Lions' Trevor Bates Stiffs Cab Driver, Punches NYPD Cop in the Face

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by jetophile, Jan 31, 2019.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25857334/detroit-lions-lb-trevor-bates-arrested-new-york

I thought somebody would have posted this already but I didn't see a thread. Probably not worth one, but I figured I would irritate FJF so that's why I'm doing it.

Bates stiffs cabbie, cabbie calls police, Bates is arrested and taken to precinct for processing. Bates refuses to be fingerprinted, flips out, punches a cop in the face which required 3 stitches (cop also got a concussion), gets tased, gets taken to hospital for a psych eval.

What would have been just a desk appearance ticket has now turned into a litany of charges. I heard on the radio he could be facing up to seven years. Probably if he would have just coughed up the money when the police arrived at his hotel he may not even have been arrested if the cabbie agreed. What the frig, dude.

2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

3. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Damn... all over a cheap cab fare? Definitely needs some help with his mental issues.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Detroit will do that to you.
    And great thread jeto.

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the new NFL of 2019..used to have flak jackets to protect QBs ..now we've graduated to straightjackets lol

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

The only place I've ever been in Detroit is the airport. It wasn't the worse day at the airport ever quite a few times, but some idiot messed up my luggage a couple of years ago (long story, only me) and I almost missed my connection. The joys of Delta. Hey, time for a bump. : )

7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Maybe Dylan Donahue knew what he was doing after all