Kendall to be cut

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ButtleMan, Feb 21, 2006.

1. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Exactly, coming out he was supposed to be Orlando Pace, the best LT we've seen in many years, he could be...But to expect anything right away is not fair...

2. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Apology accepted!:grin:

3. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Kendall si one guy I would have loved to have kept. In fact, I would have cut Mawae before Kendall. Too bad, but I guess that is the business side of the NFL

4. Kendall will find a team where he can flourish. Unfortunately his high salary and playing style do not fit this team's new direction. I wish him luck in the future.

5. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

maybe kendalls replacement will be jumbo elliot

6. In all seriousness, I think his spot will be a battle between a yet to be drafted rookie and Ian Snell who has a ton of potential.

7. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

Guys I dunno if this has been said before, but with all the releases, I would love to see LeCharles Bentley brought in.

He is young, can play both OC and OG and can easily step in to our starting position. He will command a decent price tag however.

8. rajensen088

rajensen088 Banned

Jay Cutler will think the Vanderbilt line was actually pretty darn good.

9. Great point. I think if I could pinpoint one player for us to land in FA...it'd be Bentley. He's young, talented, is a leader, and is very versatile. We could put him at either center or guard and not hafta worry for the next 5 years. He'd be an outstanding pick up.

10. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

can we afford Bentley and do you really thing Sean Payton, an Offensive minded coach, would allow him to leave?

However, maybe Bentley wants out of that chaos in New Orleans and wants to migrate north to NY; especially if the price is right. i sure do hope so.

cheers

11. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

We need Mawae. I hope he restructures. Moore and Jones will be fine, but in all likelihood we'll be starting a rookie at LG and RT, hopefully from the 2nd and 3rd rounds. We cannot afford either Goodwin or another rookie at OC as well.

12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Why was Kendall not cut today?

13. ButtleMan

ButtleMan New Member

Not everyone will be cut on the first day. First comes the real dead weight. The guys that the FO do not want even close to the team.
    They might try to restructure Kendall or at least wait a bit and see if anyone would give them something for him.
    There also might be something about roster bonuses or other types of bonuses in the recently waived players contract that warranted them getting released this early.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, good point. That makes sense.

15. The Texans might be willing to give up a 6th rounder for Kendall's services.

...And hey, Detroit needs OL help and has always been good about trading for our deadweight.

16. boomer

boomer Active Member

How the hell are we going to field a team?

17. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

I'm starting to wonder that myself.

18. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

He'll probably go to the Redskins. After all, that's where all our players go, unless they have some sort of love for Parcells, in which case they go to the Cowboys.

19. Well Jimmy Raye was brought back. He obviously couldn't coach, rumor has it he'll be our # 1 special teams gunner. Hey It's a start.

20. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I asked myself the same question.