Latest CBS Mock has Jets trading down

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Leicester Jet, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

They have us trading with the Redskins with the Jets getting their 15 pick, their 2019 5th round pick and !st Round pick in 2020

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...-t-j-hockenson-dwayne-haskins-goes-to-giants/

2 questions :-

1, Does this trade seem right value wise
    2. They have us taking T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa. Bearing in mind who is left on the board, should be go Dalton Risner, OT, Kansas State? They say he play every spot on the O/Line and we need so much help there.

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Feels like we should get more than that down 12 spots after giving up three 2nd rounders to move up 3 spots last year. At least get a 2nd in 2019 in addition to the 1st in 2020.

As for the pick, I'm not opposed to it, but there could be better skill players available at 15. Fant, Harry, and M Brown should be considered before Hockensen IMO.

jilozzo and Sam Hammer like this.
  3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I love a trade back but I can't do it for just next years 1st and a 5th this year.

There has to be a second or 3rd round pick this year--especially how far we are dropping back (or how far the Skins are moving up).

And I don't want a TE there--has to be Oline or Edge.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

We gave up 3 2s to move 3 spaces,including 2 in the same draft. They give up a 5th and a next year 1st (which is equal to this year’s 2nd)?
    I think it has to be more than that.
    I would say this years 2,3 and next years 1 and 5.

#4 FJF, Feb 22, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
  5. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I don't really like going TE in round 1. Herndon has looked very good to close out his rookie year. I'd rather see them go for a Tackle / edge rusher if possible.

6. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

And that really tall dude in the Sleeper thread on Day 3.

7. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

1. This is a horrible trade - 15 to 3 for a 1st and a 5th? I'll pass on that deal.

2. This is a horrible selection for the Jets as well. They do not need a TE in the first round. You go with Herndon and get Mercedes Lewis via FA. If this trade would go down, give me Brian Burns who might be the 2nd best pass rusher in this class. Or I would take one of those lineman.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I will say the Redskins have a legitimate chance of being horrendous in 2019, so that 2020 Pick could be a Top 5 pick.

9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Really want that 2nd rounder this year. 1 and a 5th ain't good enough for me. Redskins have a really good defense also. Alex Smith might be dead, but they could rebound still and be a decent .500 team.

10. CotcheryFan

Imagine the Redskins handing a top 3 pick to us in what appears to be a better QB draft than this year's. We could trade down 2 years in a row and fill a ton of holes. :D

The Dark Knight likes this.
  11. wellemann

wellemann Member

The value must be off. Its moving waaaay up to get the first qb of the draft.

And I agree on the TE not being biggest need at 15. O-line or pass rush.

12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

The same Washington team that moved heaven and earth to move up for RGIII? . More needed...

For starters, need to get back into the 2nd round this year.

tomdeb and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

If it also included swapping a 2019 2nd for a 2019 3rd it would be good.

Jets could go OL with both their 1st and 2nd picks, plus have a second 1st rounder in 2020. Those picks could always be traded after the draft for any franchise tag players that wont sign, like Mack last year.

14. The trade down value is caca no doubt..

I dont like the Hockenson pick but i cringe w how everyone is so fixated on edge/OL. Edge i can understand cause its a deep class & a massive need.. but likely to be addressed in FA.

I feel like the OL pick is being forced..how do i know? People seem more infatuated w just TAKING an OL rather than any specific prospect.Guy could have a 4th round grade who none of us have ever seen but if his name has “OL” next to it folks will be happy. The TGG OL obsession continues..this is how we ended up w Mike Haight & Dave Caddigan.

#14 KurtTheJetsFan, Feb 23, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2019
  15. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I think CBS must have had some budget cutbacks. That is a ridiculous mock. IF the jets trade down, it should not be out of the top 10, and they should/better get more than a first in 2019 and 2020 and a 5th this year. Second, TE is the LAST place the jets should use their #1 pick in 2019 on. Makes about as much sense as taking Brady over Sapp, when they already had used a #1 on TE Mitchell three years earlier. Who knows with Maccagnan though?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

To move that far down should involve a "can't refuse" level of compensation - this year's 2nd, and maybe a 3rd, and next year's 1st.

And a big NO WAY to taking a TE with the first pick! Edge rusher, OL, RB, WR are all higher priorities.

tomdeb likes this.
  17. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

Do you wanna be the Browns? Cause this is how you become the Browns

Imagesrdecieving, tomdeb and FJF like this.
  18. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I think CBS is factoring in the "Maccagnan is an idiot" algorithm into the equation which places a totally different valuation on trades ... sounds about right .

KurtTheJetsFan and tomdeb like this.
  19. CotcheryFan

The current Browns look like a team on the rise. But, I wouldn't trade down if a blue chip prospect fell to us with a hypothetical 1st round pick we acquired. Especially if that blue chipper is an OT or skill position player.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  20. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I like trading with the Redskins the most because of the potential haul we come away with and at pick 15 there still is some great talent to be had. I envisioned getting at least this years #2, next years #1, and 1-2 later picks. Of all the picks, I really want a second rounder for this year, we need to get a lot of middle picks to build this team and having 3 would be great.

Picking a tight end when we have Herndon is beyond stupid. We can get a 2nd tier pass rusher/offensive linemen in the first and immediately fill a need.