Kerley

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsandcanes, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Jetsandcanes

Jetsandcanes Active Member

For the love of god stop playing Owusu and Devin Smith over him. Coaching staff looks so damn stubborn and foolish refusing to admit they are wrong.

2. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

His touchdown dance made me smile haha. I like Kerley, too bad he can't find a seat at the table.

ajax and mute like this.
  3. Jetsandcanes

Jetsandcanes Active Member

Seriously what did this guy do? Never heard of a proven NFL player who is healthy just have his playing time completely disappear in favor of a bunch of nobodies. To not even put him in on 3rd downs at least makes me question this staff.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

kerley needs more p.t. plain and simple. he is a perfect compliment to decker and marshall on the outside

5. Jets4eva9011

Jets4eva9011 Well-Known Member

It's mind boggling.

Kerley is by far the best receiver after Marshall and Decker, and it's not even close.

chris5533, greaser and Royal Tee like this.
  6. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

He had a threesome with Mrs. Gailey and Mrs. Bowles. Can't think of any other reason.

jco2007 and Toronto's Biggest like this.
  7. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

This is my one criticism of Bowles. Kerley is a solid player.
    I don't know what his attitude is like all week, but he plays good ball.

8. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't know what's up but it seems like they figured out Kerley can play. Use his shiftiness...especially if your going to be a short passing type team, a guy like Kerley can work those spots, he's small, shifty enough...and the Jets needed someone to take the pressure off Marshall and Decker...defenses were soon to gameplan to take those two away soon enough...Kerley can play...meanwhile you hope a Owusu and Smith can improve.

9. Jets4eva9011

I almost feel like a big part of their games (Owusu and Smith) are mostly going to be rendered useless as long as Fitz remains the QB going forward. Fitz is a terrible thrower past 20 yards.

PennyRoyal10 likes this.
  10. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

I liked the Devin Smith pick at the time but Im fairly positive hes gonna be a bust....he plays with no desire whatsoever

11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

yeah and they are rookies, they do'nt really understand coverages as good as the top 3. Sucks because I feel you have to take shots to open whatever you DO work with underneath...soon these teams are going to adjust to this.

12. Jets4eva9011

Well, we all knew he was a 1 route runner when he was drafted. He's got to learn to expand his route tree, even moreso with Fitz at QB.

13. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I try to be patient with rookies as the step up in competition from college is so great, and I realize he missed a lot of camp, but certainly his start up to this point is concerning. Someone mentioned that Fitz's lack of arm-strength could also be limiting what he's best at and I agree with that. Hopefully he's showing enough in practice that they feel confident running him out there, we'll see.

There has to be more to Kerley than what we're privy to. This staff just seems dead-set on finding his replacement at WR, no matter what...

14. 74

74 Well-Known Member

They drafted Devin for Geno. He can get a step on db's but that doesn't matter when the best deep balls he's gonna get from Fitz are ones he needs to fight for. He's getting mean mugged and pushed out of position on contested throws.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

This is true but shit it would be nice if he could do something else besides run straight and look suprised when the ball isn't perfect in his stride

16. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

That was great

He's in now. Enunwa is out. That's a good thing. Kerley's definitely a bigger for help for Fitz

Smith will be a better player than Owusu.....That's not sayin' much or doin' much for us right now...I get it

17. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

As a big Owusu fan, they need to play Kerley more. Unfortunately either Owusu and Devin Smith are not playing well or Fitz just isn't a good fit at QB for them. It's probably both, but we gotta put the best players on the field and right now that's Kerley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

This has been said in multiplet threads. The kid can ball no doubt.

19. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

I think if we continue to get below average results from Owusu and Smith, Kerley will get his chance...... But Owusu and Smith aren't going away all togather....... We have so many WR's, it's hard to get them all time

20. Jets4eva9011

Either Owusu or Smith expand their route tree, or they are going to likely continue being useless for the most part as long as Fitz is the QB.