Looking to go to the MNF game 10/08, need tips!

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by jaydee, Sep 28, 2012.

1. jaydee

jaydee New Member

Hey all, first post, long time Jets fan (all 28 years). I've browsed these forums off and on for a number of years, just never registered.

I'm looking to go to my FIRST Jets home game. I live in WNY, and my dad takes me to the Bills-Jets game in Buffalo most years (I've probably been to 10-12 of them), and I've always wanted to go to a home game. Well my wife and son and I will be in the Philly area next weekend and I may finally get my chance. My wife really wants us to go (she's not a big football, but knows how much I want to go, and it's on my birthday), but the cost is pretty insane compared to a game in Buffalo and money's kinda tight right now, so I'm trying to be cost effective. Myself, my wife (5-months pregnant), and my 20-month old son will be going. We are looking at getting two tickets and having the kiddo sit on our laps (he's under 34" tall).

I'm looking for advice on seats, parking, tailgating, hotels.

Seats - I don't think my wife could take the 3rd deck. Both from the standpoint of steepness of steps, and from my experience in Buffalo, the 3rd deck tends to have more profane-laced drunkards, which I'm trying to avoid the best I can (impossible I'm sure to avoid completely). I fould seats in 220a for $125 each (ouch), but it's near a family restroom, has fewer seats between isles and being in the 2nd deck, I'm hoping for a more family-friendly crowd. Thoughts?

Tailgating - Would love to tailgate with some Jets fans. Can't really supply our own stuff to do it ourselves, we'll have our car packed from our trip. Any advice? What time to plan on being there, other "open" tailgates to join. Obviously we can pitch money in, to partake in someone else's grilling expenses.

Hotels - Need to find something within an hour drive of the stadium in the direction of western NY. Cost is a major factor!

Parking - I want to get there as soon as I can, and we need to head north up Rt 17 following the game towards home, though it's dependant on what hotel we end up at after the game.

Help out a fellow Jets fan! Thanks!

2. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=71971

Dude, go to the Jets thread and check put the pats hater memorial tailgater thread.

3. Section316

Section316 Active Member

With tickets, there are currently 11 thousand tickets left on Stubhub for a game being played in a bit over a week. That means it's going to be dirt cheap to get in, in any deck, if you wait it out. You're going to be on the road so printing the tickets might be an annoyance, but if you wait until next weekend, tickets should probably be in line with what it costs to go to a bills game.

4. JetsSec337Lot13B

Prices should drop as you get closer to the game. It's Monday Night Football which should make prices drop pretty cheap. I'd still go on ticketexchange now and get yourself a yellow parking pass. Face on those is $25 and they won't sell for below face and I'm pretty sure they can be bought on there for close to face.

As far as tailgating some of us have parties. There's also Tailgate Joe. I don't know him and I haven't attended but I heard it's a good time. I think it's $30 (I could be wrong) all you can eat and drink. He has posted in some other threads here.

5. boston_jet

boston_jet New Member

how was the first time experience?!?