

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Yet he passed on Watson/Mahomes because they liked Hackenberg's progress.

I think we'd be better off trying to get someone from another team until the guy we want is in our face during the draft.

Cman68 likes this.
  2. I know the Texans were aggressive in attaining Matt Schaub,Deshaun Watson & hell even Brock Osweiller.But Mac coming from that system & his Similar “Sit on his hands” approach QBs until recently,scares the hell out of me. He’s entitled to build his own reputation w the Jets & be judged accordingly but it’s very worrisome

If Bowles isn’t gonna show urgency toward fixing the QB mess someone else has to..if not Mac than who??On second thought nobody answer that

3. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Jets won't be picking until the end of the first round.

Macc will bring Josh back to play the same roll he was supposed to play this year.

Macc may or may not draft a 3rd QB in the later rounds. If he does, Petty is gone.

2018 will be Hacks year to beat out a late round pick QB and a 39 yr old journeyman with a shiny new ring on his finger.

4. Mainejet

Mainejet Well-Known Member

I disagree. Mac is going to either sign a QB through FA or take a blue chipper high in the draft, that much I am certain of. The ONLY two QB's that warrant keeping is McCown and PETTY. PETTY is very clearly better than Hack.

So even if Mac opts to go into TC with 4 QB's he will NOT go into the regular season with 4. Not again. Hack will be gone because Petty is more deserving of staying and he provides a good option for depth.

tbruner12 likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

ok

6. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

One thing is for sure so far, the Johnsons show no backbone as to how to go about directing their staff/management to give direction as to how to properly evaluate the players on the roster. Sure, it's simple to assume that the coaching staff knows what players may not be ready, but for crying out loud, you pick a player in the 2nd round, you make your bed and sleep in it. Play him!!

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.