"M" Games

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by DeathByJets, Nov 23, 2011.

1. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

He is a pretty appreciative kid....so I am pretty sure he will be excited.

The Kinect technology is pretty cool. Kinect Adventures came with the XBox and it is very fun (love the river rafting). Way better than Wii.

2. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Hey man, I'll first start out with Call of Duty. There is violence of course but there is no gore in Modern Warfare 3 or Modern Warfare 2. The last Call of Duty that had gore in it (body parts being blown off) was World at War. They are very mild games when it comes to the violence compared to other games out there. There is strong language though. I would say the F is used many times thoughout the game. In Battlefield 3 its used up to 50 times I would say. Gears of War is an extremely graphic and gorey game. Heads are blown off, people are ripped apart by chainsaws, you probably get the point. Gears of War is probably THE most graphic game out for Xbox. However in the options menu you CAN turn the gore off. There is also strong language in Gears of War. Many F bombs are dropped.

Now to online play. Online play is a tough call for you kid at the age of 11. He is going to be exposed to conversation and language of that of people much older than him. The majority of the community is probably 16-25. It's easy to spot an 11 year old on the mic and people are going to say some nasty things. People can be quiet harsh on Xbox Live and it would almost be better for him to wait a few more years.

However, there is a privacy setting where if someone is not on his friends list, He cannot hear them talk and they cannot hear him talk. There is also a feature called party chat. If all of his other friends in the neighborhood or at his school use Xbox Live, He can use a feature called party chat, where he can invite up to 8 of his friends and talk to them and them only. You have to start a party every time you sign on to Xbox live but if he were to only use party chat he would only be communicating with his friends and not guys in their twenties.

3. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Just saw on the page before you had already bought everything! Hopefully the advice for online is helpful. Halo Reach is a great game especially for someone his age. I played the first Halo when I was 8 years old I think and it was an absolute blast