lane kiffin... lying piece of !@#$...

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by alleycat9, Aug 11, 2012.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

like we didnt know this already.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/...esponds-usa-today-revealing-coaches-poll-vote

so he is mad because he lied and got called on it. i say good for usa today. dont be a scumbag lane... you are supposed to be a role model to the 75 kids who go to usc every year. how about you try to teach them something about life instead of being a cock sucker.

USC coach Lane Kiffin responded Friday to USA Today's decision to release his coaches' poll vote despite traditional rules that keep the votes private until the final poll of the season.

Earlier this week, Kiffin said he "would not vote" the Trojans No. 1 overall when told that Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez mentioned he did. When USA Today caught wind of Kiffin's comments, the newspaper revealed Kiffin did vote USC No. 1, citing his providing of "false or misleading information" to the public and a desire to "set the record straight to protect the poll's integrity."

Really, it doesn't make sense to me. The coaches vote, and the coaches I know, the good ones, they don't watch other games. They're trying to worry about their own team, watching film. Yet we vote on who's best.

-- USC coach Lane Kiffin
    USC released a statement Thursday night, attributed to senior associate athletic director for media relations Tim Tessalone, that said the newspaper's decision to release Kiffin's vote was "disappointing and attacks the integrity of the poll."

Asked about the poll after his Trojans scrimmaged at the L.A. Memorial Coliseum on Friday afternoon, Kiffin downplayed the issue and defended his original comments.

"Not a big deal," Kiffin said. "You guys asked me about RichRod and I was saying I wouldn't put us No. 1. I was saying that because of our issues with numbers, from (the perspective of) other people. Did I vote us No. 1? Yeah. I said that when they called me, before they even told me."

USC is under NCAA sanctions and can only have 75 players on scholarship this season as a result. Most schools are allowed up to 85.

Still, Kiffin indicated he voted the Trojans No. 1 because he didn't want players such as Matt Barkley and T.J. McDonald to think he didn't believe in them.

"I don't know how you go in to see these guys and say, 'Hey, thanks for coming back for your senior year, but, by the way, my opinion is I have these other teams ahead of you,' " Kiffin said. "It is what it is."

More On USC
    For more news and notes on the Trojans, check out ESPNLosAngeles.com's blog. Blog

Asked how his players would have found out if he didn't vote the Trojans No. 1, Kiffin went back to the poll's supposed secrecy.

"Nothing stays private," he said. "This didn't stay private. They say it does, but it doesn't."

Grant Teaff, executive director of the American Football Coaches Association which co-directs the poll with the newspaper, told USA Today on Thursday he sent Kiffin a letter about his issue with the comments.

Kiffin said Friday he has not received the letter and has had "no communication" with Teaff about whether he'll be allowed to continue voting.

Asked if he plans to file future ballots, Kiffin was apathetic.

"I don't really care," he said. "Really, it doesn't make sense to me. The coaches vote, and the coaches I know, the good ones, they don't watch other games. They're trying to worry about their own team, watching film.

"Yet we vote on who's best."

The preseason poll was the first time Kiffin voted in the USA Today Coaches' Poll.

He said he filled out the poll "with a group of people helping me."

2. catsigater

catsigater New Member

The guy has zero personal integrity.

3. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

lol he is def a scummy guy

4. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Of course he's a liar, everyone already knew that. I have a much bigger problem with USA Today revealing his vote, destroying the tiny bit of integrity that the poll may have had at some point.

5. alleycat9

i dont have a problem with them doing it. he was full of shit and they called him on it. if he had said no comment or told the truth none of this would have been an issue but he went out of his way to lie about it and he got called. good for usa today.

if usc had any real balls they would hulk smash his ass too. the world doesnt need douchebags like him.

6. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Ehh I guess he went back on his word it is a story. The coaches poll is dumb because the coaches' put their team's interests first, not who they think are the best team. They know if they hype up a team they beat, all of a sudden their team looks stronger.

7. dr.terryeddy

dr.terryeddy New Member

I always thought the coaches poll was a joke (for the reasons Kiffin mentioned), but I figured that most coaches would be professional enough to at least give as unbiased an opinion as possible. I would never have expected anything more from this guy that what he said, however....

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I never understood why every coach wouldn't simply vote themselves number one, at least at the beginning of the season when everyone is 0-0. why would you vote another team ahead of you when they have proven anything.

point being the coaches poll is a big f'ing joke and if Lane Kiffin helped bring attention to that fact good for him.

9. Coach K

Coach K New Member

say what you want but the guy knows football and USC is definitely one of the best teams in the country this yr.

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I sometimes enjoy guys like Lane Kiffin that do whatever they want and piss people off in the process.

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Team is fucking stacked on both sides

12. alleycat9

1000 dollars that they end up on probation again for something stupid that this dipshit kiffin does.

he is a snake oil salesman, he is not a very good coach.

13. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

He is a snake oil salesman, but I think he's a pretty damn good college coach.

14. alleycat9

based upon his 3 years as OC at usc working with guys who received benefits? or his 7-6 record at tennessee before he jumped ship on them?

his old man was a great defensive coordinator, he is a piece of dirt.

sorry about the swear in the title... thanks to whoever fixed it.

15. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Kiffin is a douche. He hyped and made the people at Tennessee buy into his tough guy motto than ditched them after one season.

16. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

He left a good job for a top 5 job in the nation easily. You wouldn't do the same thing if USC offered you a job?

17. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

Nope, but than again I ain't an arrogant un loyal douche like Kiffin.

18. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I hope Kiffin gets banned for 5 years once all the dirt from USC and Tennessee comes out involving him.

19. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

WTG Stanford!!!!!!!!!

20. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

yeah kiffin does appear to be a dickhead.