Louisville vs. Rutgers

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Big Poppa Naich, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Big Poppa Naich

Big Poppa Naich Active Member

I'm suprised there isn't a dedicated thread about this. This is a big time game, and the most important game in the history of RU. There is a thread about ticket prices, but no real game discussion thread. So here it is. Lets discuss this game!

After going to all but the opening game this year, I can't get in. I had been going as a grad students' guest... and students are not allowed to have guests for this game. So, I'll be watching it in North Brunswick, on my tv, about 10 minutes away from the stadium. Either that, or I'll go out to the Olive Branch and watch it there.

What are you plans? What are your predictions?

I am giving RU a shot, because I'm an alumni and a homer, so I'll say 21-24 RU upsets LOU!

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

On paper Lousville is aMUCH better team and if this game was anywher but at Rutgers it would be a blow out BUT this is the biggest game in RU history and the emotion from that and from the crowd can help RU upset UL. I still don't see it but I think they have a shot.

3. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

This game is winnable for Rutgers. It's going to come down to the running game. It's going to be a great one or a blowout.

-X-

4. Big Poppa Naich

Well, my buddy who is a student went to get his ticket today, since they made students get their tix early this time, and all 10,500 student tix were given out between 8 and 12 today. So this place is gonna be friggin loud and packed for the game.

5. gmay8

gmay8 New Member

I will be there.
    i also have one ticket for sale for $125 if anyone wants it.

6. SOWELLisGOD

SOWELLisGOD New Member

prediction...louisville...big

7. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

I'm going to sit this one out! :up:

8. Big Poppa Naich

I am not gonna pay $125 for a $14-$21 ticket... sorry, I just don't roll that way. I've been offering Jets tickets for sale to members on here for face value, and I will not pay over face for any tickets to anyone else. I do it out of a sense of loyalty to members on here.

I'm not saying that you can't look to make a buck, and I'm not telling you what to do with your own ticket. But, if I can't go, I'll just go to Olive Branch and hang out with my friends there.

Cheers!

9. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I agree but I give them a better shot than you do. Unfortunately I have a basketball game at 9:30 and will miss most of it, all of the second half. After years of watching unwatchable Rutgers football, too.

10. silent scream

silent scream Well-Known Member

Better get there early, that place gets packed enough as it is on Thursday nights. It's gonna be insane.

11. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

I would love a) this game to be closer than the Louisville-WVU game and b) the Scarlet Knights to pull off the win in the last :15 or so. Ummm, ummm, good!

12. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I'll be there up in the press box for most of the game, (college radio, sweet sweet perks of it all), but sadly have to leave mid 3rd or so to get back to the radio station at College Ave to do the postgame show for WRSU (88.7 FM if you wanted to listen). I figure I'll try my best to get down to the student center for as long as I can.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Well, it won't be 56-5. I'm thinking more like 37-20 Louisville. I will be pulling for Rutgers, but I just don't think they will win.

14. Big Poppa Naich

I'll be there at 4:15.... hopefully that is early enough... I have to work till 4.

15. theUandtheJETS

theUandtheJETS New Member

the game is not winnable for Rutgers...while rutgers has been beating up bad mid major programs, and the bottom of the BCS conferences,Louisville has proved themselves for the past 4 years....Rutgers doesnt recruit the same level of talent as Louisville. they will lose by over 3 TD's

16. theUandtheJETS

theUandtheJETS New Member

while 56-5 might not be realistic again this year, trust me it wont be anything close to 37-20....if Loisviille is going to give up 20 then they will break 50 again.

17. Big Poppa Naich

The campus is going nuts right now. I was just over at the student center for lunch, and WOW. WPLJ was there, the news vans were there, filming stuff... Mike & The Mad Dog are over there by Rutgers Stadium.

The place is gonna be loud. The atmosphere is great.

I don't see RU getting killed here.

18. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

RU FTW........to help ND......

19. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

I have no steak in this game but would love to see Rutgers pull it out.
    Nothin like that underdawg playing with all their hearts and leaving everything out on the field.

20. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

theres alot of people down here at UCF pulling for rutgers tonight....so from us golden knights, go kick some ass!