Luke Falk Games Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Cman68, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Arm strength is to a degree overrated. he has the arm to make all the NFL throws. Just as a reminder Chad Pennington never had elite arm strength but before he tore his rotator cuff he was able to make all the throws. He just adapted and was an excellent QB

FJF likes this.
  2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

As long as you have enough arm strength then arm strength is overrated. Chad is a great example as he was never considered to have a strong arm but pre surgeries he had enough arm and post surgeries he did not.

Falk really reminds me of Chad which is why I have a soft spot for him. I do think there are better prospect than him though.

FJF likes this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He's passed on some difficult throws to check down. I don't hate Falk BTW, I see a lot of good things, but I don't think he's a first round pick by any means. I think he's going to go late 2nd - early 3rd. His accuracy, short to intermediate are good and footwork is excellent. I like him a whole lot more then a Mason Rudolph that's for sure. Falk might be the most fundamentally sound QB in the draft. I just want him to be more aggressive and make decisions a little bit faster.

If I can get 2 QBs out of this draft 1 early and one in the mid rounds I would be very happy. That is if we don't get Cousins. Or if you get Cousins, absolutely still take a Falk in the 3rd round.

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It isn't overrated playing in the winter in the northeast winds. No one loved Chad more than me. No one. He was one of the few players that I have ever really, REALLY wanted the Jets to draft and they did. I thought his arm strength would be sufficient, but in retrospect, don't think it ever really was.

Now I will say, that maybe my memories of him have been affected too much by post injuries Chad, and I have simply forgotten what he looked like prior to those injuries. I just remember the Jets not even running some routes on offense and once other teams caught on, they didn't have to bother even defending those routes, and were able to play Jets' receivers more tightly, and the Jets' offense was very limited. I never want to go there again. I don't want any QB with an arm that is suspect, and imo Falk's arm is very suspect. I'd rather take a chance on Rudolph. I'd almost rather take a chance on Allen than Falk.

westiedog1 likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

If you grade him as a 2nd that means you have to be willing to reach for him in the 1st. It’s the way the league is. He has a solid game. I watched a few of his 2016 cut ups and he took more shots that year than this. Not sure why. Right now he is moving into 4th for me below Lamar and above Allen.
    I want no part of Baker

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  6. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

That's the bottom line for QBs... If you identify "your guy" and are confident he can become your franchise QB, then you go get him even if it seems like a "reach" to others.

7. Murrell2878

I think some of the reason he didn't go downfield as much this year could be he no longer had Gabe Marks, his OL was awful and he played the whole year with a broken left wrist.

Red Menace and FJF like this.
  8. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I'm on and off about Baker, perhaps its more desperation and not sticking to my gut feeling. I've only watched 4 games this year and maybe 1 game of last year of Falk. Perhaps I should check out that tape from last year to see if he can drive the ball down the field consistently. I think round 1 is too high, but if you really feel he can be that guy you trade down and get him. His fundamentals are well in place already. I like Falk, but he does have some flaws, you wonder if those flaws would limit him at the next level. Some adapt, some don't. That goes for Lamar too.

I would rather move on from Petty and even Hack. Try and take something positive from the Skins draft ideas and take 2 qbs in this draft. I really don't think Falk goes in the first 2 rounds, first 4 to me absolutely he will be drafted. Again, that's no insult on Falk. This draft is deep at QB, offensive line, RB look to be the class of this draft, not too sure about the defensive side of the ball. Cream rises to the top, but I think you can get 2 qbs in this draft and if I could walk away with both Lamar and Falk, I think we would find our answer pretty quickly.

FJF likes this.
  9. Murrell2878

Luke Falk is leaving the Senior Bowl to go to his former teammate Tyler Hilinski's funeral on Saturday. So we will not get to see him play, but totally understand why he's leaving. He has shined throughout the week.

Red Menace likes this.
  10. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I believe his left wrist is still healing from surgery and hence the reason his coaches were ok with him leaving as well.

11. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Takeaways: Luke Falk is the kind of QB that requires an immensely stout o-line to succeed. Id you can pressure him ,he loses his shit and panics.

If kept clean, he can make some of the prettiest touch passes and can tear the opposing defense apart with his anticipation throws.

Whether he can be coached to somehow fix the way he deals with pressure will be the key to whether he will be a starter or career back up in the NFL IMO

#131 grkmanga31, Mar 1, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    CotcheryFan likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

In this video, Falk's arm looks stronger than what I had seen earlier. If we sign Cousins, I now wouldn't mind if the Jets drafted Falk in the 2nd or 3rd round (wherever he is rated).

13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I like Falk as a Plan-B if ROsen, Darnold, Mayfield, or Jackson aren't there for them. It will be a MUST for the Jets to upgrade the OL though. But coupled with a stud RB, and in the WCO, I think he could do very well.

Pepsiguy5 and CotcheryFan like this.
  14. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I agree. I'm bullish on this guy. I bet he goes somewhere, quietly nails down a backup job, we'll all forget about him and then some opportunity will come along and he just comes out of nowhere to go on a nice little career run.