London Bridges Falling Down - a/k/a here we go again again

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jetophile, Jun 3, 2017.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40146916
    Fatalities expected to climb. Didn't post full article, it's updating. An explosion, people run over (?), stabbings. What the fckn F. Over/under who is responsible:

1) Hippies
    2) Hare Krishnas
    3) Mennonites

#1 jetophile, Jun 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2017
  2. jetophile

'Bridges' plural as original report erroneously said more than one bridge involved. This is so out of hand. Not surprised, though.

3. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Remember, the people who die in attacks aren't the victims, the brown people who may have their feelings hurt are the real victims.

4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Hey, remind me when people jumped to conclusions when some asshole drove through a crowd in NYC? Was that a Muslim terrorist?

5. JetBlue

That's right. Only jump to conclusions when it's a police shooting, not when it's a terrorist attack.

RuJFan likes this.
  6. Greenday4537

Who does the former?

7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

call me what you want, i'm still betting the chalk on this one

HackettSuxTNG likes this.
  8. JetBlue

Funny how everyone jumps to the conclusion that racist remarks painted on LeBron James home must have been done by a racist before they have any idea who did it, but jump to the conclusion that terrorism is perpetrated by a Muslim and you're jumping the gun.

9. jetophile

Faisal Shahzad did try his damnedest in Times Square, though. A shame that didn't work out.

I get where you're coming from, but you're also willfully blind. I was beyond fair in the Manchester UK thread. I don't carry hatred in my heart. I do, however, carry reality. You like your oranges and apples thing, I understand. I don't broad-brush anyone, but being a caped Crusader on this garbage doesn't make it go away. I really wish CAIR wasn't so full of shit, but you can't have everything.

10. jetophile

Fair point. I'm still fckn pissed at Hitler for glomming the Swastika from the Jains. What a little bitch. Ruined it for everyone.

11. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Does anyone out there still want open boarders and no vetting ?
    Very sad---->Prayers for London

13. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

The article claimed 3 attacks in the past few months. I wonder if there are any commonalities between the attackers?
    Same school, fans of the same team... anything?

14. Greenday4537

Was anyone ever arguing for those things? Or were they just saying no to a ban on brown people?

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Holy shit, someone tried to ban brown people?when?

JetBlue and CBG like this.
  16. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Don't you remember, all border agents were given this helpful tool.
    [​IMG]

TommyJ and JetBlue like this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

HATE TO BREAK IT TO YOU Greenday ,,,and you can pick and choose your arguments however you like or whichever way suits you but there are people out there that actually want open boarders and there are others that are against Vetting,,,,,then theres me who thinks if my Grandparents had to go through hell and high water to come over here and earn everything they received afterwards so should everyone else,,,again thats just me .

18. 2insane

2insane Well-Known Member

I think it has been done by second generation immigrants

19. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

You have no authority as far as Greenday and terrorists are concerned.

You see, he was personally fighting them in Iraq, as a contractor. Now... according to his ideological comrades, everyone who went to Iraq are assholes to some degree. Soldiers because they like to kill people and joined military so they can do it. Contractors - just money loving bastards, probably out there to rape locals.

But Greenday... he is different, man. He was fighting those terrorist, one supply order at a time!!
    So you watch who you talk to. :mad:

Besides, even if this was terrorist act, it's probably because of Trump. Just a lone wolf misguided protest against pulling out of climate treaty... and Russia, of course.

20. jetophile

Well, ISIS has claimed "responsibility" (again again), but keep in mind, they like to claim responsibility for everything, so time will tell. The three turds that were shot dead were yelling, "This is for Allah!" as they were indiscriminately stabbing at people. Some of the posts on reddit were horrifying as it was unfolding. A handful of unarmed cops wussed (allegedly), but there were several cases of civilian and one cop that we know of committing acts of extreme badassery. Cop with a only a baton gave a full beat down on all three a-holes, not knowing if their suicide vests were real in order to allow people to get away. Talk about jumping on a grenade. He only stopped when he got stabbed in the face. Some guy in a pub was basically fencing one of the loser schmucks with a chair, and then just started throwing shit - including chairs, bottles - whatever else he could get his hands on to help a stabbing victim. A++.

All of the pub stuff brought to mind The Winchester/Shaun of the Dead, and the guy running down the street with a pint and not spilling his beer, hats off to the Brits for grabbing onto that for succor. I disagree with people getting unduly upset with it, but I understand it. Still, sometimes you need humor - no matter how displaced - to survive unconscionable horror. Personally I don't think the guy with the pint fully knew what was going down, but still typical English wry in a whirlwind of complete hell. RIP to the victims and their families. It's been awful for our friends across the pond lately. Ugh.