Leonard Williams working to improve his sack total

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

According to who? Did any Jets F.O. personnel or coach say that? I might've missed that.

2. Walt White

Not ignore or forget. Not understand.

LF911SC likes this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Well I was giving them credit as opposed to the alternative. If they drafted Sharon Lee in the first round because they thought he would be stout at the point of attack at 200lbs, then they are even dumber than I am giving them credit for.

4. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

lol improve from what, the TWO sacks he had this year?! I'd hope he'd improve from that.

5. Walt White

Yeah, I didn't think so. 200 lbs. is silly too as is "point of attack" but knock yourself out.

6. BrowningNagle

Point of attack: common football term referring to the spot where the offensive players intend to go and where the defender steps in to meet them. No quotations needed and not silly

200 lbs might be silly though. Maybe Sharon Lee is 210

7. Walt White

Right, let's call out another cliche' so we can say he's not Dick Butkus filling the middle and then we can still call him Sharon. This is fun.
    Btw, 210 isn't close. Sharon's put some meat on her azz, but more on her tits actually. That's what happens when you mature. It's amazing.

8. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

He sucks at virtually every part of playing LB? In this defense? That makes him a bust? After how long?

This nonsense isn't enough, you actually typed that he's the single biggest weakness on the defense for two years? Do you actually watch games? Every single time a team needs a first down, they magically get Lee to cover someone and he blows the coverage? Every time? Lol. Can't make this up.

9. LF911SC

True, some honestly believe there are LBs who can shut down a passing game. That they aren't in a mismatch when covering a RB or WR. Simple football 101 concept,

Walt White likes this.
  10. Walt White

Yeah, but you were right also. That way they can bitch and cry and whine either way, lmao.

LF911SC likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

I watch all the games. I am truly amazed though at the divergent opinions on Lee. I remember the Saints game, maybe one of Lee’s worst performances (and that’s saying something) and afterwards on twitter all these people talking about how he’s improving like WTF are you guys smoking? He was embarrassed in that game. 1 or 2 good plays and 15 bad ones, and let’s look at the 2 good plays and call him improving??? Seriously

And you know what I mean. They don’t dip into the Lee well on every 3rd down to avoid predictability but honestly they probably could... every crucial 3rd down it’s a simple conversion: run a ball fake or a counter and a guy right at Lee, he bites and fuckin blows it. Too damn easy.

If you watch and pay attention you see teams clearly know this about Lee and they game plan for it. He’s a liability

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He's going to improve his sack full of fish total.... can't blame him for wanting to do that :D

FJF likes this.
  13. LF911SC

Look, I agree, he hasn't come in and played like a top LB. Hes a work in progress though, not nearly as bad as he's made out to be. He was picked 19th or 20th and is pretty much what he was said to be. There weren't options at that spot, he is what he is. But he's no bust.

FJF and 101GangGreen101 like this.