Le'Veon Bell

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Ubiquitous, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous Well-Known Member

2. kevda5n9ne

kevda5n9ne Well-Known Member

Just our Luck... The first thing I saw on ESPN was the Steelers schedule, and of course he is eligible to comeback the week they play us. Hopefully he'll be rusty, but man I always feel that the Steelers always get 1-up on us. Times when we had the same record and they get the tiebreakers for the playoffs, or had the same record and they pick ahead of us in the draft.

Vida likes this.
  3. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

At least he should be a little rusty. Definitely will not see a 20 touch game.

That said who cares? Just legalize it already, maybe not nationally ("trick love the kids"). NFL players should be able to smoke weed without consequence.

4. Burning Elvii

Burning Elvii Well-Known Member

He's just a dummy

5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I bet St. Louis thought that last year before he had 19 rushes for 62 yards, 7 catches for 70 yards, and a TD.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

They need to take marijuana off the list of banned substances already or at the very least stop testing for it. It's getting to be ridiculous to see these guys suspended for the same amount of time for beating their wives and girlfriends.

Put it in perspective of a civilian. I understand they're not civilians and you can feed me all the yada yada bullshit about being paid millions of dollars to play the game. When the cops show up to an apartment for marijuana smoke do they arrest them and detain them for 48 hours? No. Do they arrest someone for assault after being called to the scene? Yep, most likely. It's silly. These guys are killing their families and themselves because of the trauma the game has brought upon them. I don't see how MJ is really that harmful to players.

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Technically, shouldn't he get a year as he already served a 4 game??

They definitely need to stop testing for weed, it will be a huge sticking point in the next CBA negotiations.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

roger goodell and most of the fans of this game are control freaks who enjoy seeing people punished. its nonsense.

9. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

No, he'd have to fail a drug test. That'd be a repeat offense. Skipping a drug test is different.

10. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Sweet little loophole.

11. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

Your employer is paying you obscene amounts of money for a service. Only catch is you can't smoke weed. Morally right or wrong, you would think people would see the big picture and smarten up.

Make millions of dollars. Millions of dollars can buy copious amounts of marjiuana. If I can suck it up and go without for 10 years then I can take my millions and retire and build an island made out of weed if I want to.

I just don't get it.

TNJet likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Skipping a drug test in the NFL is the equivalent to a failed drug test according to what Schefter was saying the other day on ESPN.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

You don't at all factor in at all the physical stress this job puts on the body nor the long term ramifications it has to the punt where plenty of these athletes don't live long enough to enjoy their millions or simply can't enjoy them because they're too mentally fucked up in the head from playing the sport.

Granted, that doesn't take away from the fact that you're completely correct on these guys being massive morons for failing the tests full well knowing they're going to get tested. But the argument that they shouldn't fix the weed smoking rule is so nonsensical.

14. NJrocket24

NJrocket24 Well-Known Member

I wasn't arguing against or for the legal status of weed or even the potential health benefits. My point was its amazing guys can't stop even when they are aware of the consequences. The loss of millions, suspensions etc. seems to not compare to the joys of smoking weed. You think these guys would make the distinction and put it off til the career is over

NCJetsfan and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  15. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I agree they should do that, but Bell wasn't smart here because he's in the Drug Substance abuse program it's like probation. Apparently, if you aren't in that program you get drug tested only once? Can someone confirm that?

MJ isn't harmful to anyone cept the super-paranoid.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The players have a union and they signed the dotted line on this stuff. I personally love weed but if its ridiculous to be suspended more for smoking the cheeba than wife beating they should've thought about that when they negotiated that shit with the owners.

Its because of that and the fact that they all know these rules, they all know how millions of dollars are at stake, and truthfully its probably really easy to beat the NFL tests, that I am not sympathetic to their plight at all. Don't sign off on it and/or don't get caught. very simple solution.

17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Technically he was suspended last year for his conduct and not for violation of the drug procedures. He was arrested for a DUI and caught with marijuana which Goodell game him 4 games for, until it was appealed down to 2. This is under a separate procedure

18. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

ESPN announced the suspension and the NFLN corroborated it.

Everyone on here makes a big deal about the players signing away their rights... but in the CBA it states that until a suspension is final (meaning the player has a chance to appeal) they have a right to privacy. This is in place so the player doesn't have his reputation harmed if he prevails in his appeal.

Who gets called on the carpet in the league office for this? Nobody of course.

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The New England Patriots and their devoted fans. Taking a principled stand on workplace privacy since last year.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  20. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's like how the Jets somehow mysteriously didn't get scheduled to play the Patriots until the way end of the year, both this year and last year with possible Brady suspensions looming. I do not find that surprising in the least, just like how they have a cookie cutter schedule 3 of the first 4 games.

kevda5n9ne likes this.