Late thoughts on McCarthy...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Footballgod214, Jan 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

I'm not happy about Gase, but the glass half full way of looking at it is that, yes, we do have a better coach now than we had three weeks ago. The question is, how much better?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

It should only get better.

Gregg Williams? Leveon Bell? Ziggy Ansah? A blockbuster trade? The NFL Draft.

It feels like the Jets are making all the right moves and they're getting some breaks.

For the first time in a looooooooooong time I'm thinking Super Bowl.

Mr mittens likes this.
  3. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I am sure Mc Carthy getting no other interviews--especially including his former colleague Dorsey--affected the Jets' process

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

CBG and jets_fan like this.
  5. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

There is no grand vision or plan to what he's doing. The only reason he has a job right now is because Sam Darnold fell in his lap at #3 in the draft. He passed on two franchise QBs who were there for the taking last year and has, generally speaking, done a poor job of drafting for this team. And the less said about Trumaine Johnson, the better.

6. One eye

One eye Member

Not saying that Trumaine was a saint, but did any free agent or draftee really thrive when Bowles was here? I mean, Henry Andersen? Andre Roberts? We are not talking house hold names here. Everyone wants to blame the GM when a player doesn't work out, and many times that is right, but let's not forget, the coach is supposed to be able to make use of these 'big names' too. Bowles certainly didn't seem to provide that. Or was it the players? They def seemed to have success elsewhere. Did they get rich and fat, and mail it in? I don't know, but it always seemed they would get a guy, and see how they could use him, instead of getting the guy to do the task they need.

7. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Last three seasons for the packers and miami

One was 23-24-1
    The other was 23-25

Both had a 10-6 record in 2016

One had aaron rodgers
    The other stuck by a washed ryan tannehill

Both qbs missed time due to injuries.

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

Jets1035 and Mr mittens like this.
  8. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

McCarthy probably went in thinking we could wrestle some of the roster control away. Not only did that not happen, they obviously didn't like some of his staff personnel.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Grand vision or Narcissism???

Imagine disrespecting MCCarthy that way handing him a list of assts they screened? Like McC can't do that on his own???

This is like blowing off NYU Medical center for your heart surgery and listening to the surgeon from Pompton Lakes NJ

Dummmies...

CBG likes this.
  10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

McCarthy couldn't even keep his job in GB with a hall of fame QB. But now he's Vince Lombardi. How dare the Jets question his all mighty omnipotence!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

FJF, NYJFOREVER and Mr mittens like this.
  11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Stinky I have read this report a few times in a few places and when we first saw them about Rhule I said UGH,,,I]get a kick out of the guys that just want to believe in mac for the sake of believing. I hope Gase is the real deal but until he proves it I will say it again they failed an open book test as McCarthy was sitting there and wanted the job.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Similar reports about Rhule

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

True, but might as well let them believe this is a good landing spot for all!!

14. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

It’ll be interesting to see if Gase is allowed to being in Dowell Loggains, the bottom feeder of bottom feeders. If he’s allowed too, then you have to wonder how much worse McCarthey or Rhule could have done assistant wise.

HomeoftheJets, jets_fan and stinkyB like this.
  15. stinkyB

Didnt have a problem about it in regards to Rhule..... his resume wasnt there to dictate. McCarthy's a different scenario though, but as some posters above have made some good points... Neither was a prize IMO. We'll see how it shakes out

16. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

That’s not the point. The point is about McCarthy and the point is he doesn’t have a job from anyone, there were many reasons he wasn’t hired and he only wanted this job so bad when other jobs were filled.

This has nothing to do with gase. Gase also interviewed with other teams though since you ask. Such as the Packers and Cardinals.

Mr mittens likes this.
  17. stinkyB

Well, if you knew you were going to make 9 million dollars next year regardless of the outcome, would you be rushing to find a new job? Dude could be as choosy as he wants.... either get paid to work, or get paid to chill

Cman68 likes this.
  18. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

That’s fine. All well and good. But none of that helps the argument that the jets are so Desired it’s the only place he’d work.

19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Did you ever work for the Military CBG? They are good at defending this country but micromanage everything. I had a Civilian contract job with them and a year was all I could take

Similar with present Jets management...

OTOH they will overlook Bowles obvious incompetence to scrutinize some promising newcomer with some heavy red tape.

Plus Mac and Chris said they now want "type A" personalities ..including prob a guy like Williams..so I don't get it

Almost like setting up the org/relationship to Fail

20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

No disrespect to McVay, but he has Goff as his QB - you think that had something to do with his turning Rams around? Gase had Tannehill, who was injured half the time. When Gase had Manning he also did pretty well - better than any other Manning's coach in his entire career. Heck, even before that McVay had 90 mill dollar man - Kirk Cousins. Gase had to deal with absolute scrubs like Cutler, Osweller, and the dude who was a 3d stringer for Jets, who just got engaged to miss universe, and is about to have sex for this first time in his life. All thanks to Gase coaching him to fame in Denver.

The point here is this: If Darnold becomes next Goff, I fully expect similar results from Gase as McVay with Rams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.